Amount

Kiraling

26 Dec 2019 13:49 #66068 by brantley
Kiraling was created by brantley
Just catching up with Anonxysus' serial. I'd read chapters 1-35 back in 2014, but then there was nothing more for four years. By 2018, I was distracted by problems with a dead computer and frozen website, and so I missed the updates that year and this year. But from a quick glance, it looks to be a classic.

--Brantley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• brantley
  • brantley's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
26 Dec 2019 14:05 #66069 by guimachajo1
Replied by guimachajo1 on topic Kiraling
Bradley tienes razón. 
Kiraling is a clasic story. 

More
26 Dec 2019 17:34 - 26 Dec 2019 17:35 #66071 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Kiraling

brantley wrote: Just catching up with Anonxysus' serial. I'd read chapters 1-35 back in 2014, but then there was nothing more for four years. By 2018, I was distracted by problems with a dead computer and frozen website, and so I missed the updates that year and this year. But from a quick glance, it looks to be a classic.

--Brantley

Nobody had ever explored the Velorian concept of Kiraling as deeply as Anonxysus has done. It's something that's baked deeply into the psyche of Velorians, undoubtably another tweak by the Galen from when they tried to turn them into their personal "super au pair" to raise their children, not to mention becoming surrogates who first bear them. 

Saving the life of a superbeing isn't something many humans have done. 99.99999% of the time it goes the other way, with the superheroine dong the saving. But the reward for saving her is to become her Kiraling, which Anonxysus has worked to portray in all its glory (and its problems). 

The fact that Anonxysus chose a damaged and wounded warrior with extreme PTSD to be his main character is brilliant -- and sometimes frustrating. Many of us would behave less honorably when offered a Kiraling relationship. 

Shadar
Last edit: 26 Dec 2019 17:35 by shadar.

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
26 Dec 2019 19:11 #66073 by brantley
Replied by brantley on topic Kiraling
An example of the kind of world-building in AU fiction at its best. DC and Marvel never get into the kind of alien history and culture that we do. in our epics. For that matter, what little they do isn't even consistent from year to year, or season to season. With sf franchises like Star Trek and Star Wars, it can be just the opposite, with rehashes instead of evolution..--Brantley

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: shadar

• brantley
  • brantley's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
26 Dec 2019 19:24 #66074 by shadar

brantley wrote: An example of the kind of world-building in AU fiction at its best. DC and Marvel never get into the kind of alien history and culture that we do. in our epics. For that matter, what little they do isn't even consistent from year to year, or season to season. With sf franchises like Star Trek and Star Wars, it can be just the opposite, with rehashes instead of evolution..--Brantley

Ah, yes, the glory of the recent Star Wars movies in a single paragraph. Nostalgia seems preferable to many Star Wars fans than telling any new stories.

The only Star Wars story that is interesting to me is the Mandalorian, a character that was never developed before. Its only concession to nostalgia is Baby Yoda, who my wife thinks is incredibly cute. 

I do enjoy seeing the Imperial remnants of the old Empire, corrupt and broken, trying futilely to reorganize, and then the fearful rise of the First Order, who will sweep away the last of the old Empire as they create a new one. There are interesting stories there. 

Toss in a superpowered female who attempts to crush the First Order before it spreads would make it my kind of story. But alas, we would have to write that one ourselves. 

Shadar

• shadar
More
26 Dec 2019 20:13 #66075 by Klaus
Replied by Klaus on topic Kiraling
My first instinct was to have Jasmine somehow save Hilda and be her Kiraling, but it felt too forced, so I went with a simpler approach to their relationship.

More
12 Feb 2020 06:35 #66771 by colder
Replied by colder on topic Kiraling
Is Kiraling missing missing a part of the story currently?
From what I can see in the library, it currently goes from Part 12 (Chapters 45-60) to Part 14 (Chapters 70-81).  Is there supposed to be a Part 13 (Chapters 61-69)?  Or did the author just have an "oops" and use the wrong number set on the latest update?

(I'm hoping that there is actually a missing part that just got misplaced, that way I don't have to wait as long until the next one is posted!)

Anonxyzus, thank you for writing this story.  I love the way you write the characters and their interactions.  (And it's nice to see it set in the area I grew up in.)

More
12 Feb 2020 16:37 #66779 by anonxyzus
Replied by anonxyzus on topic Kiraling
Part 13 is there. When I search on:

kiraling – part

I can find it.  Also, I can get to it directly from this URL:

www.superwomenmania.com/index.php?option...ter-61-69&Itemid=228
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, colder

More
12 Feb 2020 17:19 #66780 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Kiraling

colder wrote: Is Kiraling missing missing a part of the story currently?
From what I can see in the library, it currently goes from Part 12 (Chapters 45-60) to Part 14 (Chapters 70-81).  Is there supposed to be a Part 13 (Chapters 61-69)?  Or did the author just have an "oops" and use the wrong number set on the latest update?

(I'm hoping that there is actually a missing part that just got misplaced, that way I don't have to wait as long until the next one is posted!)

Anonxyzus, thank you for writing this story.  I love the way you write the characters and their interactions.  (And it's nice to see it set in the area I grew up in.)

Sorry, I forgot to add the secondary category to the story and this messed up things a bit. It has been sorted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: smoki07, colder

More
12 Feb 2020 23:42 #66788 by shadar
I just finished the latest episode of Kiraling. It kind of started slow, but as I went on, I got more and more into it. 

What was fun is to see these Velorians, including a mighty Protector, acting like kids when they have new experiences. Which seems to have a parallel with the Velorian over-the-top enthusiasm for sex without ever getting jaded, tired, arrogant or narcissistic. Sophisticated they are not. They continue to have this enthusiasm for new experiences that is both simple and fun and infectious. 

We humans, especially exceptional humans, tend to lose that childlike enthusiasm for things as we get more experienced. If we are highly accomplished and successful, we tend to think we are sophisticated and can't just be silly.

But I'd written decades ago that Vels never did that, but I've largely forgotten that in my own writing. Vels have a childlike sense of wonder and a Middle School sense of humor that they never outgrow, even when they are fighting off Arion armadas and death dealing Primes and whatever else. Serious stuff. 

They can turn around and laugh and be silly the next moment. They don't get PTSD and they don't get depressed.  

My three Labrador Retrievers have the same trait, which I consider admirable. Even when they are highly trained hunting dogs, and very accomplished, they are still silly and goofy and lack all sense of decorum when they want to have fun. In my world, being compared favorably to a Lab is high praise. 

Velorians also enjoy sex like a teenager, even when they are with someone who isn't very good at it and is genetically miles beneath them. The only thing that matters is enthusiasm and laughter.

Kiraling captures this joy better than anything else I've read. Which is why every episode eventually grabs me, even if it's sometimes a slow start.  

Shadar
The following user(s) said Thank You: slim36, guimachajo1

• shadar
More
16 Feb 2020 14:08 #66816 by smoki07
Replied by smoki07 on topic Kiraling
I think this story deserve a poster in Multi-stories section at least.. Any candidate who can make one?
The following user(s) said Thank You: brantley

More
01 Mar 2020 23:10 #67007 by anonxyzus
Part 15 of Kiraling has been posted.

I'd like to thank Shadar. All through the story, he's let me bounce ideas off him and given me advice.

I've started Part 16. I hope to post it before the end of March.

More
02 Mar 2020 06:23 #67013 by Idylls
Replied by Idylls on topic Kiraling
I shouldn't like this story, for a variety of reasons. But I do. Men treated as men always gets my respect. Looking forward to seeing the next chapter. 

A Supergirl demonstration against the military's finest, never gets old.

• Idylls
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
01 Oct 2020 20:26 #69424 by Soeghy
Replied by Soeghy on topic Kiraling
I’ve really enjoyed this story. Are there plans to continue?

More
03 Oct 2020 01:25 #69430 by anonxyzus
I do plan to continue. But I don't have a time line.

More
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds