Amount

Karen Gillan is Ruby Roundhouse in "Jumanji" movies

06 Jan 2020 02:36 - 06 Jan 2020 02:55 #66255 by Helstar
I'm not sure if this was already posted in the past, personally I never really cared about these movies but I randomly stumbled into this specific video .... and I must admit she is gorgeous ! The action scenes with her are really nice too.
The video is taken from the 2017 movie (DO NOT watch it entirely if you plan to see the movie, because it consists of all her "best" scenes - and gives away the whole movie plot, pretty much), quite sure there is something similar for the 2019 one but I haven't checked (and it's probably too soon to post it anyway =)

Last edit: 06 Jan 2020 02:55 by Helstar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slim36, aguilauno, Markiehoe, Agent00Soul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Helstar
  • Helstar's Avatar Topic Author
More
06 Jan 2020 12:45 #66260 by Sarge395
Looks like it was already taken down.  Should have watched and downloaded it right away.

• Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
06 Jan 2020 13:51 #66261 by algae2k
Weird... it works for me...

More
06 Jan 2020 14:05 #66262 by Bert
Gillan is gorgeous, sexy, awkward (on purpose) and has some impressive fight sequences as Ruby Roundhouse in Jumanji. The second movie, The Next Level, isn't nearly as good. She has a big fight scene near the end, but it has no impact. In the first film she "dance fought" two big guys and it was fun and exciting. The second movie puts her against about a dozen guys and there is zero excitement because she just destroys them all with ease.

The first movie was carefully made, and while being sucked into a video game isn't exactly the height of realism, the film didn't stray too far into the unbelievable with the action. The sequel seems like a bit of a money grab. Typical Hollywood move where they just rehashed the first film, but with everything turned up to eleven. The charm was lost, and the spectacle got boring fast.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Helstar

More
06 Jan 2020 14:05 #66263 by Klaus
A transparent tomb raider reference, but much appreciated for those who grew up with the character.

More
06 Jan 2020 14:11 #66264 by Helstar

Sarge395 wrote: Looks like it was already taken down.  Should have watched and downloaded it right away.

It's still there. Probably blocked for certain IPs. Use TOR browser. Helps a lot ;)

• Helstar
  • Helstar's Avatar Topic Author
More
06 Jan 2020 17:26 - 06 Jan 2020 17:27 #66268 by The Highlander
Replied by The Highlander on topic Karen Gillan is Ruby Roundhouse in "Jumanji" movies
I finally managed to see the second one at the weekendand I enjoyed it. Yes Karen doesn't get as much fighting in this one but it was
still a fun film, and there is an enjoyable bit in the middle where she leaps
from one hand hold to the next in a very tomb raider style. Plus at one point
she jumps about 10 feet into the air from a crouch which is rather superhuman.

And she's still in her skimpy outfit.
Last edit: 06 Jan 2020 17:27 by The Highlander.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395

More
06 Jan 2020 22:34 #66275 by Agent00Soul
Replied by Agent00Soul on topic Karen Gillan is Ruby Roundhouse in "Jumanji" movies
Definitely a fun movie and a great tip of the hat to Lara Croft!

More
08 Jan 2020 16:46 #66304 by kikass2014
Gillian was great in the first Jumanji :)  And a really good film imo :)  Loved it.

Haven't seen the second one yet, though planning to :)

And for sure, I take her character as a play on Lara Croft :)

Peace.

/K

More
08 Jan 2020 21:44 #66311 by Markiehoe
I thought Karen was awesome in that movie.
She played the shy girl in the revealing costume very well.
And of course when she let loose it was exciting and funny as hell.

Kudos also to Karen for just ignoring the 1/2 of 1 percent of vocal critics who complained about her costume.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raa

More
08 Jan 2020 21:57 #66312 by Agent00Soul
Replied by Agent00Soul on topic Karen Gillan is Ruby Roundhouse in "Jumanji" movies

Markiehoe wrote: Kudos also to Karen for just ignoring the 1/2 of 1 percent of vocal critics who complained about her costume.

I agree that it really was a tiny percent.  For one thing, it's not actually all that revealing - just silly that a jungle adventurer would wear something like that, which the character correctly complains about.  Second - the whole movie is an obvious parody and she is the parody of Lara.  

The vast majority of people - 99.5% - would indeed understand that when they watch.  It's pretty open about it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markiehoe

More
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds