Amount

A Supergirl - Origin an announcement

29 Nov 2020 13:38 - 29 Nov 2020 13:41 #69901 by Bert
Hey folks. As some of you know, I began submitting my story to the library last month. Two chapters have been posted. The story concerns a new heroine embarking on her career and touches on the challenges, pitfalls and triumphs she experiences. My primary interest in writing the story was exploring the mindset of a beautiful young woman with special abilities as she encounters the challenges of facing hardened criminals. Things don't always go as planned and the story does not shy away from describing perilous moments. And there's the rub. The tone of some scenes appears not to be in keeping with this site. 

The remaining chapters in this story won't be posted. I'm a little disappointed, partly because there has been quite a bit of interest and partly because I put some time into reworking a lot of the chapters, but Superwomenmania isn't quite the right fit for my work. I know everyone will continue to enjoy the vast repository of stories here, and the new work that shows up regularly. To those who enjoyed the small amount of my stuff that did get posted, I'm glad you liked it. If anyone wants to see more, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Peace

Bert
Last edit: 29 Nov 2020 13:41 by Bert.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slim36

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2020 20:04 #69904 by The Highlander
Replied by The Highlander on topic A Supergirl - Origin an announcement
Sorry to hear that, I was quite interested in your storyand would certainly like to read more. Are you planning to post it anywhere else such as DeviantART?

More
29 Nov 2020 21:32 #69905 by Bert
Replied by Bert on topic A Supergirl - Origin an announcement
I don't think so, but I can send you the next couple chapters via email to see if you like where it's going.

More
30 Nov 2020 01:53 - 30 Nov 2020 01:54 #69907 by Gargamel
Replied by Gargamel on topic A Supergirl - Origin an announcement
I liked the first installment as well. If you don't mind, can you explain what it is in your story that you think doesn't fit the readership here? From what I gather swm-community is pretty diverse 
Last edit: 30 Nov 2020 01:54 by Gargamel.

More
30 Nov 2020 04:00 #69910 by Bert
Replied by Bert on topic A Supergirl - Origin an announcement
It's not what I think, it's what the site admins think. My story describes the difficulties the heroine encounters in a way the admins feel isn't in keeping with the feel of the site. When a rewrite still failed to win their approval I chose to offer the remainder of the story individually to those who expressed interest. The first two chapters combined have drawn over 3,500 views, so it seems like there is interest, but the next two chapters involve some challenges for the Superheroine and that might change how readers view the story. Anyone who asks will receive chapters 3 &4 directly from me and they can decide for themselves if they want to read more. I hope that answers you question.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Slim0926

More
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds