Amount

New 'digitally enhanced' version of Darna Ang Pagbabalik (1994)

28 Mar 2021 18:12 #70851 by AdamAntium

A new version of the 1994 movie, 'Darna Ang Pagbalik' has been circulating the web! It was made in August last year for the Pinoy Box Office's Digitally Enchanced Film Festival .

Hopefully you can see the good and the bad in the two screen captures I've enclosed. One is from the enhanced version, the other from the DVD which I bought a long time ago. The colour and resolution is much better and the subtitles are clearer (and seem much more accurately translated too!)

Unfortunately there's bad news as well: as you can see, the original 4:3 framing has been altered to 16:9, cutting out a lot of the original frame. Worst of all, the entire film has been compressed into a 965MB video file. This means any action or fast moving scenes look horrible, blocky and almost unwatchable. However, if you're a Darna fan like me there are lots of moments which might make the download worth it. It's on several Pinoy movie sites and also here onĀ  Rarelust .

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, AlbertC, SCOTT R, aguilauno, Markiehoe, Monty, RD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• AdamAntium
  • AdamAntium's Avatar Topic Author
More
28 Mar 2021 21:29 #70853 by AlbertC
These Darna episodes are very nice to watch, specially if you don't live in Phillipines and met the character by the web, thanks for sharing
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brad2

More
29 Mar 2021 23:21 #70860 by oliu99
There also seems to be a reboot of the old TV series in the works:

news.abs-cbn.com/entertainment/12/22/20/...mpse-of-darna-series
The following user(s) said Thank You: aguilauno, AdamAntium

More
Time to create page: 0.043 seconds