Amount

Site Update has NOT been completed

27 Feb 2022 17:49 #73377 by fats
hi all,

I've chosen to abort the update today, after 6 hours I've come across a number of issues that I can't at this time overcome, I'm running the site on my home server in the same configuration that I would be running the site had the update been successful, the issues are relating to php 8 which is required for the some of the software to function with, the issue is that there are legacy code within the site that breaks it, and it brakes it badly, so I'm going to spend the week looking at how I can purge the code or build the site from scratch without the old code, I'll let you all know on Friday what has happened and if I will be attempting to update again.

Nothing from the site has been lost and no stories have been lost.

Sorry about all this.

Fats
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, Sarge395, ahp19, shadar, Raa, slim36, mastadon, algae2k, Dru1076, Kamelmann, Ravens_ghost, Agent00Soul, Lucent, Monty, kikass2014, static2097, RD, Jim T-Shirt, BrokenIron, Glaazius and 1 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fats
  • fats's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
27 Feb 2022 21:05 #73378 by Monty
Replied by Monty on topic Site Update has NOT been completed
Thank you for all your hard work and efforts Fats.
I am sure we all agree your work on the site is very much appreciated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: shadar, fats, RD

More
28 Feb 2022 01:54 #73380 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Site Update has NOT been completed
I would add my thanks for the work Fats is doing. SWM is a pretty special little corner of the universe, and it certainly feels like home for the imaginative side of my being. 

Having a customized site like this is special, but being custom, it involves more work than running an interest page on Wordpress or Reddit or whatever. I'm really glad you are here, Fats, and contributing as you do. 

Thanks also to the Mods and to Woodclaw for his Librarian duties. You all make this the comfortable, warm place that it is. 

Shadar
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, algae2k, fats

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
28 Feb 2022 07:25 #73381 by Caylane
Replied by Caylane on topic Site Update has NOT been completed
Thank you so much for everything you do fats! <3
The following user(s) said Thank You: fats

More
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds