Amount

Turning the Tables...

10 Nov 2006 14:35 #7321 by Berkhart
Turning the Tables... was created by Berkhart
One of the scenarios that I've really been thinking of lately is a normal, unpowered villainess going up against her arch uber girl rival. After years of being beaten and humiliated, somehow during their current confrontation, the bad girl gains all of her opponent's powers.

I love imagining what the newly created villainess and suddenly depowered heroine's reactions would be to their changed statuses. Just the thought of the super bad girl getting some payback on her enemy, not too mention the world, gives me goose bumps!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Berkhart
  • Berkhart's Avatar Topic Author
More
05 Feb 2007 01:43 #8135 by angels
Replied by angels on topic Re: Turning the Tables...
Berkhart, I'm suprised I never saw this post before. I had a sketched out synopsis of similar idea, only with a different setting.
If memory serves correct, it was set on a world where there were only a few superheros. Mostly a Justice League and a few supervillians, and UltraWoman, or "Kathy", was the "superman" of that world - the leader of the JLA, most powerful hero on earth, etc but instead of being a mild mannered reporter by profession, Kathy was also the world's most present supermodel. I guess I always loved the joke of no one able to tell Clark was superman because of a simple pair of glasses, and I figured I could get away with it here - UltraWoman has her hair pulled back and Kathy leaves it down - easy enough. Anyway, she gets the highest advertisement contracts and magazine layouts, dates the most attractive and high profiling men, and saves the world from aliens, villains, monsters and whatnot as well.

The part that relates is "Shonna" - another model who is insanely jealous of Kathy's success and blames her shortcomings and lack of modeling opportunities on Kathy. At some point, Shonna somehow gains Kathy's superpowers, also revealing her as UltraWoman. This is why I think it always remained unfinished because I could never decide whether Shonna would:

(a) decide to take everything that every was Kathy's: use her superpowers (and probably augmented looks) to become even more rich and famous, steal Kathy's boytoys, and take her place as the leader of the Justice League, while making sure Kathy has a front-row view of watching her life be taken apart. Kind of the ending of Marknew's "The Super One".

(b) go on a rampage and dismantle the Justice League, destroy all of Kathy's houses, success, relationships, etc and then finally set her sights on killing Kathy and the rest of the story is perhaps Kathy on the run and/or trying to get her powers back.

More
05 Feb 2007 09:37 #8140 by compy
Replied by compy on topic continuation
Hi,

In my opinion, the first solution, Shonna taking everything from Kathy, may be the most interesting continuation for this kind of story.
The rampage thing may be fun to write, but stealing Kathy's life should give more opportunities of submissive scenes, and make Kathy even more angry or jealous.
This may lead Kathy to many tries to get back her powers, etc...

This story looks interesting, and you say you've written synopsis, do you plan to finish it someday ?
I'm looking forward to read it ! (turning the tables as always been my favorite fantasy)

More
05 Feb 2007 14:38 #8142 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Turning the Tables...
An excellent idea and one I would love to see in prose, Angels. Turning the tables is always a very cool focus in the genre for me, perhaps the reason I like Marknew's stories so much -- he seems to base most of his stories around that theme but each time with a different "twist" or plot device.

Angels, I tend to agree with Compy's suggestion as the cool part of the "turning the tables" gaffe is the ruining or dismantling of the other person's life as a result of the event. Definitely lends itself to the more creative and (for me) entertaining writing rather than the uber carnage scenario (though their is a time and place for that as well!)

ElF

Berkhart, I'm suprised I never saw this post before. I had a sketched out synopsis of similar idea, only with a different setting.
If memory serves correct, it was set on a world where there were only a few superheros. Mostly a Justice League and a few supervillians, and UltraWoman, or "Kathy", was the "superman" of that world - the leader of the JLA, most powerful hero on earth, etc but instead of being a mild mannered reporter by profession, Kathy was also the world's most present supermodel. I guess I always loved the joke of no one able to tell Clark was superman because of a simple pair of glasses, and I figured I could get away with it here - UltraWoman has her hair pulled back and Kathy leaves it down - easy enough. Anyway, she gets the highest advertisement contracts and magazine layouts, dates the most attractive and high profiling men, and saves the world from aliens, villains, monsters and whatnot as well.

The part that relates is "Shonna" - another model who is insanely jealous of Kathy's success and blames her shortcomings and lack of modeling opportunities on Kathy. At some point, Shonna somehow gains Kathy's superpowers, also revealing her as UltraWoman. This is why I think it always remained unfinished because I could never decide whether Shonna would:

(a) decide to take everything that every was Kathy's: use her superpowers (and probably augmented looks) to become even more rich and famous, steal Kathy's boytoys, and take her place as the leader of the Justice League, while making sure Kathy has a front-row view of watching her life be taken apart. Kind of the ending of Marknew's "The Super One".

(b) go on a rampage and dismantle the Justice League, destroy all of Kathy's houses, success, relationships, etc and then finally set her sights on killing Kathy and the rest of the story is perhaps Kathy on the run and/or trying to get her powers back.

More
06 Feb 2007 01:09 #8181 by Grayface
Replied by Grayface on topic Re: Turning the Tables...
Whats wrong with a good rampage? I like rampages! I. LIKE. RAMPAGES!

More
21 May 2007 20:34 #9356 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Turning the Tables...
BUMP!

Just thought I'd mention that our collab story will kinda touch on this "turning the tables" concept in an effort to push as many buttons as gracefully as we can and still (hopefully) produce a kickass story.

Well, that's the plan at least, but our newly empowered fem will DEF be turning the tables on more than a few people!

Stay tuned!
ElF

One of the scenarios that I've really been thinking of lately is a normal, unpowered villainess going up against her arch uber girl rival. After years of being beaten and humiliated, somehow during their current confrontation, the bad girl gains all of her opponent's powers.

I love imagining what the newly created villainess and suddenly depowered heroine's reactions would be to their changed statuses. Just the thought of the super bad girl getting some payback on her enemy, not too mention the world, gives me goose bumps!

More
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds