Amount

Wonder Woman Rumor of the Day

09 Aug 2007 21:14 #10020 by lfan
Wonder Woman Rumor of the Day was created by lfan
Well, not a rumor so much as someone wanting the role. Personally, I think she's a good match:

www.wizarduniverse.com/movies/wonderwoman/005417307.cfm

ElF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
09 Aug 2007 22:41 #10023 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Re: Wonder Woman Rumor of the Day
I saw a note the other day where a Warner exec said that WW was still in 'development' (which I guess means scripting) and it was still on the agenda, but no dates for releasing funds and starting production had been defined.

Given what we heard earlier, its gated on getting a script that the execs like. Obviously, Whedon didn't make the cut (doesn't mean it was a bad script, just not the one they wanted) and new guys are hard at work on it.

My theory is that if Bionic Woman and Smallville make it this fall (establish commercial viability for superheroine roles), then the execs will be more willing to invest. For them, its simple: only fund projects that are likely to make them money.

Fortunately, cultural evolution is in our favor right now. The Why Not generation is ripe for this kind of role, but only if the script is written to appeal to them. But that's not a very wide window of opportunity. Those kids are in their late teens/very early twenties. Give it a few years and the next group of kids might be into something different.

Shadar

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
10 Aug 2007 02:20 #10024 by CaptainIrishman
Replied by CaptainIrishman on topic Re: Wonder Woman Rumor of the Day
hmmmm
not sure that that is a good match

now if they got ye oulde bottle of black hair dye out for the actress who played jessica/niki.....now then I'd give it a 60/40 chance

otherwise

I really can't see a 'Heroes' Lass getting it

then again

I also told all my mates that Bruce Willis was making a mistake leaving Moonlighting and trying to be an action hero with his new movie 'Die Hard' ....how wrong was I?

More
10 Aug 2007 13:32 #10029 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Wonder Woman Rumor of the Day
Well, if they wanted someone a little more buff (outside of FBB and Jessica Biel), I think Missy would be a good candidate. Cannot really tell from the pic but she is (or at least WAS) pretty statuesque and tight. If you ever saw "Stick It" (no jokes, please), she played a gymnast and was fairly buff in it. I LOVE Ali Larter and think she'd be a great candidate as well, though a little more waifish than an Amazon. But if Biel could bulk up like she did for Blade 3, I guess Ali could.....

ElF

hmmmm
not sure that that is a good match

now if they got ye oulde bottle of black hair dye out for the actress who played jessica/niki.....now then I'd give it a 60/40 chance

otherwise

I really can't see a 'Heroes' Lass getting it

then again

I also told all my mates that Bruce Willis was making a mistake leaving Moonlighting and trying to be an action hero with his new movie 'Die Hard' ....how wrong was I?

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
26 Oct 2007 19:53 #10669 by oliu99

More
30 Oct 2007 20:13 #10714 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Re: Wonder Woman Rumor of the Day
There is so much strange BS news flying around out this that I wouldn't be surprised if the thing is either 100% dead or there will be some huge announcement that they have a script and actress committed to the project...

More
14 Nov 2007 16:55 #10871 by lfan
Well.....IESB.net (or something like that) is reporting the casting is locked and will be announced soon! Rumors also swirling that Megan Gale will play the Amazonia Princess who will have a smack down with Superman during the film at some juncture.

Keep in mind that IESB is the same outfit that announced that Tom Weiling was gonna be SM in the movie, which has been debunked since....

Hopefully, an announcement this week. As for Megan Gale as WW, they could do a lot worse! :)

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
30 Nov 2007 15:41 #11021 by lfan
ok...finally a source that seems fairly credible (and has been in the past). Aint it Cool News (AICN) is reporting that Aussie hottie Megan Gale has landed the rolw of the Amazonian Princess:

www.aintitcool.com/node/34935

(Link has pics too, don't fret!)
ElF

Well.....IESB.net (or something like that) is reporting the casting is locked and will be announced soon! Rumors also swirling that Megan Gale will play the Amazonia Princess who will have a smack down with Superman during the film at some juncture.

Keep in mind that IESB is the same outfit that announced that Tom Weiling was gonna be SM in the movie, which has been debunked since....

Hopefully, an announcement this week. As for Megan Gale as WW, they could do a lot worse! :)

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
30 Nov 2007 18:05 #11025 by shadar
I seems as if they've finally cast WW... Megan Gale from Australia. She looks like she has the right heroic specifications for a Greek goddess.

I found a few more picts...

First one is NSFW... the rest are fine for the office:
velorian.org/NSFWGale.jpg

velorian.org/twonk.jpg
velorian.org/gale41024x768.jpg
velorian.org/gale51024x768.jpg
velorian.org/gale151024x768.jpg
velorian.org/gale111024x768.jpg
velorian.org/costume1.jpg
velorian.org/GaleWW3.jpg
velorian.org/NSFWGale.jpg

• shadar
More
30 Nov 2007 18:29 #11026 by dauntingmold
Replied by dauntingmold on topic Re: Wonder Woman Rumor of the Day
I like the fact they've cast someone tall, but for personal preference I hope she bulks up for the role, I just don't see Wonder Woman as being that skinny. I must admit i'm in two minds about this movie, Wonder Woman is probably my favorite comic book character (closely followed by Supergirl of course) so I would love to see a film featuring her, but some of the rumours circulating about how she will be portrayed in this film do not sound good. I just hope thats all they are, rumours.

More
01 Dec 2007 02:04 #11028 by shadar
I know they rejected Josh Whedon's script, but he had portrayed her as a teenage girl. (By his own admission, he can't make any movie or show without a teenage girl with superpowers).

So presumably the studio wanted WW to be older than Josh.

I haven't seen any other G2 regarding her character... what have you come across that discourages you?

Shadar

• shadar
More
01 Dec 2007 07:52 #11029 by dauntingmold
Replied by dauntingmold on topic Re: Wonder Woman Rumor of the Day
As far as I know the Wonder Woman movie is in limbo, I think this actress has been cast for the Justice league of America movie and thats the movie i'm a bit dubious about

P
o
s
s
i
b
l
e

S
p
o
i
l
e
r

Supposedley some of the script have been leaked and I've attached a link to the article.

movieblog.ugo.com/index.php/movieblog/mo...ue_of_america_movie/

This ties up with another rumour I read on a different blog (I know I surf the web to much I need to get a life) stating Wonder Woman would be portrayed as a villain in the movie. With her history with Maxwell Lord in the Infinity Crisis comics, I can see this as a possibility.

More
01 Dec 2007 08:16 #11030 by shadar
I think that would be a good play (WW as a villain). The Amazons have definite ideas about what they'd like to do with the ''World of Men' (given its such a mess).

It would be good-hearted meddling, but we humans don't much care for any kind of meddling in our lives.

On the other hand, the villain concept of the movie may go a lot deeper. That would be a problem if WW wasn't portrayed as trying to go good (even if misguilded).

Shadar

• shadar
More
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds