Amount

Japanese Supergirl?

01 Dec 2007 15:31 #11031 by jdrock24
Japanese Supergirl? was created by jdrock24
Here is a youtube preview of what looks like a Japanese Supergirl movie. I tried to go to the website but couldn't find a link to the movie. I wonder if they make an english version?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jdrock24
  • jdrock24's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
01 Dec 2007 15:39 #11032 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Re: Japanese Supergirl?
The bullet sequence was very good... best I've seen since Superman Returns.

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
01 Dec 2007 16:32 #11033 by ace191
Replied by ace191 on topic Re: Japanese Supergirl?
Weblog / 2007-11-13 21:26:27
Astro Girl!

The picture is from “Astro Girl.” Probably you have already read in Director Kikkawa’s blog about this new title, which has already drawn much attention. The film stars Gabriella-san and she appears in our company’s films for the first time since “V Ranger.” It’s great to see her again and I am sure you would enjoy seeing her nice work here. I heard the shooting was tougher than expected, but it is worth that and I’m sure the film is very entertaining! “Astro Girl” is on sale from December 21.

picture is at address below:
blogimg.goo.ne.jp/user_image/2d/ca/b8b78...057a1f09515085ba.jpg

Astro Girl!

Here is a picture from “Astro Girl Vol. 2” that will be released on January 11 next year. This is a heavyweight battle between Gabriella-san and Mr. Konya-wa-Yamada, which is SO powerful.

Don’t miss it!!

picture at:

blogimg.goo.ne.jp/user_image/10/26/48a6e...173749c768432645.jpg

In the first film, it looks like she has the classic Silver Age suit. In the second, it looks like the white tee shirt uniform

comment ( 0) | Trackback ( 0 )

More
01 Dec 2007 16:34 #11034 by ace191
That didn't work. Let's try the page

blog.goo.ne.jp/zen-ceo

More
01 Dec 2007 17:21 #11035 by cnnjack
Replied by cnnjack on topic Re: Japanese Supergirl?
I like the strength feats in that Astro Girl clip, however, from the other clips of that user I got the impression that zen pictures seems to focus mostly on "superheroines in peril" (which I can't stand), so what you will probably see is a few scenes of "superheroine-ness" and a whole lot more of peril ... (unfortunately, I'd love to see some kick-ass japanese superheroines) ... I have never seen any of their movies in full, though.

Here is a clip of "Steel Angel" that shows what I mean; the first ~20 seconds are really nice, but after that ...

Ahh, the world needs more japanese superchicks lifting people over their heads, that's for sure :wink:

Thanks to jdrock for finding the clip!

More
01 Dec 2007 18:39 #11036 by ace191
Let's hope they use the tried and true formula. Superheroine beats up the bad guys, Bad guys get the upper hand, Superheroine escapes and wins in the end! Someone will need to round up a copy.

More
02 Dec 2007 04:37 #11039 by jdrock24
Replied by jdrock24 on topic Re: Japanese Supergirl?
I've never seen a complete movie of this company's. However, I have seen clips of various heroines beating up a bunch of bad guys.

The previews tend to follow the pattern of: heroine beats up a bunch of bad guys, they capture her, they torture her, and then...I don't know. You would hope the heroin escapes and beats them up in the end but I have no idea. The clips I've seen have all been in Japanese too so I don't even know what the characters are saying in regards to the plot.

• jdrock24
  • jdrock24's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
02 Dec 2007 14:06 #11040 by Captain Marbles
Replied by Captain Marbles on topic Re: Japanese Supergirl?
I want to see the live action "Project A-Ko" movie. That would be the perfect Japanese live action supergirl movie.

More
03 Dec 2007 05:32 #11043 by Antlion
Replied by Antlion on topic Re: Japanese Supergirl?
never understood the whole superheroine peril thing, just what is it ppl like about it so much? :roll:

More
04 Dec 2007 09:15 #11047 by mercblue22
Replied by mercblue22 on topic Re: Japanese Supergirl?
Who knows, me, I find superheroines in peril replusive and down-right disgusting. (everyone has their own fixes I guess) the ONLY time I don't mind peril is if the female busts out her bounds when the bad guys aren't looking to kick some serious arse! (or is manages to slip out of her bounds and grabs her back, slipping into their costumes to surprise the baddies when they enter the room and 'Black Python!' is waiting) Hehe, as you can see, I have given this plenty of though, down with evil peril in pain, unless the Superheroine frees herself from harm and is kicking the arse! :D

Fonzie

More
05 Dec 2007 00:24 #11051 by ace191
Maybe someone could get the movie and then do a little editing. Show the part where the Supergirl gets captured first, leave out the bondage stuff, and then for the end, show the opening where she kicks butt and beats up the bad guys! I have never done any movie editing and I doubt I have the software for it as all I have is photoshop 5.0 limited edition
circa 7/99.

More
06 Dec 2007 17:51 #11063 by brantley
Replied by brantley on topic Re: Japanese Supergirl?

never understood the whole superheroine peril thing, just what is it ppl like about it so much? :roll:

It's for guys who hate women, that's all.

More
07 Dec 2007 11:18 #11066 by JonX
Replied by JonX on topic Re: Japanese Supergirl?
Brantley,

I've posted something on my superheroine blog about this, because I agree with you:

The first parts are great, with the super strength, the flying, the lifting a guy above her head and of-course the bullet effects.

However it then seems to transcend into this peril-style video clip, much like the rest of the video clips made by that production company.

Of course I'm only going from the trailer - the film may be completely different, but I'm afraid that it won't be.

Its a shame because they have the resources it seems to make some really good stuff.

But the peril thing, I think, like Brantley made by guys who don't seem to like women - at least to some degree.

Looks a good production though - professional, etc.

Jon

More
07 Dec 2007 13:53 #11067 by brantley

I like the strength feats in that Astro Girl clip, however, from the other clips of that user I got the impression that zen pictures seems to focus mostly on "superheroines in peril" (which I can't stand).
Here is a clip of "Steel Angel" that shows what I mean; the first ~20 seconds are really nice, but after that ...

Here's what I posted at YouTube in response:

<<This is SICK. There's something truly obscene about a video in which such a beautiful woman is tortured instead of being made love to.>>

More
07 Dec 2007 18:50 #11068 by Spulo
Replied by Spulo on topic Re: Japanese Supergirl?
That's why I suggested we have a tinker with the wikipedia entry for 'superhero erotica':

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superhero_erotica

More
07 Dec 2007 19:25 #11069 by brantley
Go to it!

More
08 Dec 2007 03:07 #11075 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Japanese Supergirl?
...or we could simply just ignore it. It's not going away anytime soon....

ElF

Go to it!

• lfan
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
08 Dec 2007 07:49 #11078 by unseen_unheard
Replied by unseen_unheard on topic Re: Japanese Supergirl?
I should probably just continue lurking, but I've never been that bright :). Personally, I don't think blasting YouTube videos of the polar opposite interest is going to do anything constructive. It's not like the makers of these videos are going to start making ubergirl type videos. The only thing that might happen if enough people complain is get some portion of the "heroine in peril" videos removed. I'm sure there are people out there who could see a few of the videos in our YouTube thread and be offended, beacuse there's always someone offended by anything no matter how innocuous.

Exactly. lfan said it better in a dozen words than I said in 100.

More
08 Dec 2007 18:42 #11082 by brantley

ElF

Spulo wasn't talking about mounting some campaign against Peril videos -- that would be just as stupid as conservatives loudly denouncing (and thereby publicizing) "obscene" artworks, or liberals doing the same with racist websites.

Spulo was simply suggesting that the wikipedia entry on superheroine erotica should be edited in the interests of fairness. As it stands, the entry is superficial and misleading.

More
14 Dec 2007 16:09 #11109 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Re: Japanese Supergirl?
New Link for the movie showing the anime SG knock off costume.

I still think "super" rolls off the tounge better and the "S" will always look better and more powerfull ~ but what can you do. Even with the "A" and Astro, the character is clearly still a derivative and if DC wants to and they can find a way to do it in Asia they can create legal nighmares for the producers of this.

I will reserve judgement on the video until someone here who I respect reviews it. I don't have an issue with a hero being challenged as long as they come out on top. However, in this case they are clearly targeting all groups because the cuts on the perils seems to drag just a bit long. Then again, I thought it did in Superman #1 when they put the Green K necklace around superman, and then stuck him and kicked him around for what seemed like minutes in "returns."

More
15 Dec 2007 13:10 #11113 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Re: Japanese Supergirl?
Nice find Random. Thanks for adding the link.

• Sarge395
More
17 Dec 2007 05:15 #11116 by mercblue22
Replied by mercblue22 on topic @@
Totally agree,
This is a very, very interesting series! I like the superstrength scenes, the bullets bouncing off her chest, but mostly, she has a great alter-ego too! Thanks Random for this one, also, found part 1 if anyones interested. :P

Fonzie

More
17 Dec 2007 21:16 #11125 by mercblue22
Replied by mercblue22 on topic DOH!
Argh,
I didnt see page 1 here and someone already posting this. >< Please delete my previous post with the link to Astro Girl 1, its already been posted.

Sorry!

Fonzie

More
04 Jan 2008 16:51 #11343 by cnnjack
Replied by cnnjack on topic Re: Japanese Supergirl?
Hi all and Happy New Year!

Someone has posted two clips of the first Astrogirl vid on youtube.

They're both very good, esp. the fighting clip. She kicks and punches the bad guys around like rag dolls, lifts one overhead and another off the ground by his collar.

cnnjack says check them out!

Fight

Bulletproof

If you want to download them I suggest using www.keepvid.com.

Regards,
cnnjack

More
04 Jan 2008 17:48 #11344 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Re: Japanese Supergirl?
Wow ~ the fight stuff is great! I wish I had a rig for flying stuff like that! I started looking into it and it's much more dangerous and expensive than I expected. There are a couple takes where maybe they should have given it another shot to look 100% pro level but maybe they were rushed for time.

The bullet and muzzle flash stuff is a little disappointing ~ the FX guy didn't do a good job of "resting" the effects onto the plate. It just looks like they are floating and pasted in place. Oh well ~ still better than 85% of the stuff out there.

More
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds