Amount

Astro Girl: American Heroine

05 Jan 2008 10:40 #11360 by JonX
Astro Girl: American Heroine was created by JonX
Hello,

I know that a topic was opened at:
www.superwomenmania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1587
entitled "Japanese Supergirl?" but I wanted to open a new topic confirming the title of the film etc.

The name of the film is Astro Girl: American Heroine and it is now available for full download from the producers website.

In my opinion I think the movie is great and probably the best non-professional film since the Steele's Awakening.

For those that are interested I've written a full review of the website with links and everything on my blog at:
www.supersexyheroines.com/blog/archives/...-heroine-the-review/

I think a few people are having problems downloading the video, and again, their is a discussion on my blog about that if you need any help.

I personally think the film was great and they've also released a second episode of Astro Girl which I've also downloaded and watched.

Got to say that the second episode wasn't as great as the first, but still, really food stuff.

One final word about the peril stuff. This film has a surprisingly good amount of superheroine stuff. i.e. lifting, throwing, bending, bullets bouncing off chest, etc, etc.

From the trailer you'd think that the film was dominated by the heroine in peril - she isn't.

I hope this post and my blog post help. The following links may be of use to you:

Official Website where you can download

The SuperSexyHeroines.com Review of Astro Girl: American Heroine

Jon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JonX
  • JonX's Avatar Topic Author
More
05 Jan 2008 11:39 #11362 by cnnjack
Replied by cnnjack on topic Re: Astro Girl: American Heroine
Hi Jon!

Thanks for your review! If you don't mind I have a few more questions about the movies (as I'm thinking of getting the DVDs eventually) :)

In the first movie are there more strength scenes after the warehouse scene, i.e. lifting, throwing, overpowering people (besides the ones that you mentioned) or are the fights more along the lines of the other zen movies? Or, in other words, are the fights in the same style as the warehouse scene?

And could you just give me a idea of what kind of strength scenes are in the second movie?

Thanks!

cnnjack

More
05 Jan 2008 11:52 #11363 by cnnjack
Replied by cnnjack on topic Re: Astro Girl: American Heroine
Sorry, I forgot: In the second movie there seems to be a villainess - does she have any superstrength scenes?

More
05 Jan 2008 17:22 #11369 by kikass
Replied by kikass on topic Re: Astro Girl: American Heroine
I have downloaded the first film, and have to say it is really good. A lot different (and hoped) then what I though it would be like.

Can u pls tell me what the second one is like? Is it worth getting?

Kikass

More
05 Jan 2008 19:16 #11370 by djitters19
Replied by djitters19 on topic AstroGirl American Heroine
Based on JonX's valuable review I downloaded and watched the movie last night. I liked what I saw. I'd say the bullets bouncing off AstroGirl's chest scenes :D were worth the price alone, if I knew what the price was ( I don't know what the conversion rate is from yen to US greenbacks). In any case, in addition to AstroGirl 2 it appeared from some other titles listed, there might some other films featuring Superwomen. Does anyone have more information on that?

More
06 Jan 2008 12:02 #11379 by djitters19
Replied by djitters19 on topic AstroGirl
I downloaded and watched AstroGirl 2 last night. My advice: save your money folks! This was a disappointment after AG1. The heroine wins at the end but she's on the ropes throughout most of the rest of it(ie, she's getting pounded on). The fight scenes aren't as well done as AG1, long on yelling short on action. There's a little invulnerability and some flight shots. The costume she wears is an improvement over the one in AG1 but she's got the same dorky boots on.

More
06 Jan 2008 14:44 #11381 by paulsamiga
Replied by paulsamiga on topic Re: AstroGirl

I downloaded and watched AstroGirl 2 last night. My advice: save your money folks! This was a disappointment after AG1. The heroine wins at the end but she's on the ropes throughout most of the rest of it(ie, she's getting pounded on). The fight scenes aren't as well done as AG1, long on yelling short on action. There's a little invulnerability and some flight shots. The costume she wears is an improvement over the one in AG1 but she's got the same dorky boots on.

I too was disappointed at AG2 too. AG1 was grate but AG2 was more peril than action.

More
06 Jan 2008 23:30 #11390 by monkeybone
Replied by monkeybone on topic Re: Astro Girl: American Heroine
So has anyone figured out how much it costs to download yet?

More
06 Jan 2008 23:38 #11391 by steelknight3000
Replied by steelknight3000 on topic Re: Astro Girl: American Heroine
It's 4000 yen or $36. Beyond overpriced if you ask me.

More
13 Jan 2008 13:53 #11438 by nextglobalcrisis
Replied by nextglobalcrisis on topic Re: Astro Girl: American Heroine
I can't get the thing to play! Basically, I downloaded and installed the Tri Security System, then downloaded the thing, but none of my players will play it. Is there any order to how you should play it? What player do you use etc? It's a nightmare. I can understand that they don't want it pirated but for goodness sake!

• nextglobalcrisis
More
13 Jan 2008 19:42 #11441 by mo
Replied by mo on topic Re: Astro Girl: American Heroine
Hi Zebra!

Im having the same problem with not being able to play it...There are some links on the supersexyheroines.com blog to the makers of the film and Im going to email them in a bit.

Good Luck!

More
14 Jan 2008 18:11 #11452 by brantley
Replied by brantley on topic Re: Astro Girl: American Heroine
If you're e-mailing them about that, you might also ask how come all their other videos are about torture instead of superheroics.

More
14 Jan 2008 23:07 #11457 by brantley
Scotty has posted more scenes at YouTube, including those people here are most likely to want to see.

More
15 Jan 2008 14:26 #11461 by jdrock24
Replied by jdrock24 on topic Re: Astro Girl: American Heroine

Scotty has posted more scenes at YouTube, including those people here are most likely to want to see.

If anyone is interested. Here is Scotty's Youtube homepage:

www.youtube.com/profile?user=scotty2788

Thanks for the clips!

More
01 Feb 2008 15:17 #11586 by brantley
There's yet another sample of that Japanese movie Astro Girl I at YouTube:

JonX had already linked it supersexyheroines.com as a good example: "In this scene she is fighting a small gang of men and takes them all out before lifting one of them up in the air with her amazing super strength." What he didn't mention is that the clip also includes that sadistic scene of Astro Girl being shot with kryptonite arrows.

I suppose Zen Pictures must be trying to cater to both lovers and haters of superheoines. But its business practices are apparently no better than its cynical esthetic standards: there have been several complaints at JonX's blog from people who paid $38 to download the movie and got zilch -- or, in one case, a video that stopped working after a week. E-mail complaints to several Zen Pictures addresses have been ignored. Don't send a yen to Zen, even if you have a yen for star Delcea Mihaela Gabriela. She deserves a better studio and a better movie.

More
01 Feb 2008 22:30 #11588 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Astro Girl: American Heroine

There's yet another sample of that Japanese movie Astro Girl I at YouTube:

JonX had already linked it supersexyheroines.com as a good example: "In this scene she is fighting a small gang of men and takes them all out before lifting one of them up in the air with her amazing super strength." What he didn't mention is that the clip also includes that sadistic scene of Astro Girl being shot with kryptonite arrows.

Also not mentioned is that it isn't a clip, its a compilation of scenes. The arrow scene is separate from some of the other scenes. Unless I'm mistaken, that is the only peril-esque scene in the movie.

I suppose Zen Pictures must be trying to cater to both lovers and haters of superheoines. But its business practices are apparently no better than its cynical esthetic standards: there have been several complaints at JonX's blog from people who paid $38 to download the movie and got zilch -- or, in one case, a video that stopped working after a week. E-mail complaints to several Zen Pictures addresses have been ignored.

Ah, the perils of downloading videos, especially DRM. Have had many problems in the past with DRM downloads, ZEN is hardly the only ones! While I know genre people like the anonymity of downloading, nothing like a good old hardcopy DVD!

Don't send a yen to Zen, even if you have a yen for star Delcea Mihaela Gabriela. She deserves a better studio and a better movie.

With all due respect to Miss Gabriela, its not like there are a slew of studios doing this stuff. Overall, the movie was prety good!

ELF

More
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds