Amount

Resident Evil - Afterlife

18 Sep 2010 02:52 #20330 by arvin sloane
Resident Evil - Afterlife was created by arvin sloane
Haven´t checked this one yet, the previous films gave us great uber-girl action from MIlla Jovovich, and the trailers for this one show that the chick from Heroes gets some too.

Has anyone saw it yet? Is it any good?

I was afraid since I´ve read somewhere that Alice was "De-powered" right in the beggining (something that I REALLY REALLY hate) :evil: :(

"If you threaten our son again, I'll put my heel through your skull"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• arvin sloane
  • arvin sloane's Avatar Topic Author
More
18 Sep 2010 05:13 #20331 by demethon
Replied by demethon on topic Re: Resident Evil - Afterlife
HERE THERE BE SPOILERS...

Yes. Sadly, after a pretty awesome fight sequence with all the Alice clones, the "real" Alice gets injected with a serum that (supposedly) removes her uber-powers. I say "supposedly" because throughout the rest of the film, she still seems pretty indestructible to me. (She walks away unscathed from an aircraft that crashes into a mountain!)

Ali Larter's character (Claire) has a couple fight scenes with Alice. Sadly, hottie Kacey Barnfield is completely wasted in this movie. She dies like a punk shortly after she is introduced. I got a chuckle out of Wentworth Miller (of Prison Break fame) playing Claire's brother, because our heroes are basically trapped in a prison surrounded by zombies and trying to escape. Hey, breaking out of prisons is his specialty :)

Overall, I was disappointed with the story, but apparently these films make enough money to assure sequel after sequel.

More
20 Sep 2010 01:59 #20355 by arvin sloane
Replied by arvin sloane on topic Re: Resident Evil - Afterlife

Yes. Sadly, after a pretty awesome fight sequence with all the Alice clones, the "real" Alice gets injected with a serum that (supposedly) removes her uber-powers.

Bummer :evil:

Gonna watch it anyway, great jovovich fan here. heck, I sat trough Ultraviolet :shock:

• arvin sloane
More
20 Sep 2010 22:42 #20364 by Cycore
Replied by Cycore on topic Alice is still uber in my book!
Greetings,

PARTIAL SPOILERS...

My theory is that Wesker underestimated the effectiveness of his serum on Alice, as much as he overestimated his ability to control the powers himself. He even reveals that she has the most compatible DNA, which seems like a nod to the "Perfect Woman / Perfect Weapon" from Jovovich's 5th Element roots.

All throughout the movie, Alice was engaging her situations like she was still this unstoppable superhuman force, although she carefully relies on gunplay and avoiding enemy blows instead of being able to shrug them off. When she takes some damage, Alice is never worse for wear and always rebounds quite quickly. The fact she prevails in the final fight, shows she at least has reflexes beyond not only her companions, but even the enhanced bad guy.

It was never really revealed what the ***** does to the person they are attached to, but I suspect it could be the reason why Claire seemed to be almost Alice's equal at key scenes. And shortly into the credits when you see **** wearing one, I suspect one of their many functions is turn survivors into better warriors... again just a theory.

Even though the telekenetic powers are only seen at the start of the film, that long battle sequence was pretty spectacular. It made me think of what Ultraviolet could have looked like, had they let Wimmer keep his 'R' rated action cut of the film intact.

Alice / Jovovich truly is the center of the film, with all the other zombie elements falling into the backdrop, much more so than any other in the series. Further installments still have potential to show more ubergirl action based upon the direction and scope of the series thus far. I have enthusiastic hope that some of my theories are at least partially correct.

More
27 Sep 2010 16:51 #20408 by arvin sloane
Replied by arvin sloane on topic Re: Resident Evil - Afterlife
Well, just watched and I really liked the movie. much better than the third movie.

And yes, in theory wesker took away her power, however, she survives a huge plane crash without a scracht, jumps from buildings, go hand-to-hand with everything they trow at her... except from her psych abilities it´s all just as same as in resident evil 2 :lol: goodie.

And the last scene with (spoiler) Jill Valentine as the main baddie for the next flick is just an awsome epic win :D

• arvin sloane
More
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds