Amount:

Iron Man 3

26 Apr 2013 01:02 #31244 by Woodclaw
Iron Man 3 was created by Woodclaw
I just returned from watching this at the local multiplex and ... I know what you're thinking but, aside from being a great movie, it includes two scenes of major ubergirl asskicking.

I don't want to spoil anything, but gave it a look it's absolutly worth the ticket.

(formerly Anon, still Librarian)

"What is the point of having free will if one cannot occasionally spit in the eye of destiny?" ("Gentleman" John Marcone)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, aki_zz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Woodclaw
  • Woodclaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Librarian
  • Librarian
More
26 Apr 2013 03:11 #31247 by lojack
Replied by lojack on topic Iron Man 3
Takes getting used to International premiere/releases coming before the domestic. :)

Aw well, I made an agreement to see it with some friends, but that means I have to wait until after May 16. :(

So good start to Marvel: Phase 2 then?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Apr 2013 03:47 #31248 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Iron Man 3
I guess I'm going to have to get on top of watching Iron Man 2! I can't believe I've taken this long. To the nearby Redbox!

Project Super Woman
SFX Laden Video Shorts and Digital Comics Featuring Super Heroines
www.projectsuperwoman.com
projectsuperwoman.tumblr.com/
www.youtube.com/user/Random321us

Home of Mindy Marvel, Domina, E-Girl, Bionica, Power Play, Amp, Superheroines & Super Villains.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Random321
  • Random321's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Uberposter
  • Uberposter
  • Project Super Woman
More
26 Apr 2013 06:54 #31254 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Iron Man 3

lojack wrote: Takes getting used to International premiere/releases coming before the domestic. :)

Aw well, I made an agreement to see it with some friends, but that means I have to wait until after May 16. :(

So good start to Marvel: Phase 2 then?


Seem so.

I was very worried by the change of director, but it turned out ok. It helped that Jon Favreau is still around as executive producer (and playing "Happy" Hogan).

(formerly Anon, still Librarian)

"What is the point of having free will if one cannot occasionally spit in the eye of destiny?" ("Gentleman" John Marcone)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Woodclaw
  • Woodclaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Librarian
  • Librarian
More
26 Apr 2013 12:47 #31255 by aki_zz
Replied by aki_zz on topic Iron Man 3
yeah it was unexpected...my jaw dropped lol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Apr 2013 03:09 #31266 by steelknight3000
Replied by steelknight3000 on topic Iron Man 3
So what is it? Is the who/what a major spoiler? Probably don't have time to catch it in the theater.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Apr 2013 12:42 #31268 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Iron Man 3

steelknight3000 wrote: So what is it? Is the who/what a major spoiler? Probably don't have time to catch it in the theater.


It's not so major, but I really want to keep the thread as spoiler free as possible. Let's just say that there are two ubergirls one very intentional, the other not so much and they both kicks major amounts of ass (especially the second).

(formerly Anon, still Librarian)

"What is the point of having free will if one cannot occasionally spit in the eye of destiny?" ("Gentleman" John Marcone)
The following user(s) said Thank You: aki_zz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Woodclaw
  • Woodclaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Librarian
  • Librarian
More
27 Apr 2013 15:14 #31270 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Iron Man 3
If the ubergirls are armored it honestly won't get me excited. Won't detract from the movie but just not something I would consider ubergirlish. Assisted power (armor-exoskeleton/suit) in other words is not my cup of tea. Bionics are ok but innate superpowers are the best.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Sarge395
  • Sarge395's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Uberposter of Distinction
  • Uberposter of Distinction
More
27 Apr 2013 16:21 #31271 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Iron Man 3

Sarge395 wrote: If the ubergirls are armored it honestly won't get me excited. Won't detract from the movie but just not something I would consider ubergirlish. Assisted power (armor-exoskeleton/suit) in other words is not my cup of tea. Bionics are ok but innate superpowers are the best.


No armor and they are nanite/bioengineered.

(formerly Anon, still Librarian)

"What is the point of having free will if one cannot occasionally spit in the eye of destiny?" ("Gentleman" John Marcone)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Woodclaw
  • Woodclaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Librarian
  • Librarian
More
03 May 2013 06:38 #31344 by Yalpsoc
Replied by Yalpsoc on topic Iron Man 3
really? i am going to see it.

enjoy zentai , enjoy life!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 May 2013 03:13 #31365 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Iron Man 3

Anon wrote:

steelknight3000 wrote: So what is it? Is the who/what a major spoiler? Probably don't have time to catch it in the theater.


It's not so major, but I really want to keep the thread as spoiler free as possible. Let's just say that there are two ubergirls one very intentional, the other not so much and they both kicks major amounts of ass (especially the second).


Not too bad. A rather pleasant surprise. Ironically, when the first 'ubergirl' was cast a while back, is was speculated what her role was gonna be and there was a rumor that she was cast as Janet Van Dyne (Wasp).....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 May 2013 22:44 #31375 by FrankW
Replied by FrankW on topic Iron Man 3
Appreciate everybody's careful attention to not ruining it by posting surprise spoilers in the thread. But for those of us who want to know, how about posting some in a new thread with "SPOILERS" clearly indicated in the subject line? I, for one, would love to know what displays of super strength these ladies show in the movie! :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 May 2013 23:13 #31376 by pansardum
Replied by pansardum on topic Iron Man 3

FrankW wrote: Appreciate everybody's careful attention to not ruining it by posting surprise spoilers in the thread. But for those of us who want to know, how about posting some in a new thread with "SPOILERS" clearly indicated in the subject line? I, for one, would love to know what displays of super strength these ladies show in the movie! :P


No need for a new thread, someone that has seen it can hopefully describe it withing the spoiler tags.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 May 2013 19:38 #31387 by Camille Jones
Replied by Camille Jones on topic Iron Man 3
Alright, so I went ahead and saw the movie, fantastic by the way and it wraps everything up nicely.

Now, for the supergirl moments that happened in the movie:

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

You'd think that superspeed would make me more punctual, huh?
The following user(s) said Thank You: freeLancer, steelknight3000, dauntingmold, Skye

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2013 13:39 #31437 by fats
Replied by fats on topic Iron Man 3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2013 15:19 #31444 by Skye
Replied by Skye on topic Iron Man 3
Well, thanks to Camille, the aspiring supergirl in me wants to see the movie and the scientist in training wants to find the writer and torture him to death. ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2013 15:29 #31445 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Iron Man 3

Skye wrote: Well, thanks to Camille, the aspiring supergirl in me wants to see the movie and the scientist in training wants to find the writer and torture him to death. ;)


Why torture?

(formerly Anon, still Librarian)

"What is the point of having free will if one cannot occasionally spit in the eye of destiny?" ("Gentleman" John Marcone)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Woodclaw
  • Woodclaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Librarian
  • Librarian
More
10 May 2013 18:34 #31449 by Skye
Replied by Skye on topic Iron Man 3

Anon wrote: Why torture?


Because the science in the spoilers is sooooooo wrong, even by comic standards. ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2013 18:56 #31452 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Iron Man 3

Skye wrote: Because the science in the spoilers is sooooooo wrong, even by comic standards. ;)


To be honest the explanations on screen were kind of sketchy.

(formerly Anon, still Librarian)

"What is the point of having free will if one cannot occasionally spit in the eye of destiny?" ("Gentleman" John Marcone)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Woodclaw
  • Woodclaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Librarian
  • Librarian
More
20 Aug 2013 23:11 #32726 by clipfreak
Replied by clipfreak on topic Iron Man 3
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I recently saw the movie and would like to add some info/views.

Both scenes are awesome, but very fast and over in a blink (i like the slower stuff better).

As for the ending...

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds