Amount

Ms Marvel Movie Script Floating Around...

08 May 2013 21:32 #31401 by lfan
Selfishly, I hope for the older Ms M and not her new Captain Marvel persona. That is, if it even sees the light of day...

spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2013/05/0...captain-marvel-film/
The following user(s) said Thank You: aki_zz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 May 2013 04:30 #31473 by lfan
Just because I thought it would be fun to post in a thread not titled "Dru's Return", I was wondering who people thought should play Carol Danvers if it ever went to film. I have in the past, actively lobbied for the awesome Aussie, Yvonne Strahovski (Chuck) as someone I thought would be perfect.

However, I recently was referred to the incredibly gorgeous Ellen Hollman who played Saxa on Spartacus. She has the body and look of a super heroine!

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

And as an extra bonus, check out is mind blowing quote I found from an interview she did for Ouch magazine:

Q. What are some roles that you would love to land in the future? Maybe we can put in a good word! LOL

I’ve always been a sucker for action films and the super hero genre. Ms. Marvel would be a dream gig. Now that I’ve had a massive taste of kicking ass it’s become an obsession to focus my career in that direction..until my body falls apart of coarse.

Holy shit balls!!

DC should also take note. If Laura Vandervoort isn't available for your SG movie, I'm sure Ms Hollman would fill out the 'S' admirably!

ElF
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 May 2013 06:55 #31478 by jimbob
Replied by jimbob on topic Ms Marvel Movie Script Floating Around...
Not surprised. She's the closest Marvel has to a Wonder Woman equivalent (All other known heroines are mostly known to be attached to a specific team)

In fact some people think the entire reason for the Captain Marvel change was to give her a costume more practical for filming in.

More
11 May 2013 07:24 #31482 by aki_zz
Replied by aki_zz on topic Ms Marvel Movie Script Floating Around...
i hope they do the ms. marvel, not capt.

More
11 May 2013 20:05 #31501 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Ms Marvel Movie Script Floating Around...
Hey

A couple of months ago i wrote A Ms. Marvel script myself. It was just for fun. I never showed it my agent as i don't think it has any chance to get made. not sure i bothered putting it into final draft or go much behond a first go-but if anyones curious to read it i would be happy to share.

The idea goes off the Ms. Marvel stuff-however tries to fit into like a marvel movie framework. I wanted to play around with an idea Joss Wedon does- In most action movies these days there Smart,mature logical women usually in charge of the main character. What if she suddenly started kicking ass?

I wanted to make a comedy with the serpent society of evil, modok and general superhero nonsense-and put very a straightwoman constantly going 'huh okay' at all of it. Thats was my aproach at least.

That said i would be curious what Disney does with it. I do think Ms. Marvel is a good character to get her own movie.

More
11 May 2013 20:25 #31502 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Ms Marvel Movie Script Floating Around...

aki_zz wrote: i hope they do the ms. marvel, not capt.

I doubt they whould do capt marvel if only to avoid confusion with DC. But you never know.

The irony is there is nothing stopping DC from Doing a Capt. Marvel movie(and not have to call it power of Shazam or any of that).

More
11 May 2013 20:50 - 11 May 2013 20:52 #31504 by lojack
Replied by lojack on topic Ms Marvel Movie Script Floating Around...
It is an interesting idea. When The Avengers came out, there was a bit of speculation that there had to be some more/different characters for a known second movie. I believe that Wasp and Ms. M came out near the top of that list of folk. She did make the animated team before cancellation... :(

Hard not to see why though- after all even the regular Marvel Universe is more male heavy. Heck look at the new game coming out- ~3-1 male female ratio. Now Ms. M is in that, and the developer has said that they are aware of the desire for a few more female characters, so will just have to hope that it does well enough over time so that that can happen.

Now the idea she gets her own movie is great, after all, Marvel is trying to make her their premiere female hero in the books, but I believe the earliest it would happen is 2016/7.

2013- Iron Man 3, Thor 2
2014- Captain America 2, Guardians of the Galaxy
2015- Avengers 2, AntMan?
2016- AntMan? Dr. Strange

Not sure based on the interviews if Ant Man was to be directly after Avengers 2, but Marvel Studios is on a 2 movies a year swing now. And while Dr. Strange is not officially announced, when the president of the studio who has picked all the movies drops heavy hints about the guy, hard not to see him in the Phase 3 lineup.
Last edit: 11 May 2013 20:52 by lojack. Reason: laziness resulting in poor spelling correction

More
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds