Amount

Embrace the Vampire 2013

25 Sep 2013 22:58 #33197 by AJF
Embrace the Vampire 2013 was created by AJF
Comes on Bluray/DVD on Oct. 15 with with a digital release sometime later. From the trailer it looks a lot more like Buffy the Vampire Slayer more that the original film it's based on that stared Alyssa Milano.

It was filmed in Vancouver, BC.

After seeing and liking Forever 16 so much, I'm going to check this out. Hell, from the looks of the trailer, it looks like it was filmed at the same school. that was used in Forever 16!

The female star is a former Ambercrombie and Fitch model.
The following user(s) said Thank You: castor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• AJF
  • AJF's Avatar Topic Author
More
26 Sep 2013 18:00 #33206 by earllechec
Replied by earllechec on topic Embrace the Vampire 2013
Trailer:

More
26 Sep 2013 18:03 #33207 by fats
Replied by fats on topic Embrace the Vampire 2013
the trailer video is not available.

fats

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
26 Sep 2013 22:12 #33208 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Embrace the Vampire 2013
This looks a lot like "the Moth Diaries"- which isn't a bad thing as the moth diaries was a good looking movie. the problem was at a point that movie kept trying to pull back to half hearted ambiguity-this one not so much.

I'll be curious to hear more about it.

More
27 Sep 2013 09:06 #33210 by j2001
Replied by j2001 on topic Embrace the Vampire 2013

fats wrote: the trailer video is not available.

fats

Here you go

The following user(s) said Thank You: fats

More
27 Sep 2013 15:14 #33211 by AJF
Replied by AJF on topic Embrace the Vampire 2013
Somebody posted on IMDB that this is already airing on Canada's TMN network.

• AJF
  • AJF's Avatar Topic Author
More
02 Oct 2013 02:39 #33261 by slim36
Replied by slim36 on topic Embrace the Vampire 2013
www.rottentomatoes.com/m/embrace_of_the_vampire/
Embrace of the Vampire Play Trailer
Embrace of the Vampire (2013)

tomatometer

All Critics
Top Critics

Average Rating: 3.6/10
Reviews Counted: 8
Fresh: 1 | Rotten: 7

No consensus yet.

audience

want to see
User Ratings: 10,432
My Rating
Movie Info

EMBRACE OF THE VAMPIRE (2013) stars Sharon Hinnendael as Charlotte, a timid and sheltered teen who has just left an all-girls Catholic school for a new life at a co-ed university. But an ancient evil has followed her here, tormenting her with disturbing nightmares and tempting her with forbidden desires. It is a hunger that can only be satiated by sensual pleasures of the flesh...and a thirst for blood. It's a battle for her soul... and one she's losing. But Charlotte is a fighter. The chaos and ... More

R, 1 hr. 31 min.

Drama, Horror, Cult Movies

Directed By: Anne Goursaud , Carl Bessai

More
19 Oct 2013 23:38 #33622 by clipfreak
Replied by clipfreak on topic Embrace the Vampire 2013
Don't know about this one, the original was nothing special (except for a topless pre charmed Alyssa Milano)

More
18 Dec 2013 06:03 - 18 Dec 2013 06:20 #34742 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Embrace the Vampire 2013
Saw it.

Embrace the vampire(original) It was made at the very tale end of the original explotation genre-that great boom of 60s movies 70s moves where women take there tops off a lot for men, it plays a lot on trips of male empowerment, of keeping women weak.As been brought up most vampires women are about men who can really have power over women-physically mentally whatever. A Female vampire can switch that and be intresting . it wasn't that movie. The most intresting thing about it is that it was a realitivly big budget one done in 1995 with alysa millano just a couple of years ago before shows like Buffy and Charmed(with....) really changed the how the genre is proceived.

what struck me about this as something to say about is---well its kind of the same movie. Its all about a woman dealing with an evil all powerful vampire and being extremly weak and frail about it. There isn't much here for people who like super strong woman, superpowerful women.

its a movie about a vampire stalking an innocent girl- and being extremly creepy about it. And putting her in a lot of degrading situations. And I'll give i has I'll give it this a sence to know what it is. This is a movie about college as a horror movie and in a lot of scenes it find some intresting scary stuff to do with that. It makes binge drinkig scary.

But pretty. The original is ugly, but this for obviousl a fairly low budget and in a college that looks very under populated they make a legtimatly gorgious looking movie. All cool colors and tones-the space and the shots are all extremly well put together and crack. it finds a creepy sterility to most of its length that is always intresting to look at. It maybe trash, but its a great looking peace of trash.

Which is kind of the werid elements of it- the trash. The originals where blood and boobs-they didn't know what a joke is. this a movie that comes after things like charmed, dawson creeks and the twilight movies-which may not be witty but know what wit is. This one tries-there are scenes which try for kind of the faux witty dialouge people talk to each other in modern movies. It feels at times like a show from the WB-except with blood and boobs. Which ocasionally at times feel the odd element out or there should be more gratitious lesbian scenes. It doesn't help that the movie kind of feels at times a little lifless, and takes awhile to get going. I am a beliver that the first act in a horror movie is usually the best part. this had a bad first act.

(and i would comment that without spoiling it, that the lesbian subplot feels kind of insulting considering the end)

Sharon Himdail is a very pretty actress, and shes not a bad one either. She sells the kind of horror movie shes in, unlike milano who looked as if she was slumming. A lot of the other actors around her aren't bad especially the vampire who runs the college. He seems like he could be in a more lively movie.

But this is creepy. which is kind of intentional. But by the end i was kind of....well this isn't for me.
Last edit: 18 Dec 2013 06:20 by castor.

More
11 Jan 2014 13:02 #35048 by j2001
Replied by j2001 on topic Embrace the Vampire 2013
Watched it as well.

The first half kept my hopes up, I thought we were going for a different kind of movie. The eerie setting, the polished surfaces and the awesomely rendered dream sequences made me think the director was trying to go for a Kubrick-Lynch effect (as in "I'd like to take Mulholland Drive and put it in Shining's mansion") and his efforts would have been at least laudable given what he had been asked to direct. The dream sequences are by far the best thing in the movie, at some point you'll start to question what is real and what's not.

Then the second half kicks in and it disrupts everything. The vampire plot is terrible and delivered in the worst way possible (random gypsy lady tells Charlotte she is bound to be a vampire hunter because family history and stuff) as is the ending. Instead of pursuing a harmonic character development everything changes suddenly and what looked like a promising movie becomes a very dull vampire flick.

There's a lot of fan service. As blu-ray.com's review pointed out, there are no average looking people in this movie. Everyone is either beautiful or a downright supermodel, and Sharon Hinnendael is the picture of north European beauty. The lesbian sex scene, as good as it is, is there just for the sake of it which is a pity.

All in all I'd say this is watchable for the glamorous, young actresses and for the dream sequences. If you're looking for a horror movie or for a good vampire movie, watch something else. If you're looking for some erotic scenes, you'll find a few here.

More
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds