Amount

ARTICLE: Potential Live-Action Supervillianesses

31 Jan 2014 18:57 #35355 by lfan
Cool little piece over at CBR about female supervillians that are ready to make their live-action debuts. Some nice choices in there:

www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=50622

ElF
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kamelmann, SCOTT R, pansardum

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
31 Jan 2014 19:11 #35356 by pansardum
Replied by pansardum on topic ARTICLE: Potential Live-Action Supervillianesses
I would love to see Titania in a movie, beating up everyone she comes in contact with :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: SCOTT R

More
31 Jan 2014 19:46 #35357 by lfan

pansardum wrote: I would love to see Titania in a movie, beating up everyone she comes in contact with :woohoo:

:) The article makes a nice reference of the fan appeal of Faora going toe-to-toe with Supes in MOS. I highly doubt we'll get a She-hulk or Hulk movie though for her to throw down in. Spiderman would be the next logical choice based on her comic history, but sadly he has too good of a rogue's gallery (I longingly hope to see Stunner though appear in Amazing Spiderman 8)

Netflix's Luke Cage/Powerman might be a viable choice though or Jessica Jones (who is also superstrong)....

I thought the two most viable -- and only realistic -- suggestions, based on the Marvel Movie-verse would be Enchantress and/or Moonstone.

ElF

ElF

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
31 Jan 2014 20:57 #35361 by castor

lfan wrote: Cool little piece over at CBR about female supervillians that are ready to make their live-action debuts. Some nice choices in there:

www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=50622

ElF

Weridly enough the villaness i would most like to see-Would Be the Hulk villian Mercy. I don't think in a million years we are going to get her-but the superpowerful godlike alien who doesn't really understand what reality is-- would be a fun villain to have around. Shes not really Evil-but like the hulk ends up doing terrible things anyway.

castor

More
31 Jan 2014 21:42 #35365 by Dru1076
I hope they do something with this information! How awesome would Avengers be with Moonstone?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, SCOTT R

More
01 Feb 2014 07:49 #35371 by Artnico

pansardum wrote: I would love to see Titania in a movie, beating up everyone she comes in contact with :woohoo:

Me too ! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

More
01 Feb 2014 18:21 #35379 by clipfreak
Replied by clipfreak on topic ARTICLE: Potential Live-Action Supervillianesses
Me three,

Is there an particular comic book issue(s) to read the origini story of her? Cause this sounds like my favorite kind of origins story (mousy/weak girl goes crazy with power).

More
01 Feb 2014 19:10 #35381 by lojack
She debuted with origin story in Marvel's Secret Wars. It was a 12 issue mini series, (80's?) and she first appears in one of the earlier issues (3?) and is in the storyline throughout. In fact, I think that her character/personality has stayed true to her debut- Loves her man, hates Spider-Man, and has a beef with She-Hulk. Granted, it easier for minor characters to not get redone over and over.
The following user(s) said Thank You: clipfreak

More
01 Feb 2014 19:30 #35383 by lojack
On another note, Marvel did hire writers for the third Thor movie, so Enchantress has a good shot, I don't think they can go to the Loki well again, but you never know. She is the most likely of that list to make the jump, I think everyone else needs more universe set-up. Then there's the mention of rights, if Sony grabs Titania as a Spider-Man villain, then no appearances in Avengers or Hulk.

More
02 Feb 2014 02:06 #35394 by lfan

lojack wrote: She debuted with origin story in Marvel's Secret Wars. It was a 12 issue mini series, (80's?) and she first appears in one of the earlier issues (3?) and is in the storyline throughout. In fact, I think that her character/personality has stayed true to her debut- Loves her man, hates Spider-Man, and has a beef with She-Hulk. Granted, it easier for minor characters to not get redone over and over.

As LoJack said, her debut was in Secret Wars. A more detailed origin can be found in SheHulk #10 (the one with her on the cover). Tells her whole story, and along with issues 11 & 12, probably the best über girl appearance in any comic.

ElF

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
02 Feb 2014 02:42 #35395 by castor

lojack wrote: She debuted with origin story in Marvel's Secret Wars. It was a 12 issue mini series, (80's?) and she first appears in one of the earlier issues (3?) and is in the storyline throughout. In fact, I think that her character/personality has stayed true to her debut- Loves her man, hates Spider-Man, and has a beef with She-Hulk. Granted, it easier for minor characters to not get redone over and over.

The Marvel Rights issue are so complicated right now i am not sure they know it-but if they ever did the Frightful Four vs the Fantastic Four ...yeah it would be fun to see her in it. fighting The Thing. That is if they ever stop fighting Doctor Doom.

It may even make me want to see a Fantastic Four movie, who i think are pretty mediocre characters

Castor

More
02 Feb 2014 02:48 - 02 Feb 2014 02:58 #35396 by Dru1076

lfan wrote: As LoJack said, her debut was in Secret Wars. A more detailed origin can be found in SheHulk #10 (the one with her on the cover). Tells her whole story, and along with issues 11 & 12, probably the best über girl appearance in any comic.

ElF

I bought #10-12 not long ago on Lfan's advice. Some of the best advice I've ever had! While She Hulk is being mentioned, I recommend Red She Hulk 58-62. Good stuff. (But fair warning: when Red really hulks out at the end of the story arc, she ain't pretty...)
Last edit: 02 Feb 2014 02:58 by Dru1076.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan

More
02 Feb 2014 21:28 #35406 by clipfreak
Replied by clipfreak on topic ARTICLE: Potential Live-Action Supervillianesses
Thanks all,

I'm going to try to get an hold on those books. Did not even knew there was a red She-hulk.

More
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds