Amount

Evanagline Lily as the Wasp in Antman?

07 Feb 2014 17:46 #35456 by AJF
Several sites are saying actress Evangaline Lily is close to getting cast in the main female role in Marvel's upcoming Antman film.
The name of her character has not ben reported yet.
Who else could she be other the Janet Van Dyne aka the Wasp? Antman goes into production later this year in Georgia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• AJF
  • AJF's Avatar Topic Author
More
07 Feb 2014 17:57 #35457 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Evanagline Lily as the Wasp in Antman?
I was kind of hoping for Anna Kendrick, but ehh not a bad choice.

Hobbit 2 i thought was a great movie to a certain extent on her performance as an action heroine Elf who falls in loves with A dwarf, who played everyword of this sentance.

Wasp is a fun character when done well, and neither a generic badass, or the generic woman in the background in the avengers. She could have some fun with it.

(was thinking Kendrick as shes a good actress for looking bemused by things)

castor

More
07 Feb 2014 18:05 - 07 Feb 2014 18:15 #35458 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Evanagline Lily as the Wasp in Antman?
Wasp is one of those roles that I think requires a very careful casting.
On one hand she's a very complex character based around a very unusual evolution: she started out "the chick" on the Avengers, but tunred out to be actually much than that, she proved to be an excellent leader (kind of a sore point for the Avengers due to Cap) and actually a very responsible person, but always with a very carefree attitude.
Under the physical profile I have one point: Wasp is short (she's like 5'4' in business were 5'10" seem to be the norm) and kind of petite. I know that training, CGI etc. can help a lot, but I think that it's a point that the casting and director should keep in mind. Opposite ot many of her colleagues who are defined by their physicality as well as their character (e.g. Storm or Wonder Woman), Janet is 90% charisma ad 10% appearence.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

This is a bit over the top, but I think it gave the sense of proportions.
Last edit: 07 Feb 2014 18:15 by Woodclaw.

More
07 Feb 2014 18:19 #35459 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Evanagline Lily as the Wasp in Antman?

Anon wrote: Wasp is one of those roles that I think requires a very careful casting.

Under the physical profile I have one point: Wasp is short (she's like 5'4' in business were 5'10" seem to be the norm) and kind of petite. I know that training, CGI etc. can help a lot, but I think that it's a point that the casting and director should keep in mind. Opposite ot many of her colleague who are defined by their physicality as well as their character (e.g. Storm or Wonder Woman), Janet is 90% charisma ad 10% appearence.

Lily is a good actress for being fairly small, but playing bigger then she looks- if that makes sence. Its like a reverse Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman. I wouldn't worry to much about height. Was thinking of Hugh Jackman as wolverine. One of his big defining features in the comics is hes a short guy. Jackman isn't. No one cared.

In the first season or two of Lost Lily could be a little shaky at times but shes improved a lot over the years.

More
08 Feb 2014 11:05 #35466 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Evanagline Lily as the Wasp in Antman?

castor wrote: Lily is a good actress for being fairly small, but playing bigger then she looks- if that makes sence. Its like a reverse Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman. I wouldn't worry to much about height. Was thinking of Hugh Jackman as wolverine. One of his big defining features in the comics is hes a short guy. Jackman isn't. No one cared.

In the first season or two of Lost Lily could be a little shaky at times but shes improved a lot over the years.

Far from me to suggest that height would be an issue, aside from Jackman there has been also the egregious example of Michael Keaton playing Batman. I meant just to point out that Wasp isn't as much of physical imposing character, opposed to many other superwomen out there. Hence whoever ends up as her should keep that in mind.

More
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds