Amount

3 wonder woman movies

07 Jun 2014 19:48 #36765 by KAP
3 wonder woman movies was created by KAP
Gal has signed on for 3 movies

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jun 2014 13:18 #36814 by AJF
Replied by AJF on topic 3 wonder woman movies
Gal Gadot is not signed to 3 WW films. Her contract is for Batman vs Superman, Justice League, which is set for release in May 2017 and a Wonder Woman film which is set for a July 2017 release.

More
13 Jun 2014 17:54 #36815 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic 3 wonder woman movies

AJF wrote: Gal Gadot is not signed to 3 WW films. Her contract is for Batman vs Superman, Justice League, which is set for release in May 2017 and a Wonder Woman film which is set for a July 2017 release.

Of course, that doesn't mean any of those films will actually get finished or that she'll play WW in them all. It just means that she's committed to them unless the studio opts out of her contract. There are always exit clauses if she sucks too badly in the role or the studio changes direction, etc. etc. It's standard practice to tie actors up for sequels, just in case the first movie really hits and the viewers and fans (and of course studio) wants those same actors back.

Now how about this for a wild thought -- the US gets a female President in 2016, and she kicks ass and doesn't suck, so as a result, films and TV depicting powerful female figures really take off. Everything from political thrillers to superheroine movies. Not sure if this scenario or the "Gal Gadot turns out to be the perfect WW in the movies" scenario has the highest probability, but the outcome from either scenario will make me happy.

On the other hand, I'm a notorious dreamer...

Shadar

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
13 Jun 2014 19:11 #36816 by castor
Replied by castor on topic 3 wonder woman movies

shadar wrote:
Now how about this for a wild thought -- the US gets a female President in 2016, and she kicks ass and doesn't suck, so as a result, films and TV depicting powerful female figures really take off. Everything from political thrillers to superheroine movies. Not sure if this scenario or the "Gal Gadot turns out to be the perfect WW in the movies" scenario has the highest probability, but the outcome from either scenario will make me happy.

Shadar

At the risk of making a political point....in a country with a black president that has been subject to a million really angry and if you think 5 minutes rather horrible attacks on his character. I don't think thats going to happen. Not that a woman in 2016 president. I would actually give that better then 50/50 odds. But i can just imagine the cries that are going to come out when it happens.

castor

More
13 Jun 2014 23:19 #36817 by shadar

castor wrote:

shadar wrote:

Shadar

At the risk of making a political point....in a country with a black president that has been subject to a million really angry and if you think 5 minutes rather horrible attacks on his character. I don't think thats going to happen. Not that a woman in 2016 president. I would actually give that better then 50/50 odds. But i can just imagine the cries that are going to come out when it happens.

castor

I'm not going to take a political position on this, but will only add that its a natural for some people to really get upset when people who have been previously denied equal participation in public life are elected to the top positions. Many of you may not remember this, but when JFK was running for office back in the late 50's, and also after he was elected, there was a huge backlash against a Catholic being in the White House. Claims were that he was subservient to the Pope among other things. And then he was assassinated. Obama's treatment has been very challenging given that someone connected to the former slaves of America had now reached the pinnacle of power. Same kind of thing will occur with a woman. Whoever that woman is, she better have a very tough hide, well nigh unto invulnerable.

But these are all expected rites of passage when the roles of various races, religions and gender change in the eyes of those who focus on the past and on tradition. We've seen all kinds of movies and TV shows that depicted a black president, both before and after Obama's election. If we have a female president, then there will be all kinds of movies and TV shows about female presidents and other positions of power. Most of that will stay within the frame of political thriller and spy/crime/etc. stories, but some could maybe spill out into our genre.

Has anyone read a genre story where a superheroine (or a female ubervillain) has become President? I don't recall seeing such a thing. But DC Comics briefly made Carol Danvers/Kara Zor El the governor of Florida, and that was kind of fun. She saved an oil rig threatened by a tsunami and researched information that proved the innocence of a man about to be executed and then went shopping (through time into the past) for an anniversary gift for Mr and Mrs. Clark Kent. All things that required her super powers, and all in one day. And she also shared a hint of the challenges of being in a romantic relationship, given her double life. That was a fun story. I'd love to see more along that line.

But I agree it's very speculative whether any of this would directly influence WW or any other superhuman female stories or characters. But it's fun to consider the possibility.

Shadar

• shadar
More
14 Jun 2014 02:52 #36818 by algae2k
Replied by algae2k on topic 3 wonder woman movies

shadar wrote:

castor wrote:

shadar wrote:

Shadar

castor

I'm not going to take a political position on this, but will only add that its a natural for some people to really get upset when people who have been previously denied equal participation in public life are elected to the top positions. Many of you may not remember this, but when JFK was running for office back in the late 50's, and also after he was elected, there was a huge backlash against a Catholic being in the White House. Claims were that he was subservient to the Pope among other things. And then he was assassinated. Obama's treatment has been very challenging given that someone connected to the former slaves of America had now reached the pinnacle of power. Same kind of thing will occur with a woman. Whoever that woman is, she better have a very tough hide, well nigh unto invulnerable.

But these are all expected rites of passage when the roles of various races, religions and gender change in the eyes of those who focus on the past and on tradition. We've seen all kinds of movies and TV shows that depicted a black president, both before and after Obama's election. If we have a female president, then there will be all kinds of movies and TV shows about female presidents and other positions of power. Most of that will stay within the frame of political thriller and spy/crime/etc. stories, but some could maybe spill out into our genre.

Has anyone read a genre story where a superheroine (or a female ubervillain) has become President? I don't recall seeing such a thing. But DC Comics briefly made Carol Danvers/Kara Zor El the governor of Florida, and that was kind of fun. She saved an oil rig threatened by a tsunami and researched information that proved the innocence of a man about to be executed and then went shopping (through time into the past) for an anniversary gift for Mr and Mrs. Clark Kent. All things that required her super powers, and all in one day. And she also shared a hint of the challenges of being in a romantic relationship, given her double life. That was a fun story. I'd love to see more along that line.

But I agree it's very speculative whether any of this would directly influence WW or any other superhuman female stories or characters. But it's fun to consider the possibility.

Shadar

Ummm... his father is from Kenya (i.e., his "African-American" heritage is actually first generation African, thus no connection there to the American slave trade that pulled from western Africa), so this is a bit disingenuine. Oddly enough, it is his white mother's side that has some connection to slave owners (www.baltimoresun.com/news/bal-te.obama02mar02,0,5765826.story)

More
15 Jun 2014 01:38 #36824 by shadar
That's why I said "connected to the former slaves", in his case because most people consider him African American (other than the Birthers, who drop the American part) and because his wife's heritage comes out of American slavery. I didn't know about his mother's connection to slavery. But if you aren't black, it doesn't matter.

But we're getting off topic now. Where I was trying to go was to open the door to speculation whether a female holding the most powerful position in America would be good for wider acceptance of women of power, specifically as depicted in movies or TV, and whether that could benefit our genre -- or hurt it.

Shadar

• shadar
More
16 Jun 2014 02:50 #36834 by algae2k

shadar wrote: That's why I said "connected to the former slaves", in his case because most people consider him African American (other than the Birthers, who drop the American part) and because his wife's heritage comes out of American slavery. I didn't know about his mother's connection to slavery. But if you aren't black, it doesn't matter.

But we're getting off topic now. Where I was trying to go was to open the door to speculation whether a female holding the most powerful position in America would be good for wider acceptance of women of power, specifically as depicted in movies or TV, and whether that could benefit our genre -- or hurt it.

Shadar

Good... Good... back on topic (what I was aiming for!)!

The women who have emerged as being influential in politics have actually been very polarizing (on both sides)... is this because they are women, or is this because politics have become more polarizing in the first place? So, it's hard to say the impact it would have.

The chick pea is neither a chick nor a pea... discuss! :)

So, then the question is this:

More
16 Jun 2014 03:30 #36835 by shadar

algae2k wrote: The chick pea is neither a chick nor a pea... discuss! :)

So, then the question is this:

Uh... and it is....????

• shadar
More
16 Jun 2014 15:37 #36841 by lojack
Replied by lojack on topic 3 wonder woman movies
Garbanzo!

More
17 Jun 2014 02:26 #36845 by algae2k
Oops... that fragment wasn't supposed to be there! It should have read:

The women who have emerged as being influential in politics have actually been very polarizing (on both sides)... so, then the question is this: is this because they are women, or is this because politics have become more polarizing in the first place? So, it's hard to say the impact it would have.

More
03 Jul 2014 12:19 #37135 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic 3 wonder woman movies
batman-news.com/2014/07/01/gal-gadot-alr...perman-dawn-justice/

I wonder if five minutes in Mos vs Batman counts as one of her three contracted movies?

More
03 Jul 2014 16:00 #37138 by AJF
Replied by AJF on topic 3 wonder woman movies
Yes, Batman vs. Superman is one of her contracted films.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markiehoe

More
04 Jul 2014 04:02 #37153 by shadar
Where did you hear five minutes? And how could anyone know that before the film is edited?

Markiehoe wrote: batman-news.com/2014/07/01/gal-gadot-alr...perman-dawn-justice/

I wonder if five minutes in Mos vs Batman counts as one of her three contracted movies?

• shadar
More
04 Jul 2014 04:22 #37154 by shadar
Just found this image...seems so true. Now I'm getting pessimistic.

[img]http://velorian.net/gal as ww.jpg[/img]

• shadar
More
04 Jul 2014 09:53 #37161 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic 3 wonder woman movies
Shear speculation on my part. If the article I posted above is true and her scenes are done already. I can't see her having a MAJOR part in this movie.

More
06 Jul 2014 00:27 #37168 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic 3 wonder woman movies

More
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds