Amount

Gal Gadot in Training

04 Aug 2014 14:54 - 04 Aug 2014 14:54 #37614 by lfan
Gal Gadot in Training was created by lfan
New pic posted to her Instagram of her training. Apparently Jason Momma (Aquaman?) is doing the same rock climbing regiment under the tutelage of their trainer.

Zach Snyder I guess has confirmed that she hasn't filmed any scenes as WW yet until she buff up. OK, you can all start with the "she's-too-skinny-of-a-twig-to-play-Wonder-Woman" comments now.....

ElF
Last edit: 04 Aug 2014 14:54 by lfan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
04 Aug 2014 16:47 #37618 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Gal Gadot in Training
Looks like the same rockwall where my kids used to have there birthday parties.
It was fun watching all the Moms and Dads take their turns also. :)

More
07 Aug 2014 00:07 #37656 by fats
Replied by fats on topic Gal Gadot in Training
well the movie has been delayed again now we wont see the it until march 2016.

www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/06/batman...-date_n_5655957.html

fats

More
07 Aug 2014 00:36 #37657 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Gal Gadot in Training
Actually, they moved the release date up. It was May 6, 2016, but that was the same day as a Marvel movie release, so they accelerated the release by moving it up to March 25, 2016. So this is good news.

The bad news came some time ago when they moved it out to May, 2016 from sometime in 2015.

Either way... its a long damn time.

Shadar

fats wrote: well the movie has been delayed again now we wont see the it until march 2016.

www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/06/batman...-date_n_5655957.html

fats

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
12 Aug 2014 04:41 #37710 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Gal Gadot in Training
I know everyone has their own taste - but if she can just get some tone going in her biceps and triceps that will go a long way for me.

I can only imagine how difficult it's got to be trying to tone up lots, bulk up a little, and not fatten up where it's not desired. Family genetics will play a big role in what she can pull off - lots is possible.

More
12 Aug 2014 11:31 #37716 by jdrock24
Replied by jdrock24 on topic Gal Gadot in Training
Here is a comparison pic from a year or two ago to the recent SDCC. It looks like her arms have bulked up a little and at least isn't the twig that she was.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Susan Donym, Random321

More
12 Aug 2014 13:14 #37717 by Markiehoe
Why pick an actress that has to tone up in the first place? Get one that was already in shape.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ravens_ghost

More
12 Aug 2014 14:34 #37719 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Gal Gadot in Training

Markiehoe wrote: Why pick an actress that has to tone up in the first place? Get one that was already in shape.

Outside of Jessica Biel and Angela Basset, who would you say is a "buff" actress? And don't confuse shapely and statuesque (ala Jaime Alexander) with "buff". I'm just curious...

WW physiques do not grow on trees in Hollywood which is why training would be required for any actress. Helen Slater trained for Supergirl very extensively, if memory serves. Same thing for Sandra Bullock in Gravity (culminated by all those gratuitous, "look at my new body in a weighless environment"). The list goes on. Neither of them would be what I considered "out of shape" prior to filming.

Its not like they are holding up the movie till she gets in shape.....

ElF

ElF

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
12 Aug 2014 18:12 #37720 by Markiehoe
Gina Carano springs to mind.

However I see no need for a "buff" Wonder Woman.
Lynda Carter was in shape back in the day but no one would consider her "buff"

My ideal of Wonder Woman is not the Amazon killing machine everyone seems so focused on these days.

This message has an attachment image.

More
12 Aug 2014 18:40 #37721 by fats
here is Lynda Carter in her prime

Fats

This message has an attachment image.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Raa, Ravens_ghost, Markiehoe

More
12 Aug 2014 22:00 #37723 by shadar
To be very strong you need extraordinary muscles.
Warriors are very strong compared to normal people.
Amazons are the ultimate warriors.
WW is the ultimate Amazon.

Pretty simple logic, and it doesn't wind up with a chicken-boned size-zero actress.

I always though Linda Carter looked like a joke in that role. Skinny with oversized, floppy boobs. Teenage eye candy. The boobs were the only thing that worked. Even then, she completely turned me off to WW for twenty years. If not for the more recent comics and their portrayal of her as a powerful warrior, I would have given up on the character altogether.

The WW role in the upcoming movie is miscast, I think we all see that, but what can you do except ignore it? Skinny and pretty is how Hollywood sees WW.

As I see it, they'll make her powers all magic-based, unlike Henry Cavill , who is built a bit like... wait for it... Superman. His powers are primarily muscular and he looks the part.

WW will probably rely on unnatural skill with a sword and her goofy magic lasso and her "feminine wiles". I pray her invisible airplane won't make an appearance and that she'll fly on her own (the comics gave up on her "glass jet" a long time ago). Also forget any hand-to-hand combat. A stunt double who can pass for skinny Gal would be crumpled by even the pulled blows of make-believe fighting.

Of course, we have the same issue with Supergirl, but nobody is thinking of making a movie of her. In contrast, Power Girl is generally drawn to look the part. I'd like to see a very tall, extremely fit and muscular Power Girl actress working beside Henry Cavill, both of them relying on the basic Kryptonian powers of invulnerability and extreme strength.

What's in between is a very fit Ms. Marvel punching Tony Stark around in his Ironman costume. Given the teaser performances we've seen of Sif, and the likely She Hulk franchise, I'm betting Marvel will get it right a long time before clueless DC wakes up.

• shadar
More
13 Aug 2014 01:53 - 24 Aug 2014 23:47 #37724 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Gal Gadot in Training
Recently Saw Edge of Tommorow.

In it we see Emily Blunt. An actress who has is mainly known for playing stuff like Young queen Victoria or one of the characters in the Jane Austin book club. Done a coulple of rommantic leads.

this is what she looks like.

This image is hidden for guests.

Now i don't think she whuld rate necessairly in the "wish she was super" topic or what ever-shes not that kind of fit. However i would think there wouldn't be any question if Wonder Woman looks like this. in the Movie she does an amazing job-of well being a solder. She looks like a solder. a tough nononsense warrior with a dark secret and a weariness in her eyes from it.it is a hardass performance, thats one of the best parts of the movie(can't say the best- as tom cruise is actually really good playing agianst type)- but the point is she is strong everything about her conveys strength.

Now if you look at her from before a year ago-well she looks normal. I belive in the adjusment Buearu she played a dancer, but proportioned. I would also comment that in way maybe helped-as she is by no means a model. She was never super thin, never had the string bean arms-she was well looked like a normal woman who over the course of a year could look like she was in real good shape.

She was also- an excelent actor. She has won Gold Globes and won a number of others. Didn't really like all of her movies but i don't think thats her fault. Shes good at comedy, good at drama.

In a previous post i mentioned how most superhero roles are cast based on "How well can they do the do with the secret identiy stuff-which i mean the stuff out of costume. She actually does wear a mech suit in the movie and does well enough in that-but in the scenes where she talks where she has to use her strength to convey both her hopes and the pain she has had-that she does spectacularly. Would i have expected that from her-well based on her previous skill as an actor maybe.

The rummor going around last year was Emily Blunt was in the lead for Ms. Marvel-and you know i can't blaim that.

I bring this up-becuse well this a route they could have gone. it would have been easy. I suspect She would have asked for more money, but not tons. But it looks like they didn't.
Last edit: 24 Aug 2014 23:47 by castor.

More
13 Aug 2014 06:16 #37726 by jnw550
Replied by jnw550 on topic Gal Gadot in Training
When CGI and Heidi Moneymaker take over the action and stunts, you guys won't even notice Gal's apparent lack of muscle.

And sorry, Gina cannot act.

More
13 Aug 2014 07:35 #37727 by Susan Donym
Replied by Susan Donym on topic Gal Gadot in Training

jnw550 wrote:

I think Gina is uber buff and uber sexy.....but her acting, as JNW550 says, is pretty bad....

ElF

More
13 Aug 2014 12:15 #37729 by Markiehoe
I really can not comment on Gal's acting ability because I have never seen her act in anything.
Here is her ONLY scene I could find on YouTube

Now that is ACTING!

More
13 Aug 2014 15:13 #37731 by shadar
Great point... Heidi is an astounding athlete. Given that Scarlett J. is completely non-athletic, even clumsy, Heidi's stunts in Avengers were all the more amazing.

I suppose that Heidi will be WW's on-screen presence in any scene where Gal is doing anything more athletic than walking or talking. I'd completely forgotten about that.

Heidi pretty much IS Wonder Woman. From champion gymnast to premier stunt woman, other than flying, she won't need much CGI. She doubled Scarlett very well, yet she looks even more like Gal.

I suppose the Gal / Heidi combo is what the studio had in mind the whole way. Solves the problem.

jnw550 wrote: When CGI and Heidi Moneymaker take over the action and stunts, you guys won't even notice Gal's apparent lack of muscle.

The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan

• shadar
More
13 Aug 2014 21:02 #37734 by jnw550
Replied by jnw550 on topic Gal Gadot in Training
Heidi was just hypothetical example, but would be great if she was WW stunt double.

More
19 Aug 2014 21:23 #37799 by Markiehoe
Here is Gal Gadot taking the Ice Bucket challenge.
www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152583497433926&fref=nf

After all these months still thin as a pin.
The costume ladies and the CGI guys are going to earn their money on this project.

More
19 Aug 2014 22:02 #37800 by fats
that they will, i think they are going to go with a super fit but super thin WW not what we want to see but it's what we are going to get.

Fats
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markiehoe

More
23 Aug 2014 12:19 #37839 by arvin sloane
Replied by arvin sloane on topic Gal Gadot in Training
By the looks of it they will have to spend a lot of cash in CGI just to make her look right... I´m talking "Lord of the rings make a 6 foot guy look like a dwarf" effects here.

Faora would eat this WW alive

"If you threaten our son again, I'll put my heel through your skull"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markiehoe

More
23 Aug 2014 20:29 #37843 by shadar
Agree that Faora could eat her alive, but in the comics, she could do the same to Superman. Her skills in advanced Kryptonian martial combat techniques made him look clumsy in comparison.

More relevantly, Supergirl was drawn very thin in the early 70's, and nobody complained. Reason being is that the readers understood that Kryptonian muscles and skin are completely different than human. She didn't have anything near Superman's strength, but she was still a thousand times stronger than any human and bulletproof.

Maybe they could invoke that concept with WW. Instead of a muscled, warrior type, she could pass for a model, but with strength that is second only to a Kryptonian.

Warning: Spoiler!

• shadar
More
24 Aug 2014 16:41 #37855 by arvin sloane
Replied by arvin sloane on topic Gal Gadot in Training
I guess what bothers me the most is not even the weitgh or muscle definition, but she as a whole... she doesn´t have the Out of this world beauty or a Royal powerfull face, like say, Charlize Theron. That´s the face of a Godlike Princess... :woohoo:

"If you threaten our son again, I'll put my heel through your skull"

More
24 Aug 2014 20:59 #37857 by shadar
i'm a Charlize fan too. She does have the face.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raa, arvin sloane

• shadar
More
24 Aug 2014 22:38 #37858 by j2001
Replied by j2001 on topic Gal Gadot in Training
Holy shit, I didnt know Emily blunt was so jacked. I've seen her in a couple of movies and she didnt look like that at all. Nice.

More
25 Aug 2014 05:16 #37861 by Raa
The following user(s) said Thank You: jyache

More
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds