Amount

Spiderman related female superhero movie in 2017

04 Aug 2014 18:38 #37623 by AJF
DeadlineHollywood.com is reporteding that along with with plans to do Sinister Six flim, they are going to produce another spinoff film from Amazing Spiderman.

Tis untilted film, set to be released in 2017, which a female superhero from the Spiderman movie and comic book universe.

The name of the character or the film is unknown.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• AJF
  • AJF's Avatar Topic Author
More
04 Aug 2014 18:55 #37624 by lfan

AJF wrote: DeadlineHollywood.com is reporteding that along with with plans to do Sinister Six flim, they are going to produce another spinoff film from Amazing Spiderman.

Tis untilted film, set to be released in 2017, which a female superhero from the Spiderman movie and comic book universe.

The name of the character or the film is unknown.

Hmm.....Black Cat anyone? I'd personally love to see Stunner, but I think the odds are slim to none! :P

ElF
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raa

More
04 Aug 2014 18:58 #37625 by lfan
On a side note, it would be pretty funny/pathetic if Sony launched a female-led superheroine film before Marvel and DC/WB could!

ElF

More
04 Aug 2014 19:02 #37626 by deathgeonous
Replied by deathgeonous on topic Spiderman related female superhero movie in 2017
"On a side note, it would be pretty funny/pathetic if Sony launched a female-led superheroine film before Marvel and DC/WB could!"

No, that'd be REALISTIC.

More
04 Aug 2014 19:13 #37627 by fats
if it's spiderman it has to be a super powered MJ.

Fats

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
04 Aug 2014 19:20 - 04 Aug 2014 19:21 #37628 by AJF
The article tossed around some names. Black cat, Silver Sable and Spider-woman.
They have even hired a screenwriter. BTW, the screenwriter is a woman.
Last edit: 04 Aug 2014 19:21 by AJF.

• AJF
More
04 Aug 2014 19:23 #37629 by lfan

fats wrote: if it's spiderman it has to be a super powered MJ.

Fats

Probably not, but hopefully we'll see her among the Art Contest entries..... ;)

More
04 Aug 2014 19:34 #37630 by AJF
The writer's name is Lisa Joy. Hollywood Reporter has an article about this as well.

It says the success Lucy at the BO may be playing a big role in Sony going for this.

• AJF
More
04 Aug 2014 19:47 #37631 by lfan
With Lucy's numbers as a springboard, and the recent female-hero buzz revolving around "Thorette" and Gal Gadot's costume at SDCC, there has probably never been a better time for the studios to get in line and seriously consider a female-led superhero movie. I'm hoping we might see other announcements (or at least concepts for movies and TV shows) to follow.....

ElF

More
04 Aug 2014 19:53 #37632 by castor
The irony of it is i belive Sony probabbly said "Female superhero movie-GREAT IDEA!!! We can make a lot of money on this!!!"

They are probably right.

Problem: We don't actually own the rights to any female superheros....

Though who really knows. I get the impression that even marvel is a little vauge of who owns the rights to what character at this point.

Castor

More
04 Aug 2014 20:34 #37633 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Spiderman related female superhero movie in 2017
Spiderwoman.
Immediate name recognition for the franchise.
Acceptable, family friendly costume that is also totally awesome.

More
04 Aug 2014 22:33 #37635 by castor
I would also comment-the Amazing Spiderman style of - " Semi realistic Indie comedy/Rommance/ Mixed with Superheroic action" could do pretty well with a Superheroine movie. Emma Stone was easily the best part of the Spiderman movies, and while i wouldn't want to say turn her into a superhero, if they could take that style of characters and writing and make a movie around it that could be a really great movie.

Wouldn't necessairly want a spiderwoman movie(who has a tendency to get into the angst of spiderman without the fun)-but you know whatever.

Castor

More
05 Aug 2014 00:03 #37636 by www1969
How sure are we that Spider-Woman is even available to Sony? Does anybody know *exactly* what characters are part of Sony's deal with Marvel? It's one thing for the general media to say that "anything Spider-Man" belongs to Sony, but you have to imagine that the actual deal was a lot more specific, and as I recall, most of the Spider-Woman characters really weren't a part of the specific Spidey universe.

More
05 Aug 2014 00:21 #37637 by fats

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Markiehoe

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
05 Aug 2014 00:48 #37639 by jimbob
Problem with that is Spiderwoman is not a Spiderman character. But Sony might try to argue she is.

More
05 Aug 2014 01:06 #37640 by www1969

jimbob wrote: Problem with that is Spiderwoman is not a Spiderman character. But Sony might try to argue she is.

And that's my point, or at least my question. (BTW, I'd seen the poster, but it's really just the overview.) With billion-dollar franchises at stake, you'd think the contracts were drawn a little more tightly than that. CAN Sony even make that case? Or do they have the rights to a specific list of characters, and that's it? And if so, who's on that list?

More
05 Aug 2014 01:18 #37642 by castor

www1969 wrote:

jimbob wrote: Problem with that is Spiderwoman is not a Spiderman character. But Sony might try to argue she is.

And that's my point, or at least my question. (BTW, I'd seen the poster, but it's really just the overview.) With billion-dollar franchises at stake, you'd think the contracts were drawn a little more tightly than that. CAN Sony even make that case? Or do they have the rights to a specific list of characters, and that's it? And if so, who's on that list?

Yeah part of the problem is that these are hard contracts drawn for franchises that where never that hard to begin with. Marvel comics since the very early sixties has loved crossovers and loves doing complicated origins.

Spiderman has been in the Avengers! Hey Marvel owns the rights to Alpha Flight..and hey wolverine was a member of that team before he joined the X-Men. They sell off the rights to "Teams" but hey there have been a dozen X-Men Books (X-factor, X force etc) and several Avengers-plus a bunch of other stuff.

its complicated. Spiderwoman is actually a character that has comparitivly little do with Spiderman over the years-her concept and origin more have to do with the High Evolutionary..which i donno who owns the rights to that.

Do love the point that Man Thing is still out there owned by Lionsgate.

More
05 Aug 2014 01:41 #37643 by fats
it's like a spider's web.

fats

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
05 Aug 2014 20:54 #37649 by castor
Thought i should include an link to an articles

Why Do So Few Blockbusters Star Women? Marvel Blames the Sequel.

www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2014/08/05...rman_and_female.html

More
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds