Amount

Hollywood's Next Women Superheroes More we'd like to see.

31 Aug 2014 13:23 #37954 by slim36
Esquire suggests some female superheroes that could use their own movies They list 10, but am attaching ones I haven't seen before

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, Sarge395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slim36
  • slim36's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
31 Aug 2014 15:11 #37955 by castor
....I am trying to decide whether Empowered would be a good movie or not.

Its tricky. All of Empowered stories tend to be very brief vingettes of her adventures, most of which involve her in very elaborate bondage-but well done funny, by someone who has a certain versing in Femenist Theroy. There is an elaborate plotline to them..but its mostly pretty loose.

And while you could easily strich together a narritve out of them for a movie-Empowered slowly gains self estime as she is constantly defeated until in the last 10 minutes where she pulls through--i am not sure it would work well as well a superhero action movie. and superhero movies that don't have that core of a story tend to be dull.

More
31 Aug 2014 15:25 #37956 by Woodclaw

castor wrote: ....I am trying to decide whether Empowered would be a good movie or not.

Its tricky. All of Empowered stories tend to be very brief vingettes of her adventures, most of which involve her in very elaborate bondage-but well done funny, by someone who has a certain versing in Femenist Theroy. There is an elaborate plotline to them..but its mostly pretty loose.

And while you could easily strich together a narritve out of them for a movie-Empowered slowly gains self estime as she is constantly defeated until in the last 10 minutes where she pulls through--i am not sure it would work well as well a superhero action movie. and superhero movies that don't have that core of a story tend to be dull.

I think it's prudent to wait and see if Edgar Wright can pull a superheroic comedy out of Ant-Man.
I agree that turning Emp in any kind of big blockbuster roject wuld be a shot in the dark, but not as big as Oracle in my eyes. Don't get me wrong, I think that turning Babs into Oracle was and still is one of the greatest ideas the DC comics ever tried, but I can hardly see it as movie material on its own. Mostly because of the lengthy backstory and the inevitable need to add constat references to the rest of the Batman universe to make it work. Although I think that it might be a nice spin-off from an eventual DC movieverse done right (a la Agents of SHIELD).

More
31 Aug 2014 16:14 #37957 by castor
From what i have heard Antman is more of a comic caper Plot ala Oceans 11, then a straight Comedy. That at least is a spine of something to put a movie on.

But regarding Oracle I donno.

i was going to say well they could team her up with black Canary and do a Birds of Prey Movie-but i do think thats more of A TV Show idea(and not a very good one as it turned out).

But the more i think about it actually that could kinda work. A superheroine-or well a kind of a superheroine investigating crimes with a physical limitation-that could be a good kina crime movie story..

......Except you may have a point that the part that doesn't really add much to it is the whole its a batman story. Or really most likely any capes and masks.

More
Time to create page: 0.047 seconds