Amount

Rumor of Movie WW having Kryptonian lineage?

13 Oct 2014 19:53 #38504 by lfan
Not looking like it......

comicbook.com/2014/10/13/wonder-womans-d...-superman-confirmed/

Producer with a brief mention at the 7:00 mark.....

ElF
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 Oct 2014 20:33 #38505 by shadar
Seems pretty clear from the end of the video... she's a demi-god and Zeus is her father. So she's established as a part of the Greek pantheon of gods, who spawned many demi-gods (think Hercules). We saw a lot of this with Percy Jackson movies, including Half-Blood camp for demi-god children. Familiar territory.

I suppose this is the closest they can come to Marston's original concept, and the majority of the published books, but I'm still looking for the hook from the missing pod in MOS and the comic-book setup for the story that involved Kara.

Another wild thought... the timing would have been right for Kara to be the "mother of gods" that resulted in the Greek Pantheon. In other words, Zeus is Kara's offspring and WW is Zeus' offspring. Not sure if I really like that idea, but it's at least an original one that fits the timelines. It plays on the idea that Greek gods are aliens whose blood was increasingly diluted among humans. Kryptonian or not, I've always liked that concept.

lfan wrote: Not looking like it......

comicbook.com/2014/10/13/wonder-womans-d...-superman-confirmed/

Producer with a brief mention at the 7:00 mark.....

ElF

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
13 Oct 2014 22:32 #38507 by dauntingmold
Replied by dauntingmold on topic Rumor of Movie WW having Kryptonian lineage?
I'm pleased with the background, and that she'll have powers. I was dreading the thought of Wonder Woman being a non super powered warrior who weilded a sword. Also I never really liked the idea of her being a diluted kryptonian, that background suggests that Wonder Woman is inferior to Superman, and I've always seen them as equals.

More
13 Oct 2014 23:26 #38508 by lfan

dauntingmold wrote: I'm pleased with the background, and that she'll have powers. I was dreading the thought of Wonder Woman being a non super powered warrior who weilded a sword. Also I never really liked the idea of her being a diluted kryptonian, that background suggests that Wonder Woman is inferior to Superman, and I've always seen them as equals.

Agree 100%....superman is superman and WW is WW. Don't mix the streams...

ElF
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, jdrock24, Markiehoe

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
14 Oct 2014 09:33 #38511 by castor
Wrote Paradise awhile back as i said as way of doing a wonder woman movie in the MOS universe concept-and one of the points i made was well...yes the greek gods made her....but well there godlike aliens(which i never went into but wheren't human like at all) Paradise Island is a pocket dimension, Hipoloyta is a computer. Its Sci Fi.

And i can understand the impulse....introducing magic into a shared universe is a tricky concept, especially becuse if Man of steel is anything its a Science Fiction movie.If they can figure out a way not do that-that works-however i agree i would avoid kryptonians.

three ideas other then aliens.

1. She is the product of Genetic Engineering by an organization that wants her to think shes from an ancient civilization.

2. Amazons are a race that is a subspecies of humanity-and that she is an imortal that has been here for ever.

3. Or well she really is human, and the paradise is just a normal island that she comes to but untouched by the normal world.

but well will see.

More
14 Oct 2014 20:02 #38520 by shadar
For my nickel, I like:

1. She is the product of Genetic Engineering by an organization that wants her to think shes from an ancient civilization.

Except I'd say "by some advanced aliens"

But then, I've more or less been on that page with my Velorians for the last twenty years.

castor wrote: Wrote Paradise awhile back as i said as way of doing a wonder woman movie in the MOS universe concept-and one of the points i made was well...yes the greek gods made her....but well there godlike aliens(which i never went into but wheren't human like at all) Paradise Island is a pocket dimension, Hipoloyta is a computer. Its Sci Fi.

And i can understand the impulse....introducing magic into a shared universe is a tricky concept, especially becuse if Man of steel is anything its a Science Fiction movie.If they can figure out a way not do that-that works-however i agree i would avoid kryptonians.

three ideas other then aliens.

2. Amazons are a race that is a subspecies of humanity-and that she is an imortal that has been here for ever.

3. Or well she really is human, and the paradise is just a normal island that she comes to but untouched by the normal world.

but well will see.

• shadar
More
15 Oct 2014 19:19 #38527 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Rumor of Movie WW having Kryptonian lineage?
Apparently something is moving. A WW film is now scheduled for 2017 according to the latest press release from WB.

More
15 Oct 2014 20:51 #38529 by shadar
No mention of the Supergirl TV series, but Arrow and Flash are mentioned. Wonder if that means anything?

Woodclaw wrote: Apparently something is moving. A WW film is now scheduled for 2017 according to the latest press release from WB.

• shadar
More
17 Oct 2014 20:46 #38578 by castor
not sure this deserves this own thread but the latest rumor is that there Adding Robin to what is turning out to be a very large cast....the Female Version of Robin.

www.slashfilm.com/batman-v-superman-robin/

Apparently they are talking To Jena Malone--who was in the hunger games movie, which i saw. She was good in that. it wasn't huge role but she made a good impression in it- a better impression at least in the book who i thought her character was a bit one note. But she did well as a traditional female action warrior-played up to an ashole. It was a good performance that showed at times some interesting depth, and physically she did well as someone who looked small but projected big. She whould be great i think in the movie as a robin.....or maybe another role.

Can't think of it at the moment though.

More
17 Oct 2014 22:11 #38579 by shadar
One thing is for sure. With all the plans, we're going to see at one super strong female on prime screens. We've NEVER been this rich in plans from the studios.

• shadar
More
17 Oct 2014 23:17 #38582 by castor

shadar wrote: One thing is for sure. With all the plans, we're going to see at one super strong female on prime screens. We've NEVER been this rich in plans from the studios.

Very very good point Shadar.

And will say this. Never been a super big fan of Cyborg as a acharacter-i like him actually more when he is kind of pathetic then strong. But it is good to hear also that there devoloping an African American Superhero movie as well.

More
18 Oct 2014 22:47 #38587 by jdrock24
Replied by jdrock24 on topic Rumor of Movie WW having Kryptonian lineage?

shadar wrote: One thing is for sure. With all the plans, we're going to see at one super strong female on prime screens. We've NEVER been this rich in plans from the studios.

Agreed. It's cool that a solo Wonder Woman movie has finally been announced. And perhaps this will spur Marvel to get busy with a solo Black Widow or Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) movie.

More
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds