Amount

Barbie in Princess Power (2015)

20 Jan 2015 21:20 #39920 by kobarsos
Barbie in Princess Power (2015) was created by kobarsos
:woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Albais, lowerbase

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kobarsos
  • kobarsos's Avatar Topic Author
More
20 Jan 2015 22:15 #39921 by CDR
Replied by CDR on topic Barbie in Princess Power (2015)
Oh wow!
Awesome!
I dont expect too much from it because it's a kids aimed product but we've come a long way since the original Barbie.
Go Go Girl Power!

More
21 Jan 2015 17:32 #39930 by Agent00Soul
Replied by Agent00Soul on topic Barbie in Princess Power (2015)
Mattel tried a superheroine Barbie back in the 1990s too:

More
21 Jan 2015 20:47 #39936 by Caylane
Replied by Caylane on topic Barbie in Princess Power (2015)
Apparently after a little research, more to the plot is that her jealous cousin captures that thing that kissed her to get superpowers as well, sort of a sibling rivalry thing.

More
21 Jan 2015 22:11 #39937 by Albais
Replied by Albais on topic Barbie in Princess Power (2015)

Agent00Soul wrote: Mattel tried a superheroine Barbie back in the 1990s too:

Well as it seems by that time wasn't only once "Super Doll" to be around on Stores:

BTW nice finding with the clip and waiting to movie and see what it comes about...

More
01 Feb 2015 22:00 #40188 by Albais
And while waiting for movie here's a very interesting clip that is part of a a do yourself comic series that can be found at Barbie.Com in this case first of series. And not only one, can find more info and some interesting stuff as well:

And this is a good one...

More
02 Feb 2015 04:50 #40191 by Brad2
Replied by Brad2 on topic Barbie in Princess Power (2015)
If only we could get actual models at a girl power superheroine site to do those super feats in the Barbie: Princess Power outfit (is that the character's actual name?)...

More
02 Feb 2015 07:30 - 02 Feb 2015 07:30 #40192 by Albais
Yes would be great see that on live ladies but if doesn't come from Fansites can't see it from big ones.
And as a heroine she's called Super Sparkle. Her alter ego name is, yup, Kara...
Last edit: 02 Feb 2015 07:30 by Albais.

More
02 Feb 2015 16:45 - 02 Feb 2015 16:45 #40197 by Agent00Soul
Replied by Agent00Soul on topic Barbie in Princess Power (2015)

Albais wrote: And while waiting for movie here's a very interesting clip that is part of a a do yourself comic series that can be found at Barbie.Com in this case first of series. And not only one, can find more info and some interesting stuff as well:

And this is a good one...

The pop-art style of that clip and the Barbie site are pretty cool actually.
Last edit: 02 Feb 2015 16:45 by Agent00Soul.

More
02 Feb 2015 23:57 #40208 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Barbie in Princess Power (2015)
Well I am glad that this exists.

The Barbie series of CGI movies are from my limited experience.....not very good. The animations terrible(and this trailer isn't any better), its aimed at 5 year olds, etc I doubt doubt that i am ever going to see this.

That said i am glad that there going in this direction with barbie and there specifically marketing toys like this to little girls. Thats something. As conceptual fan of Girlpower, in the more general sence then the websites -if girls have toys that make them feel powerful that they can acomplish things thats something i can get behind. Sure there pinking it up but ehhh, worse things in the world

castor

More
03 Feb 2015 21:41 #40226 by MackTheMouse2
Replied by MackTheMouse2 on topic Barbie in Princess Power (2015)
I watched it and it was moderately tolerable. There were some good moments of displaying both her super powers and her personality - standing on a cloud and looking over the city, batting away falling pipes with little attention to where they were going.

They tried to teach a message about pride and competition being bad, which was done fairly well.

Overall, though, I give it a solid 'meh'. It was definitely aimed at a young audience and contained little drama or realism at all.

Barbie and the Three Musketeers was a much better film all around. Girl power through training rather than random chance, showing off their talents & defeating male opponents, saving the kingdom from a more legitimate threat. Even if you only like super powers, it's worth watching once.

More
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds