Amount

Who do you want....Villians

17 Feb 2015 03:33 - 17 Feb 2015 03:41 #40443 by castor
Who do you want....Villians was created by castor
Thought i would ask a question that is somewhat related.....

We have discussed at least what supeheroine movies we would like to see(some of which we are going to get) -Wonder Woman, Ms. Marvel, Spiderwoman, Etc(feel free to add more).

Which Villians whould you like them to fight? (and also possibly who would you want to play them.

A movie is after all as only as good as a villian:)

My List:

1. Wonder Woman: Dr. Pyscho: Not the most modern of villians but kind of creepy wen done well. Intresting to give her a villian who tests her mind as he is kind of version of Luthor. The obvious anwser for who to play him is Petter Dinklage-which is pretty obvious as hes a spitting image of him from the comics. Also if you want to Throw in a subvillian Cheetah could be a lot of fun.
( Hope they don't go for Hades as i do think thats a touch borring after awhile.)

2. Power Girl- Ultra Humaniate is a good choice for her. Hes good in the comics at being silly, but just serious enough that it works for the kind of adventures she gets in-and he would piss her off. This is almost certainly going to be an all CGI role though-and while its obvious someone like Andy Serkis is pretty good at playing an ape-but also a very posh and mannered Ape.

3. Starfire: Works better sometimes in a group but if they did a solo movie the kind of intresting villaness for her is Blackfire. There both versions of the same coin aliens...-as for an actress for her...hmmm How about someone like Emma Watson- you have options there but someone who looks happy.

4. Batgirl- The best Batgirl stories work i think when there is a sence of a villian who is just outsmarting her and she knows it just off the edge of the surface. I kind of would go for the Riddler. Hes a character i do think would work suprisnlg well in a Nolan Like movie. As for an Actor-how about Matt Smith or a character like him, maybe teaming up with some one big and Scary Like A Killer Croc.

5. Zantana- a fun character who i would think would work well in a movie-but who would she fight? my thought would be someone like the Enchantress which is perhaps just going for the Mirror version of the charact,er but if they went a touch into her backstory could be intresting(shes a former Superheroine who turned evil-for kind of logical ways) as for an Actress-it could be fun for someone like Terresa palmer who has a good likable quality to give her a bit of tragedy.

6. Ms. Marvel-Modok is a really fun character that MCU hasn't done yet-and hes also her archnemeis. Everything she isn't he is pathetic but also menacing and effuse-you would want someone who can do that-i keep going back to someone Patton Oswalt for the part, which is a name i have heard before him to.

7. Silk- the new Marvel Version of Female Spiderman. A fun character-and if your going to go for someone like her give someone like Scorpian who is a good bruiser type character to give her climax a sence of action and adventure. I do always like Vinnie Jones-hes good at playing a big tough guy with the sence that hes just a touch smarter then he lets on.

8. X-23. An intresting character who i hope someday they do something with villian wise. Her obvious choice is her own mother Dr. Kinney-and get a very friendly very sweet older actress-say A Susan Surandon type....

9. She Hulk- People have asking.. when is marvel going to do Titanita. This is the movie to do it. End it with a big slugfest. Someone like Rhonda Rousey might be good for this.

10. Squirrel Girl: All of them. At once. Well you want it to be a threat don't you?

But who do you think? whats your thoughts?

(note: Please don't pick Benderdict Cumberbatch, cause thats way to easy these days)
Last edit: 17 Feb 2015 03:41 by castor.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• castor
  • castor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
17 Feb 2015 15:24 #40444 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Who do you want....Villians
Great topic, good list and I can't add much to your choices, other than say I would choose anyone (Deathbird, Moonstone, etc) but MODOK for Ms M.....always thought he was a stupid villain and trying to pull him off on-screen (or having him accepted by non-mainstream fans) will be an uphill climb, IMO.

Part of the challenge of superheroine movies is their lack of a good Rogue's Gallery (Supergirl vs Lumberjack???). Superman, Batman, and Spiderman have a myriad of great and iconic villains to choose from, but the ladies not so much. Wonder Woman has Cheetah but that is probably the only villain of your list that casual cartoon watchers or comic readers might recognize. Definitely a challenge.....

ElF

castor wrote: Thought i would ask a question that is somewhat related.....

We have discussed at least what supeheroine movies we would like to see(some of which we are going to get) -Wonder Woman, Ms. Marvel, Spiderwoman, Etc(feel free to add more).

Which Villians whould you like them to fight? (and also possibly who would you want to play them.

A movie is after all as only as good as a villian:)

My List:

1. Wonder Woman: Dr. Pyscho: Not the most modern of villians but kind of creepy wen done well. Intresting to give her a villian who tests her mind as he is kind of version of Luthor. The obvious anwser for who to play him is Petter Dinklage-which is pretty obvious as hes a spitting image of him from the comics. Also if you want to Throw in a subvillian Cheetah could be a lot of fun.
( Hope they don't go for Hades as i do think thats a touch borring after awhile.)

2. Power Girl- Ultra Humaniate is a good choice for her. Hes good in the comics at being silly, but just serious enough that it works for the kind of adventures she gets in-and he would piss her off. This is almost certainly going to be an all CGI role though-and while its obvious someone like Andy Serkis is pretty good at playing an ape-but also a very posh and mannered Ape.

3. Starfire: Works better sometimes in a group but if they did a solo movie the kind of intresting villaness for her is Blackfire. There both versions of the same coin aliens...-as for an actress for her...hmmm How about someone like Emma Watson- you have options there but someone who looks happy.

4. Batgirl- The best Batgirl stories work i think when there is a sence of a villian who is just outsmarting her and she knows it just off the edge of the surface. I kind of would go for the Riddler. Hes a character i do think would work suprisnlg well in a Nolan Like movie. As for an Actor-how about Matt Smith or a character like him, maybe teaming up with some one big and Scary Like A Killer Croc.

5. Zantana- a fun character who i would think would work well in a movie-but who would she fight? my thought would be someone like the Enchantress which is perhaps just going for the Mirror version of the charact,er but if they went a touch into her backstory could be intresting(shes a former Superheroine who turned evil-for kind of logical ways) as for an Actress-it could be fun for someone like Terresa palmer who has a good likable quality to give her a bit of tragedy.

6. Ms. Marvel-Modok is a really fun character that MCU hasn't done yet-and hes also her archnemeis. Everything she isn't he is pathetic but also menacing and effuse-you would want someone who can do that-i keep going back to someone Patton Oswalt for the part, which is a name i have heard before him to.

7. Silk- the new Marvel Version of Female Spiderman. A fun character-and if your going to go for someone like her give someone like Scorpian who is a good bruiser type character to give her climax a sence of action and adventure. I do always like Vinnie Jones-hes good at playing a big tough guy with the sence that hes just a touch smarter then he lets on.

8. X-23. An intresting character who i hope someday they do something with villian wise. Her obvious choice is her own mother Dr. Kinney-and get a very friendly very sweet older actress-say A Susan Surandon type....

9. She Hulk- People have asking.. when is marvel going to do Titanita. This is the movie to do it. End it with a big slugfest. Someone like Rhonda Rousey might be good for this.

10. Squirrel Girl: All of them. At once. Well you want it to be a threat don't you?

But who do you think? whats your thoughts?

(note: Please don't pick Benderdict Cumberbatch, cause thats way to easy these days)

More
17 Feb 2015 16:23 #40445 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Who do you want....Villians
Ehh I'll speak up for Modok. If you don't mind the audience laughing about him for about a second hes a good creepy villian, which i think a good actor could really nash his teath in even if its mostly on greenscreen mocaped. If you let him be pathetic he can be very dangerious-to suggest a very briliant mind who you don't want to touch. And would be curious how they would do the visual in live action as the design is really good.

And while your right that most superheroines don't have a well named Rouge Galleries(wonder woman has a bit but not really) One of the real strengths of the MCU is that all of there movies i don't they have had a single villian the average person could have named. A comics guy might know who Ronan or Whiplash-but not really. I mean in Iron Man there first billion dollar hit the archnemesis is Iron Monger who is pretty obscure.

But in a way this helps. Everyone who plays the joker has 70 years of the popular concious in him. Someone playing the Enchantress can just play the part, craft a character and story and let it breath-and hopefully have some fun with making a good evil presence in a movie.

• castor
  • castor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
17 Feb 2015 21:15 - 18 Feb 2015 19:36 #40446 by arvin sloane
Replied by arvin sloane on topic Who do you want....Villians
I wouldn´t like to make a predictible villain figth like "well, She-Hulk has to fight Titania, an evil version of herself with the same powers". I Would rather see Ms Marvel go all the way against someone as powerfull as Thanos.

But I am a Sucker for a big budget, Michael Bayish level of mayhen of a Wonder woman and giganta fight on the middle of a big city >:)

"If you threaten our son again, I'll put my heel through your skull"
Last edit: 18 Feb 2015 19:36 by arvin sloane.

More
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds