Amount

Possible New Female Green Lantern

24 Feb 2015 18:17 #40550 by fats
Possible New Female Green Lantern was created by fats
Green Lantern in DC Cinematic Universe Will Be Portrayed By...Michelle Rodriguez?

Recent reports have Furious 7 star Tyrese Gibson really, REALLY wanting to play the title role in DC/Warner Brothers' upcoming Justice League and Green Lantern films, if they go with John Stewart. But recent signs point to DC/WB going in an entirely different - and surprising - direction for one of their most iconic characters. They point to another Furious 7 star wearing the power ring.

moviepilot.com/posts/2015/02/22/green-la...urce=external,manual

What do you think

Fats

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fats
  • fats's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
24 Feb 2015 18:34 #40551 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Possible New Female Green Lantern

fats wrote: Green Lantern in DC Cinematic Universe Will Be Portrayed By...Michelle Rodriguez?

Recent reports have Furious 7 star Tyrese Gibson really, REALLY wanting to play the title role in DC/Warner Brothers' upcoming Justice League and Green Lantern films, if they go with John Stewart. But recent signs point to DC/WB going in an entirely different - and surprising - direction for one of their most iconic characters. They point to another Furious 7 star wearing the power ring.

moviepilot.com/posts/2015/02/22/green-la...urce=external,manual

What do you think

Fats

I personally cannot STAND Michelle Rodriguez and have no clue what her appeal is, especially considering some of the horror stories that are told of her being on the set. I don't have a problem giving the mantle to a female, but not her.

If they are going to gender-bend a character, I think GL is the perfect character since the Green Lantern Corps is traditionally made up of creatures of every gender, race, color, and species from across the galaxy.

ElF

More
24 Feb 2015 18:56 #40552 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Possible New Female Green Lantern

lfan wrote:

fats wrote: Green Lantern in DC Cinematic Universe Will Be Portrayed By...Michelle Rodriguez?

Fats

I personally cannot STAND Michelle Rodriguez and have no clue what her appeal is, especially considering some of the horror stories that are told of her being on the set. I don't have a problem giving the mantle to a female, but not her.

If they are going to gender-bend a character, I think GL is the perfect character since the Green Lantern Corps is traditionally made up of creatures of every gender, race, color, and species from across the galaxy.

ElF

I personally think shes the embodiment of a particuarly type of female action heroine-tough as nail, hard ass who can smile-and whem she smiles looks pretty enough, and looks good in either a white or black tanktop.

But this is crucially something: Almost never the actual star of the movie. Other then Girlfight(which was an indie movie) she always the woman standing next to the actual hero-Sam Worthington, Vin Diseal-more often then not shes standing in the back row amoung the third or forth character on screen. Shes rarely even the love intrest- shes more then female hardass.

It should be noted that the last Green Lantern Movie was a big flop-which was not entirely its own fault, i think as they made some early desicions special effects wise which doomed it as a moneymaking film. And i have a hard time thinking Warners is that keen to go back there.

And this is kind of what i think. If they go for her-which is possibly. I can't see her getting her own movie.

The idea of A female Hispanic Green Lantern is an interesting one-its also one i doubt there going to give her her own movie.

More
24 Feb 2015 19:16 #40554 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Possible New Female Green Lantern
Oh, she's got the hard-as-nails role down, I agree! It's just a guess which of her myriad of previous roles she'll channel for her next character: perhaps the bad-attitude car driver (Furious) or the bad-attitude police cop (SWAT) or maybe the bad-attitude marine (Battle: Los Angeles) or the bad-attitude plane survivor (Lost). The girl is a chameleon!

To me, she is the female acting equivalent of Tom Cruise (e.g. cocky lawyer, cocky race car driver, cocky pilot, cocky pool player.....)

Just my $.02
ElF

castor wrote:

lfan wrote:

Fats

ElF

I personally think shes the embodiment of a particuarly type of female action heroine-tough as nail, hard ass who can smile-and whem she smiles looks pretty enough, and looks good in either a white or black tanktop.

But this is crucially something: Almost never the actual star of the movie. Other then Girlfight(which was an indie movie) she always the woman standing next to the actual hero-Sam Worthington, Vin Diseal-more often then not shes standing in the back row amoung the third or forth character on screen. Shes rarely even the love intrest- shes more then female hardass.

It should be noted that the last Green Lantern Movie was a big flop-which was not entirely its own fault, i think as they made some early desicions special effects wise which doomed it as a moneymaking film. And i have a hard time thinking Warners is that keen to go back there.

And this is kind of what i think. If they go for her-which is possibly. I can't see her getting her own movie.

The idea of A female Hispanic Green Lantern is an interesting one-its also one i doubt there going to give her her own movie.

More
25 Feb 2015 03:57 #40564 by MackTheMouse2
Replied by MackTheMouse2 on topic Possible New Female Green Lantern
It would be awfully nice if they'd let her be a smug, fun-loving, flirty Hal Jordan type, rather than making her play to her previous roles.

More
25 Feb 2015 09:30 #40568 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Possible New Female Green Lantern
I'm not very excited about this, since I suspect that the casting choice points strongly toward Jessica Cruz a recent addition to the Green Lantern's cast by Geoff Johns. The reason I'm not excited is that the basic premise around her is that she's weak willed, constantly scared, emotionally traumatized and, because of this, she was chosen by the Earth-3 counterpart to the ring, which seek weak willed people to control. :(

More
28 Feb 2015 21:41 #40669 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Possible New Female Green Lantern
You guys just have to read Michelle Rodriguez's answer to this rumor!

www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/michelle-...ern-racial-diversity
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395

More
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds