Amount

Gal Gadot's Progress

04 Mar 2015 14:04 #40745 by lfan
Gal Gadot's Progress was created by lfan
This will probably open the "hate can" again, but here's some progress pics of Gal:

screenrant.com/wonder-woman-gal-gadot-workout-photos/

I personally think she looks great, but then again, I was never in the "WW has to look like a muscular amazon" camp to begin with.....

ElF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
04 Mar 2015 15:33 #40747 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Gal Gadot's Progress
She looks as if "You wouldn't expect her to be strong and kick your ass, but if she did you wouldn't completely unbuy it".

Shes maybe as muscular as Scarlet Johansen in the Avengers movies and that maybe the look there going for. From what has leaked with the script that maybe the roll there going for too. Which is what it is.

More
04 Mar 2015 15:39 #40748 by algae2k
Replied by algae2k on topic Gal Gadot's Progress
She's not one of us: she's an Amazon. She doesn't have to have huge muscles to do her feats.

The second pic shows some tone, but nothing is really "wow"ing me. Still, it's good to see progress, and I think we will be pleased with the end result.

More
04 Mar 2015 15:53 #40750 by Artnico
Replied by Artnico on topic Gal Gadot's Progress
Gal Gadot actually looks better. But she's still far away to play the amazon princess, not a question of muscles, but a matter of curves !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markiehoe

More
04 Mar 2015 17:57 #40753 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Gal Gadot's Progress

Artnico wrote: Gal Gadot actually looks better. But she's still far away to play the amazon princess, not a question of muscles, but a matter of curves !

I agree completely.
She is as thin as a pin.
Give me Wonder Woman with curves any day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Artnico, SCOTT R

More
04 Mar 2015 18:27 #40754 by castor
Just realized that the movie is coming out in just over a year.

Really know that movies take a long time and all...but wow this is taking a long time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markiehoe

More
04 Mar 2015 18:49 #40756 by Markiehoe

castor wrote: Just realized that the movie is coming out in just over a year.

Really know that movies take a long time and all...but wow this is taking a long time.

They have no idea what to do with this movie that's why it's dragging.

Batman vs MoS will make a ton of money but if there is a negative reaction to Wonder Woman I wonder what happens to that movie.

More
04 Mar 2015 19:01 #40757 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Gal Gadot's Progress

Markiehoe wrote:

Artnico wrote: Gal Gadot actually looks better. But she's still far away to play the amazon princess, not a question of muscles, but a matter of curves !

I agree completely.
She is as thin as a pin.
Give me Wonder Woman with curves any day.

Who's to say she won't have some padding under the costume? Special effects people can craft almost anything out of latex and the like. And CGI gets way better every year. Used correctly, and with the proper budget, the combination can reduce the demands on the actor's real physique.

Making her look muscular is probably out of the question. But better endowed and super-perky... not so hard.

I mean, that was done years ago with Angelina Jolie as Lara Croft. That wasn't so horrible, and it can be done far more realistically today. Boobs that really look and move like an Amazon's boobs (depending on what special effects folks or the director think THEY are like -- and that's a whole topic of its own).

Shadar

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
04 Mar 2015 19:08 #40758 by Markiehoe
Why CGI a skinny actress?
Why not just hire a curvy actress and move on with the production.

I have heard that CGI thing about Angelina Jolie for years now.
I distinctly remember reading an interview with her back in the day where she claims they just did it old school and stuffed her bra.
If they were doing CGI they could have done a better job covering her ugly tattoos that kept bleeding through the make up.

It was so bad that in the sequel to Tomb Raider they over dressed her for most of the movie.

More
04 Mar 2015 19:49 #40760 by castor

Markiehoe wrote:

castor wrote: Just realized that the movie is coming out in just over a year.

They have no idea what to do with this movie that's why it's dragging.

Batman vs MoS will make a ton of money but if there is a negative reaction to Wonder Woman I wonder what happens to that movie.

Oh i am guessing why. There doing a ton of CGI. Mayybe even a certain amount of enhancments as shadar mentioned to make her look more impressive. That takes time. A lot of time sometimes. Especially for the kind of God Ray effects they used in Man of Steel and Green Lantern.

Which is kinda the problem. Cause i am entirely sure thats going to make it that intresting. They can kind of feel detached. I am not entirely talking about the uncanny valley- but i suspect the kind of lets fill the entire screen up with cgi buildings exploding and tiny specs of Superman on the screen is going to work all that well or intresting.

Was watching the Trailer for Avengers 2 this morning-which yeah has a tremendious amount of special effects-but for the first time in an avengers trailer gave a lot of shots of the actors and them talking-and that really worked -and it made me intrested in seeing what they where doing. Thats what makes the movie.

In fairness Man of Steel actually had a good number of scenes which where just him talking, and if that wasn't always the most compelling things in the world(Cavil was kind of wooden) it was there-but yeah there were plenty of shots in the climax and the big slugfest that was 100 percent CGI...and thats not good.

I hope they can figure out way to make the action feel like its coming from the characters and that actual battles mean something there. In that sence Wonder Woman is a good character- a good WW action scene is a little close up. But you don't necessairly need giant CGI for that. And all that time.

Castor

More
05 Mar 2015 02:53 #40771 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Gal Gadot's Progress
I think she looks fine here.

I wish she was a tad bit more muscular. I DO like a muscular Wonder Woman, even though I admit that she doesn't HAVE To be, since she's super strong -- muscle size really doesn't matter. I just think Amazons would work out a LOT and should therefore look like REALLY fit women. Though I also think Wonder Woman is NOT just an ordinary Amazon, she's special in some way.

But Gadot at least looks like she's in the range. Like if you put the right effects and acting behind her I won't spend time going "No WAY!". Sure she could be curvier/more muscular. But she IS tall (and therefore imposing) and is pretty. If she can act, she'll do ok. That "if she can act" is the most important.

More
05 Mar 2015 14:50 #40784 by fats
Replied by fats on topic Gal Gadot's Progress

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
06 Mar 2015 14:58 #40805 by jdrock24
Replied by jdrock24 on topic Gal Gadot's Progress
I don't think Gal's WW will be in BM vs SM very much. Probably like Black Widow was in IM 2. Point being that she still has time to add some muscle before the solo WW movie starts filming this fall.

To be honest, I wasn't thrilled when she was first cast because she was so rail thin. However, there is no question that she has made some progress (in her arms anyway) since then.

Regardless, I'm confident that Zach Snyder will make her look bad ass enough for people to be impressed.

More
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds