Amount

Steve Trevor cast

31 Mar 2015 15:53 #41227 by AJF
Steve Trevor cast was created by AJF
To be played by Scott Eastwood. He'll first appear in Suicide Squad before appearing in Wonder Woman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• AJF
  • AJF's Avatar Topic Author
More
31 Mar 2015 16:15 #41228 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Steve Trevor cast

AJF wrote: To be played by Scott Eastwood. He'll first appear in Suicide Squad before appearing in Wonder Woman.

Intresting.

When i wrote Paradise Last year my kind of attempt at Epic Wonder Woman Fan Fiction, it was after going to a convention where people from DC talked about how hard ot was to adopt Wonder Woman to the big Screen. However to my mind the hard part isn't Doing Wonder Woman-shes easy to write for. It was doing Steve Trevor.

I kind of thought actually this entire Wonder Woman in Batman vs Superman was kind of trying to find a way to avoid doing the character-Modern Comics tend to really shy away from him.

But that said Eastwood is a pretty good actor, who has intresting chiseled looks like his father(clint), so lets see.
'
I do think when done well, hes an interesting character who provides perspective on the Wonder Woman story. There is something to be said for the Men in ubergirl stories-they do bring something to the table other then going ooh and ahh.

More
31 Mar 2015 22:56 #41236 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Steve Trevor cast

castor wrote:

AJF wrote: To be played by Scott Eastwood. He'll first appear in Suicide Squad before appearing in Wonder Woman.

Intresting.

When i wrote Paradise Last year my kind of attempt at Epic Wonder Woman Fan Fiction, it was after going to a convention where people from DC talked about how hard ot was to adopt Wonder Woman to the big Screen. However to my mind the hard part isn't Doing Wonder Woman-shes easy to write for. It was doing Steve Trevor.

I kind of thought actually this entire Wonder Woman in Batman vs Superman was kind of trying to find a way to avoid doing the character-Modern Comics tend to really shy away from him.

But that said Eastwood is a pretty good actor, who has intresting chiseled looks like his father(clint), so lets see.
'
I do think when done well, hes an interesting character who provides perspective on the Wonder Woman story. There is something to be said for the Men in ubergirl stories-they do bring something to the table other then going ooh and ahh.

Trevor is back in the DC52. But since "DC52" is pretty much synonymous with "we fucked this up", well....

But in the new history he fell for Diana (but if i recall I don't think she actually dated him, instead she distanced herself from him after he admitted his feelings). But he was the liaison to the JLA for awhile, and I he has past history with "Team 7" translated from Windstorm into the DCU, and he was on the team with Waller, Black Canary, and Slade Wilson. So he has ties into the Suicide Squad milieu. It's a logical way to tie things together. So they'll probably follow along at least a bit in that playbook, and beef up Steve's creds to be hanging around Wonder Woman.

But I think he's problematic, and I'll be interesting to see how he's handled. Personally, considering where she comes from it'd be fair more logical for Wonder Woman to be hitting on Etta Candy, though I doubt that DC would do that in the movie.

Honestly, they really should just make Wonder Woman single and not deal with relationship entanglements. I know that even the Batman Nolan movies had to have their bit of that, but I don't think it's needed in a movie.

More
31 Mar 2015 23:32 #41238 by AuGoose
Replied by AuGoose on topic Steve Trevor cast
At this point its progress just to see them TRY to do something with Diana.

Quick sidebar: TwiceOnThursdays, do you have a link to the source image for your avatar? Silly as it sounds, I like the slippers (just for variety from the long boots).

More
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds