Amount

Obscure superheroine movies

19 Apr 2015 13:27 - 19 Apr 2015 13:28 #41560 by five_red
Obscure superheroine movies was created by five_red
Thought it might be nice to kick off a thread for obscure superheroine appearances on screen, to provide a list for fellow fans who might want to track stuff down. If you come across a references to a rare heroine appearance (that isn't extensively documented on the web already, so Darna etc. doesn't count) then document what you know here -- maybe other fans will be able to track some video down. Who know, if enough people contribute to this thread then perhaps it might even qualify as useful enough to become a sticky(?)

Wander Woman Si Ako

Attachment 2801216-1.jpg not found

So I'll kick of with Maria Teresa Carlson as "Wander Woman" in Wander Woman Si Ako, a 1980 Filipino movie based, judging by the picture, on Wonder Woman. Very likely inspired by the Lynda Carter tv show of that same era. Carlson was an actress and former beauty queen who appeared in a number of comedy and action roles around that time -- sadly she committed suicide in 2001 after allegedly suffering years of abuse from her husband.

I've looked, and there doesn't appear to be much data on Wander Woman online. However, one visitor to this YT channel that uploads old Filipino movies very recently left a comment requesting Wander Woman be uploaded... so fingers crossed.

Komics: Alpha Omega Girl

The next obscure superheroine is also from the Philippines, but a bit more recent. Alpha Omega Girl is a one off superheroine who appeared as part of the Komics tv show -- season 2, episode 11 (2006). The series features a number of superheros translated from comicbook sources, including another heroine called Lightning Roda (season 2, episode 3.) A low quality segment from Alpha Omega Girl's episode is available on YouTube .

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 19 Apr 2015 13:28 by five_red.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Albais, SCOTT R

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• five_red
  • five_red's Avatar Topic Author
More
19 Apr 2015 13:57 #41562 by Helstar
Replied by Helstar on topic Obscure superheroine movies
Ah, Philippines are a gold mine. They started making superheroines movies/tv-series already in 50s (!) and never stopped. The list is endless, from Darna (the most famous superheroine) to all those little unknown Komiks episodes. Hard to find stuff... except most of the Darna movies and (recent) tv-series which are quite easy to find.

More
19 Apr 2015 14:58 #41564 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Obscure superheroine movies
Super Klenk....*sigh* :)

ElF
The following user(s) said Thank You: SCOTT R

More
19 Apr 2015 15:25 #41565 by five_red
Replied by five_red on topic Obscure superheroine movies
Let me add a few superheroine shows from Japanese kids tv. These are kids shows, so the level of violence is on a par with the 70s Isis, Wonder Woman or Bionic Woman shows. Although these are well known to many dedicated heroine followers (for example many of the Giga heroines are heavily based on these shows), there's often precious little video of them in the West or available from the English speaking parts of the Web. Some of these shows have been uploaded to Japanese equivalents to YouTube, but unfortunately the content is region locked and cannot be played outside of certain countries.

好き!すき!!魔女先生

Late 1960 / early 1970s. A young woman with magical abilities arrives in Japan and becomes a school teacher. She uses her magic to secretly help her pupils and fight monsters (seems to be a bit like a mix of the Bionic Woman and Bewitched!) In later episodes (season 2?) she transforms into a masked crime fighting costume whenever she goes into combat. Not sure in any of these were shown outside of Japan as the series doesn't appear to have alternative names. A couple of Dailymotion examples...

www.dailymotion.com/video/x95r96_tv-%E3%...%E5%9B%9E_shortfilms
www.dailymotion.com/video/x11ov5o_%E5%A5...85%EF%BD%8F_creation

Bishoujo Kamen Poitrine

1980s A young Japanese girl is given a superpowered identity by a god after she prays at a shrine. The twist is, if anyone learns of her secret identity she will be transformed into a frog. Episodes vary from fighting gangsters, to supernatural villains. In the second season Poitrine acquires a junior sidekick, and a regular supervillain who appears in many episodes. All 52 episodes are available here -- switch from SD to VLD if you want the videos to stream smoothly.

en.channel.pandora.tv/channel/video.ptv?...egid=36009662&page=2

A spoof followup was made many years later, with the same (supposedly) girl now grown up into a middle aged housewife and mother, still fighting crime and monsters as a masked heroine. It goes by the name of "La Belle Fille Masquée Poitrine" or "美少女仮面ポワトリン" or "Bishōjo Kamen Powatorin" or "Socialite Belle Panchanne: The Wife Is a Superheroine!" Episodes of this are available on YT and elsewhere.

Mahou Shoujo Chuuka na Paipai! -- aka "魔法少女ちゅうかなぱいぱい!" or "Mahō Shōjo Chūka na Pai Pai!" ... translates as Magical Chinese Girl Pai Pai!

Late 1980s. A young teenage girl with magical abilities finds herself in Japan. She disguises herself as a regular girl and is adopted by a family who (it seems) are unaware of her true nature. She uses her magic powers to help the family, and (by transforming into a red costume) fights crime and monsters. Here's a few videos -- switch from SD to VLD if you want the videos to stream smoothly. She usually doesn't switch into her action/combat outfit until the final part of the episode:

en.channel.pandora.tv/channel/video.ptv?...egid=36009662&page=1

Most(?) of the episodes are on www.nicovideo.jp but they are region locked.

Mahou Shoujo Chukana Ipanema -- aka "魔法少女ちゅうかないぱねま!" or "Mahō Shōjo Chūka na Ipanema!" ... translates as Magical Chinese Girl Ipanema!

Late 1980s / early 1990s. What do you do when the title actress in your series doesn't want to return for another season? Well you recast the part, and revamp the show as a sequel to the original by claiming a second superherojne has also shown up in Japan in similar circumstances. Yet again a princess with magical powers hides herself as an everyday teenager, and is adopted by a Japanese family who seem unaware that she's secretly fighting crime etc. If you scout about you'll find a few videos available for the first three episodes, plus assorted low qualify clips on sites like DailyMotion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SCOTT R, Agent00Soul, Monty

• five_red
More
19 Apr 2015 15:27 #41566 by five_red

lfan wrote: Super Klenk....*sigh* :)

ElF

Just give it up lfan, it's never gonna happen. Never gonna happen, my friend... :)

R5

• five_red
More
19 Apr 2015 16:56 #41567 by lfan

five_red wrote:

lfan wrote: Super Klenk....*sigh* :)

ElF

Just give it up lfan, it's never gonna happen. Never gonna happen, my friend... :)

R5

Hehe :)

More
20 Apr 2015 05:20 #41575 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Obscure superheroine movies
Hmmmm

Darklight

This is a Us Bulgarian co production thats debuted on the Sci Fi Network in about 2004. Its more of A buffy Clone then A superhero movie but okay. Its Stars Shirl Apply as an amnesiac the Biblical Lilith who has incredible strength and agility, all while doing looking kind of bewilidered as she turned into a heroine by a semi religious orginzation and forced to fight a decently having fun John De Lance. Apply and Richard Burgi as her handler are the reasons to watch it- Apply is actually pretty good as a very small very petite badass who you can see gradually come into her own-Burgi is good as he often is as a man whose lost his way and is trying to find it-however the movie is poorly plotted, the effects are dececentish but nothing special....and the writing ehhhh. but well maybe if your interested

Demolitionist

This is perhaps more of a robocop clone but well if your into that its not bad. Nicole Egbert plays a young woman turned into a robot cop..in order to fight crime in the near future. Shes not bad when shes in it, but the effects are pretty cheep and the script seems dedicated to not changing much after the initial setup which means thers not a lot of stakes-this is a cheep exploitation movie...and ehhh Richard Grieco.

Silver Hawk

This is more of a Batman Clone, but actually decently budgeted Hong Kong one with Michelle Yeoh done after Crotching Tiger Hidden Dragon. This has some pretty good camera work and sets, and action if its more martial arts then anything its well done. Yeoh knows how to do a fight scene, and in her scenes as a heroine who seems to be motivated 90 percent by fun it has a good sence of pace and playfullness-though like a lot of hong kong movies the plot such as it is feels a bit of an after thought, and doesn't feel very attached to it. . Not the greatest movie ever, but not bad.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SCOTT R, Markiehoe

More
20 Apr 2015 11:00 - 20 Apr 2015 11:03 #41579 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Obscure superheroine movies

I am a big fan of Silverhawk!
It's a fun movie with an incredibly likable superheroine.
No "Angst" here.
She smiles and actually likes fighting crime.
She is put in dangerous situations but there is no peril.
Lots of humor.
At the end of the movie Silverhawk tries like hell to save the life of the villain.
Now THAT is a hero.

This message has attachments images.

Last edit: 20 Apr 2015 11:03 by Markiehoe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SCOTT R, five_red

More
20 Apr 2015 21:34 #41592 by Agent00Soul
Replied by Agent00Soul on topic Obscure superheroine movies

Helstar wrote: Ah, Philippines are a gold mine. They started making superheroines movies/tv-series already in 50s (!) and never stopped. The list is endless, from Darna (the most famous superheroine) to all those little unknown Komiks episodes. Hard to find stuff... except most of the Darna movies and (recent) tv-series which are quite easy to find.

I've got this one in my collection. "Super B" starring Rufa Mae Quinto.

Quinto plays an impoverished but good hearted teen who discovers a ring that makes her a superheroine. As a human, she is shy and quiet and as when powered up she seems quite the jokester a la Spider-Man. I can't tell for sure since I don't know Tagalog, but it seems to be played strictly for laughs. The villains are two horticulture obsessed pop singers called The Flower Pot Girls if I recall and the transformation sequences really make fun of the Sailor Moon type of choreographed, drawn-out change.

This message has an attachment image.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Albais, SCOTT R, five_red, Markiehoe

More
21 Apr 2015 00:25 #41600 by Brad2
Replied by Brad2 on topic Obscure superheroine movies
I've seen Silver Hawk_she was great! Virtuous superheroine, and very attractive. Not familiar with Super B. Would love to find a place online where I can watch it! :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markiehoe

More
21 Apr 2015 09:40 - 21 Apr 2015 16:28 #41613 by SCOTT R
Replied by SCOTT R on topic Obscure superheroine movies
THE SUPERTWINS...Here are two more hot superchicks from the Philippines...lots of superbreath action and they fly and are very strong.

www.dailymotion.com/video/x1ipni_super-twins-15_people

I wanna see SuperKlenk so bad!
Last edit: 21 Apr 2015 16:28 by SCOTT R.

More
21 Apr 2015 18:34 #41618 by Andy T
Replied by Andy T on topic Obscure superheroine movies
Ultra (2006)

A single superhero juggles her crime-fighting career with the demands of her active social life.

More
21 Apr 2015 20:13 #41620 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Obscure superheroine movies

Andy T wrote: Ultra (2006)

A single superhero juggles her crime-fighting career with the demands of her active social life.

An unrealeased pilot. Almost impossible to find.

Funny as it has Peter dinklage and Lena Heady pre-game of thrones. And it is weird seeing her young and flighty after Sarah Conner and cersei lannister.

More
21 Apr 2015 21:34 #41624 by lfan

TwiceOnThursdays wrote:

Funny as it has Peter dinklage and Lena Heady pre-game of thrones. And it is weird seeing her young and flighty after Sarah Conner and cersei lannister.

Had a nice scene of Lena lifting a trailer tractor off a car.... :). Kinda deviates from the series a bit. I always thought the theme was kinda Sex in The City with Superpowers, but Pearl's (and I think they used a different name) relationships with the other girls are never mentioned, much less explored.

ElF

More
21 Apr 2015 23:17 #41627 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Obscure superheroine movies

lfan wrote:

TwiceOnThursdays wrote:

Had a nice scene of Lena lifting a trailer tractor off a car.... :). Kinda deviates from the series a bit. I always thought the theme was kinda Sex in The City with Superpowers, but Pearl's (and I think they used a different name) relationships with the other girls are never mentioned, much less explored.

ElF

I really enjoyed the super strength. And the hint that her BF just booked it. He obviously doesn't share our fascination. ;-)

I enjoyed watching it, and I'd liked to have seen where it went. Also the "Cryptic Man" was an actor from the British show Coupling, I enjoyed that. And, as and oddity, I'd had this around on my HD for a while and forgot to watch it. I watched Grabbers the other night, and then remembered I'd finally copied Ultra to my Plex drive, and watched it. He's in both of those, and I randomly watched each of them unaware that he was in either. And then it's mentioned here two days later. Weird how synchronicity works out.

The comic it's based off the Luna Brothers comic Ultra is very nice, and her relationship with her friends was a strong part of the story, I wondered if they kept the show up if they'd have brought the others in. She also couldn't fly, which she can in the comic. I'd say it was "cheaper" not to have her fly, but she "flies" in the pilot. I need to re-read it, as it's quite fun. Really nice set of covers for the comic too (each one is like the cover of a magazine -- time/Cosmo, etc). I'd think that people on this site would likely enjoy the comic -- well if you're looking for mostly the kryptonian super-set. It's on comixology (if you swing that way), or the graphic novel collection can be easily had at amazon/any comic book store (The GN is "Ultra: Seven Days").

Speaking of the comic, the other Luna comics are pretty good too, The Sword wasn't as good as Ultra, but its ok, with a fair amount of Super-feme action (though she also gets beat to hell). It's far longer though. And I'm enjoying Alex and Ada, though in a different way from Ultra. It's probably one of the better comics out there, it's just a bit slow at times. It fits the story though (if you are showing psychological effects this takes a few panels to convey things over time). I'd say it'd really work well in a collection.

More
22 Apr 2015 08:46 #41629 by SCOTT R
ELECTRA (1996)

More
22 Apr 2015 13:15 #41630 by Helstar
Replied by Helstar on topic Obscure superheroine movies
This movie is superlame :laugh: but Shannon Tweed in that costume is absolutely gorgeous :P

This image is hidden for guests.

More
22 Apr 2015 14:53 #41632 by Andy T
Replied by Andy T on topic Obscure superheroine movies
just a shame the didn't follow it with a sequel

More
22 Apr 2015 14:59 #41633 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Obscure superheroine movies
The Heroic Trio

A Hong Kong action movie back from 1992, its the story of three superheroines(well One Superheroine Wonder Woman[not copyright] and actually nothign like the dc heroine ) dealing with a costumed mercenary Thief Catcher, and slowly reforming Criminal(the Invsibile Women), all of whom have incredibly detailed plots and stories, that kinda work together in this sprawling kinda epic movie. Anita Mui as Wonder Woman in particular is pretty good as someone who desperatly wants to tell her husband whats going on but can't quite, and i like Maggie Chungs kind of goofy nothing is my fault theif catcher Though. Micheal Yeoh as the invisible Women gets a little melodramatic. The action is good, though the costumes and the film overall look a little muddy I will also say the last 10 minutes gets a little silly, but well its a good one overall

(this is a hong kong movie and the english dub changes a lot)

there is also a sequal which i will admit i haven't seen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SCOTT R, rednecko

More
22 Apr 2015 15:38 - 22 Apr 2015 15:41 #41634 by Monty
Replied by Monty on topic Obscure superheroine movies

Helstar wrote: This movie is superlame :laugh: but Shannon Tweed in that costume is absolutely gorgeous :P

This image is hidden for guests.

The guys girlfriend is also a hot babe who is granted superpowers herself....she glows a sort of bright red when she becomes superpowered..
Last edit: 22 Apr 2015 15:41 by Monty.

More
23 Apr 2015 02:32 #41640 by slim36
Replied by slim36 on topic Obscure superheroine movies
www.burkaavenger.com/ may have been covered here before. a en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burka_Avenger Burka Avenger is a multi-award winning[2][3] Pakistani animated television series created and directed by famous Pakistani rock star and social activist, Aaron Haroon Rashid (AKA Haroon).[4] It was produced at Unicorn Black Studios in Islamabad, Pakistan and currently airs on Geo Tez of Geo Network TV. The show features Jiya, an "inspirational teacher"[5] whose alter ego is a burka-wearing superheroine. Jiya uses "Takht Kabaddi", a special martial art that incorporates books and pens, to fight crime. "Smart, colorful and provocative, this Pakistani-produced television program about a super-heroine sends a clear message about female empowerment that has the potential to affect an entire generation.“[3] The Urdu language series first aired on 28 July 2013. It will also be aired in India on ZeeQ. [6]

she fights polio vaccine thieves
The following user(s) said Thank You: SCOTT R, Markiehoe

More
23 Apr 2015 02:57 #41641 by SCOTT R
DEVIL GIRL FROM MARS...A smoking hot alien chick with supermind powers and is also bulletproof invades a pub in the UK along with her giant, badass robot. And, check it out; the British dudes do not, I repeat, do not want to travel back to her home planet to breed with her race of superwomen! Those wild and crazy British!!!

vimeo.com/20281651
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markiehoe, Agent00Soul

More
23 Apr 2015 03:15 - 23 Apr 2015 03:19 #41642 by Monty
Replied by Monty on topic Obscure superheroine movies
Mary Anne (Katie Griffin) just before she receives her powers....

from Electra...

Last edit: 23 Apr 2015 03:19 by Monty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SCOTT R, Agent00Soul, cwmoss

More
25 Apr 2015 12:04 #41658 by five_red
Another hidden treasure from the Philippines ...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Komiks_Presents:_Dragonna

Dragonna was a short lives 2009 series, 8 episodes, about a young woman who can turn into a flame-throwing superheroine whenever she becomes angry.

R5

• five_red
More
29 Apr 2015 14:58 #41704 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Obscure superheroine movies
Invasion of the Star Creatures

These to Amazons are both Super strong and really tall.
They come to Earth to pave the way for an invasion but fall in love with a couple of G.I.s and wind up saving the day.

Have i mentioned these women are really tall?

The following user(s) said Thank You: eromacque, SCOTT R, Agent00Soul

More
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds