Amount

Obscure superheroine movies

27 Dec 2019 17:17 - 27 Dec 2019 18:11 #66092 by five_red
Replied by five_red on topic Obscure superheroine movies
(TL;DR: there's some video clip links at the end that hopefully will be worth a few thank yous...)

Time to give an annual update on the hunt for obscure superheroine shows and movies. :)

My friends, on the whole it has been a positive year, and the immediate future looks bright. In the last 18 months many superheroine shows previously thought unobtainable have started to surface thanks to content owners in places such as Indonesia and The Philippines starting to put entire runs of old series online. We can but hope that this continues -- who knows, one day we may be able to glimpse a few moments of that most mythical of beasts, Super Klenk (a show I know some of you have suggested is mere fable and folklore.)

In Japan, TOEI has continued putting up episodes of its 'comedy heroines' superheroine shows onto YouTube. Currently it has episodes of うたう!大龍宮城 (Utau! Dai Ryugujo) up, which admittedly is the weakest of the 'comedy heroines' shows from a superhero perspective, but worth seeing merely for completeness. Next year expect 有言実行三姉妹シュシュトリアン (Yugen Jikkou Sisters Chouchoutrian) to become available. (You'll need a VPN or proxy located in Japan to see them.)

Sadly I found out too late that the entire run of the Filipino show Krystala appears to have been put up onto Jeepney TV's streaming service. It has subsequently been taken down, but hopefully the channel will reshow it, giving us a chance to see more episodes.

In Indonesia Indosiar and MVP have been putting up entire runs of old shows. Indosiar has recently been adding all 150+ episodes of its ultra-low budget early 90s kids superheroine show, Saras 008, to vidio.com. Meanwhile MVP has put up both seasons of Panji Manusia Millenium onto its MVP Hits channel on YouTube. Previously I was unaware that a second season existed, and thought that the show ended abruptly on a cliffhanger. When I began to watch the second season I discovered all my hopes had come true: the mysterious superheroine sidekick Putri Rubi is a regular character and appears in almost every episode (she joined in episode 60 of season one, if you want to track down her appearances, although she spends the first few episodes in her glamorous secret identity only.)

Putri Rubi is basically a bit like Batman, except in red and with high heels, Sometimes the show uses her for laughs, sometimes (later in the run) she gets involved in the fighting and demonstrates a wider range of abilities. By the end of S2 she's reasonably formidable. Here's a few clips:

(1)  Abducted  (1x77)
(2)  Street fight  (2x07)
(3)  Vs. a super villain  (2x10)

Looking to the future, we can only hope that the trend of non-English broadcasters putting up old shows online continues. The Philippines particularly has several superheroine soap operas that ran for dozens or hundreds of episodes (Darna 2005, Darns 2009, Varga, Krystala, etc...) Often all we have of them is poor VHS quality clips or odd episodes, so the prospect of seeing them in reasonable quality is welcomed.

Keep a look out..!!! If you see a show get put up online, post a message on this thread. Even if a show is restricted inside a particular streaming service, or locked to only a particular country domain, there are sometimes ways of getting access so that clips can be enjoyed by a wider audience.

EDIT: Putri Rubi apparently translates as Ruby Princess. So now we know. :)

R5
Last edit: 27 Dec 2019 18:11 by five_red.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, Helstar, SCOTT R, kikass2014, q7w9a4s6z13, RD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• five_red
  • five_red's Avatar Topic Author
More
27 Dec 2019 18:08 - 27 Dec 2019 19:05 #66093 by Helstar
Replied by Helstar on topic Obscure superheroine movies
Damn ! I need Krystala again, one of my HDs (a 3TB seagate aka SHITgate... don't buy this brand) broke and I lost a lot of stuff including that serie (which I had most episodes, in reasonable quality)

Need to check the others as well. Saras 008 i already knew, super-campy but i like it :D
Last edit: 27 Dec 2019 19:05 by Helstar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: five_red, Brad2

More
27 Dec 2019 18:39 - 27 Dec 2019 18:43 #66095 by five_red

Helstar wrote: Damn ! I need Krystala again, my HD (3tb seagate aka shitgate... don't buy this crappy brand) broke and i lost a lot of stuff including that one (i had most episodes, in reasonable quality)  ;_;

Need to check the others as well. Saras 008 i knew that one, really super-campy but i like it :D

I think one of the problems here is that collectors don't inform each other of what they've got. These shows are copyrighted materials, so I don't recommend dumping stuff up publicly. At the same time, they are often damn near impossible to get through legitimate means, even in their countries of origin. As such I've occasionally traded material via private file upload sites (like Mega) with specific individuals to help other enthusiasts fill in their collections, and (in return) to help fill in gaps in my own. I trade intelligence on shows too, so fellow collectors become aware of what's out there. But this only works if collectors know who has what, and who is is looking for what. (A nice bonus is if your hard disk goes kapput, you know other people who can send you back your own files. But: always back up your hard disks -- the price of good quality 2Tb USB drive these days is trivial.)

R5
Last edit: 27 Dec 2019 18:43 by five_red.

• five_red
More
27 Dec 2019 18:48 #66096 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Obscure superheroine movies

Helstar wrote: Damn ! I need Krystala again, one of my HDs (a 3TB seagate aka SHITgate... don't buy this brand) broke and I lost a lot of stuff including that serie (which I had most episodes, in reasonable quality)  ;_;

Need to check the others as well. Saras 008 i already knew, super-campy but i like it :D

I spent a lot of years working in the rotating media (aka hard disk drive) business, and today, I don't own a single one of them. And never will again.

On any given month for any given product, every disk drive company turns out shit, and the high-capacity, low cost stuff sold to consumers are the absolute bottom of the barrel. OEM's get the best stuff.

SSD might be more expensive, but with high likelihood, you'll always get your data back. With rotating media, it's a given that they will ALL fail, Just a matter of time. 

BTW... they follow the bathtub curve for reliability. High failure rate when they are new (under a year) and high failure rate when they are old (varies on usage, but usually after 3 or 4 years).  Not as bad in the middle (floor of the bathtub).

But why would anyone put something you really want on a device that will likely loose it? Archiving data for long-term storage on rotating media is the nuttiest thing of all. You have to keep multiple copies on different drives, preferably three different physical units. That's crazy when you think about it. 

An interesting thought... in the distant future, when archeologists want to study the past and discover how we lived and what we thought, they are going to find that our entire culture has erased itself. No ancient scrolls or stone tablets. Only our impossible-to-decompose plastic garbage will remain. I wonder what they will conclude about us?

Shadar

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
28 Dec 2019 00:33 - 28 Dec 2019 01:26 #66105 by Brad2
Replied by Brad2 on topic Obscure superheroine movies
I'm actually looking for the Krystala series, too.  I don't want every single episode (not right away, anyway), but I'd like to see a couple of full episodes to see what its like.  Same goes for that Super Juffie movie.

On Krystala, does anyone have any thoughts on this site?

watchfullmovie.xyz/tv/4578

They're claiming to have Krystala episodes, but I don't trust them wanting a credit card (I get that they don't trust me, but they seem to be saying I should trust them with that info) or that they list it as having 0 episodes.

So is this a viable site or a dead end?  Any thoughts?
Last edit: 28 Dec 2019 01:26 by five_red. Reason: Make link safe

More
28 Dec 2019 01:21 - 28 Dec 2019 01:35 #66106 by five_red

Brad2 wrote: So is this a viable site or a dead end?  Any thoughts?

Short answer: no (it's a dead end.)

Long answer: noooooooooooo!

These sites just harvest names of movies and tv shows from IMDB then create bogus search-bait pages for them, either to attract ad revenue, or to fool people into handing over their credit card details. The mindlessness with which they spit out generic pages for each show is frequently amusing. They'll often tout 4K or HD quality for classic tv shows shot on videotape in the 1970s. Or they'll list running times that are hilariously inaccurate: every movie will be assigned 92 minutes and every tv show 52 minutes per episode (as they don't have access to the real data.)

For anyone trying to find genuine information on rare shows they are a pain the the backside, as they spam search results even if you aren't looking for videos to watch or download. 

(EDIT: If I can remember (if!!), I'll put up one or two episodes of Krystala in sub-VHS quality, and send you the link privately via chat. In the meantime you can have a look at a blog post I wrote on the series some time back .)

R5
Last edit: 28 Dec 2019 01:35 by five_red.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, Helstar, Brad2, RD

• five_red
More
31 Dec 2019 16:04 #66139 by Ricky89
Replied by Ricky89 on topic Obscure superheroine movies
I look for Volta(Pinoy TV series, not the movie) and Cybergirl (Australian TV series).

More
31 Dec 2019 17:01 #66141 by Helstar
Replied by Helstar on topic Obscure superheroine movies
I found that (luckily short) Volta serie really atrocious, pretty much like the movie (or maybe worse). Do you have Kapitan Aksiyon Komiks single episode ?

More
31 Dec 2019 18:41 #66145 by five_red

Ricky89 wrote: I look for [...] Cybergirl (Australian TV series).

Specific episodes, or whole series?

R5

• five_red
More
31 Dec 2019 23:33 #66158 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Obscure superheroine movies
I've got a 12 Disk NAS on Raid 5ish.  Not sure I could store all my data online without big monthly bills.  They all die so I just let the NAS keep things humming along.  And you never know, I could have the whole thing go up in smoke someday.  

• Sarge395
More
01 Jan 2020 02:46 #66161 by Ricky89
The series

More
01 Jan 2020 18:45 #66171 by Ricky89
Or also only episode 18-19

More
02 Jan 2020 05:01 #66175 by edfer
Replied by edfer on topic Obscure superheroine movies
hello I have the first 3 episodes of krystala only that in quality not very good and without subtitles I put them at the disposal of the group I only need to upload them to some clear server if this does not violate the laws of the group greetings and happy new year !!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: aguilauno, Brad2

More
02 Jan 2020 07:37 #66178 by fats
Replied by fats on topic Obscure superheroine movies

edfer wrote: hello I have the first 3 episodes of krystala only that in quality not very good and without subtitles I put them at the disposal of the group I only need to upload them to some clear server if this does not violate the laws of the group greetings and happy new year !!!

As long as the content is not protected by copyright you can share if it is protected by copyright then no.

Fats

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
19 Jan 2020 05:47 - 19 Jan 2020 06:58 #66478 by clipfreak
Replied by clipfreak on topic Obscure superheroine movies
Been a long time since I posted on the site, nut this thread gave me a good reason.

Anyway been checking some of the shows mentioned here and stumbled across some kind of teen wolf like show on youtube called Manusia Harimau

At first it looked like  guys only stuff but there are at least two female wolves and one of them breaks free from some heavy chains in ep 68

edit: another chain break in ep 105

Some other YT show with occasional feats i know of are FIR and Trideviyaan all of thwm are legally on there as far i can tell

Anyhow just wanted to give back and maybe start a 'scanning' team to find all the strength bits in these shows.
Last edit: 19 Jan 2020 06:58 by clipfreak. Reason: addition
The following user(s) said Thank You: steelknight3000, five_red

More
19 Jan 2020 12:23 #66479 by five_red

clipfreak wrote: Been a long time since I posted on the site, nut this thread gave me a good reason.

Anyway been checking some of the shows mentioned here and stumbled across some kind of teen wolf like show on youtube called Manusia Harimau

At first it looked like  guys only stuff but there are at least two female wolves and one of them breaks free from some heavy chains in ep 68

edit: another chain break in ep 105

Some other YT show with occasional feats i know of are FIR and Trideviyaan all of thwm are legally on there as far i can tell

Anyhow just wanted to give back and maybe start a 'scanning' team to find all the strength bits in these shows.

In a similar vein, ป่านางเสือ1 is a Thai show about a team (with at least one woman) who can call upon tiger spirit powers in times of emergency. There's no real costumes, except they dress in black and wear tiger eye masks, and the action largely involves super-powered running, leaping, and martial arts (although admittedly I only sampled a couple of episodes.) Numerous episodes on YT.

R5
The following user(s) said Thank You: steelknight3000

• five_red
More
27 Jan 2020 06:52 #66644 by clipfreak
Replied by clipfreak on topic Obscure superheroine movies
Anyone know what movie this clip is from

Super Strength - Chinese Strong Fight

Or any non titled clip from the same channel for that matter
The following user(s) said Thank You: SCOTT R, rednecko

More
29 Jun 2021 15:16 - 29 Jun 2021 15:18 #71631 by SCOTT R
Replied by SCOTT R on topic Obscure superheroine movies
HUNDRA

In my never ending quest for SuperChick action I found this. I can't believe it's taken me this long to discover this film. She can't fly and she can be hurt. But it doesn't matter cuz her superstrength, disposition and overall incredible hotness more than make up for it. Fantastic!!

Last edit: 29 Jun 2021 15:18 by SCOTT R.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SHTL, Sarge395, Markiehoe, Slim0926

More
29 Jun 2021 16:15 #71632 by Tanafen
Replied by Tanafen on topic Obscure superheroine movies
Video not available in your country

More
29 Jun 2021 22:42 #71634 by www1969
Replied by www1969 on topic Obscure superheroine movies

HUNDRA

In my never ending quest for SuperChick action I found this. I can't believe it's taken me this long to discover this film. She can't fly and she can be hurt. But it doesn't matter cuz her superstrength, disposition and overall incredible hotness more than make up for it. Fantastic!!

Like so many others, just fine until she starts talking.

More
29 Jun 2021 23:14 #71635 by ballen
Replied by ballen on topic Obscure superheroine movies
Any particular feats of strength of note and location in film (hh:mm:ss) for us to see?

More
03 Jul 2021 22:22 #71662 by canarysong
Replied by canarysong on topic Obscure superheroine movies
Hundra is one of the great female action movies of the 80s. Not sure I would necessarily describe it as a superheroine fiilm though - the main character has no superpowers and the film is obviously inspired by "Conan the Barbarian" (although much better than that film despite a far smaller budget).

Laurene Landon is great as the heroine - confident, tough, sassy - and the chicken leg scene is a classic! There's also a good Ennio Morricone score.

More
12 Jul 2021 20:56 #71760 by KAP
Replied by KAP on topic Obscure superheroine movies
Brief scene in garage babes where 2 girls lift the front end of a cadillac up while the other changes the oil.

More
13 Jul 2021 20:57 #71775 by SuquinDeLaranja
Replied by SuquinDeLaranja on topic Obscure superheroine movies
what is this scene i can't find her

More
14 Jul 2021 14:08 #71781 by KAP
Replied by KAP on topic Obscure superheroine movies
Around 15 min in

More
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds