Amount

Superman is wearing Kara's uniform

22 Jun 2015 01:50 #42867 by shadar
Superman is wearing Kara's uniform was created by shadar
Here's a mind-bending bit of comic-geek-think that I've come across in my travels:

1) The pre-Man of Steel comic book had Kara crashing on Earth 18,000 years ago. She alone survives the crash in the polar regions. She leaves the ship and walks off into a blizzard, wearing all white clothing.

2) The Man of Steel movie shows her ship inside the ice in current time, with mummified bodies in all life support pods except one, which is open. Obviously Kara's.

3) A Kryptonian uniform is hanging next to her open pod, made of marvelous fabric with an "S' on the chest. Clark Kent puts it on, and it adapts perfectly to his size (per the MOS book).

Guess what... he's wearing Kara's uniform.

Shadar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• shadar
  • shadar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
09 Jul 2015 19:06 #43085 by brantley
Replied by brantley on topic Superman is wearing Kara's uniform
So that's why she has to make herself a new outfit? :)

--Brantley

More
09 Jul 2015 19:26 #43087 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Superman is wearing Kara's uniform

brantley wrote: So that's why she has to make herself a new outfit? :)

--Brantley

I wrote that to illustrate the short-comings of re-imagining old stories without thinking everything through. The reason, of course, that it has to be her uniform and not one of the dead crewmen's is that it has the symbol of the house of El, on the chest, their so-called Coat of Arms. Nobody else on her survey ship was from the El family.

• shadar
More
09 Jul 2015 21:38 #43088 by fats
Replied by fats on topic Superman is wearing Kara's uniform

shadar wrote: Here's a mind-bending bit of comic-geek-think that I've come across in my travels:

1) The pre-Man of Steel comic book had Kara crashing on Earth 18,000 years ago. She alone survives the crash in the polar regions. She leaves the ship and walks off into a blizzard, wearing all white clothing.

2) The Man of Steel movie shows her ship inside the ice in current time, with mummified bodies in all life support pods except one, which is open. Obviously Kara's.

3) A Kryptonian uniform is hanging next to her open pod, made of marvelous fabric with an "S' on the chest. Clark Kent puts it on, and it adapts perfectly to his size (per the MOS book).

Shadar

So what you are saying is, Superman is a crossdresser.

FAts

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
09 Jul 2015 21:44 #43089 by Monty
Replied by Monty on topic Superman is wearing Kara's uniform
Well he does wear tights...

More
09 Jul 2015 22:59 #43092 by shadar

fats wrote:

shadar wrote: Here's a mind-bending bit of comic-geek-think that I've come across in my travels:

Shadar

So what you are saying is, Superman is a crossdresser.

FAts

Yup... and the sad part is that he doesn't even know it.

• shadar
More
10 Jul 2015 14:28 #43104 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Superman is wearing Kara's uniform

Shadar

I'm not 100% sure about this, because I watched only the dubbed version of Man of Steel, but I don't seem to recall that the 'S' shield was ever refered as being the symbol of house of El in the movie, it was refered to as the Kryptonian symbol for hope.

More
10 Jul 2015 16:06 #43108 by shadar

Woodclaw wrote:

Shadar

I'm not 100% sure about this, because I watched only the dubbed version of Man of Steel, but I don't seem to recall that the 'S' shield was ever refered as being the symbol of house of El in the movie, it was refered to as the Kryptonian symbol for hope.

The S symbol meaning House of El goes way back. MOS was the aberration in regarding it as Hope. Even in the Supergirl pilot, its called their Coat of Arms.

As far as the costume goes, men don't normally wear tights, although we came to accept Superman in tights as being OK. Superman and ballet dancers only. A Kryptonian thing. But i like the explanation better that it was intended to be a woman's uniform.

• shadar
More
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds