Amount

Lucy 2 On The Way. Thoughts?

26 Jun 2015 23:38 - 27 Jun 2015 01:41 #42918 by enchantederotica
Lucy 2 On The Way. Thoughts? was created by enchantederotica
So the rumor mill says this movie is coming.

www.cinemablend.com/new/Lucy-2-Defintely...on-Return-72261.html

I REALLY REALLY REALLY WANTED TO LIKE THAT MOVIE as Lucy and my OC Hannah have a lot in common (young, party girls suddenly granted obnoxious levels of superpowers and quickly ascend to a god-like state ... heck, even their hair styles were similar .... <- See Avatar), but I really hated that movie a lot. So many missed opportunities.

Because I mainly write about sex, and I write in a serial format, I always thought Lucy should just say ‘fuck it’ and use her powers to become ... well ... Scarlett Johnansson (a mega hot celebrity ... who also happens to be God). But Lucy clearly became disconnected (as most movie-based deities do, why ... I honestly don’t know) and saw no joy in pleasure. I guess that’s why I didn’t like the movie: I wanted Lucy to be Hannah, but she wasn’t. Personal bias. Not that the movie was bad ... I just didn’t like it. I could go on, but admittedly I’m curious to see if they clean it up in the sequel.

Will Lucy fly (finally)? Will she have to deal with another ‘god’? Will she actually USE her powers instead of just bla bla bla bla about them?

::::: So what are YOUR thoughts/ideas/hopes for Lucy 2?

PS: Please read my story THE POWERS WITHIN as it is my take on “a girl who takes drugs and becomes God”. It’s admittedly a take on Lucy ... but Lucy is the one who developed the drug and takes it because she actually wants to become omnipotent.

superwomenmania.com/index.php?option=com...rs-within&Itemid=203

Supernautral women with superpowered sex-drives: www.enchantederotica.com
Last edit: 27 Jun 2015 01:41 by enchantederotica.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• enchantederotica
  • enchantederotica's Avatar Topic Author
More
26 Jun 2015 23:48 #42919 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Lucy 2
Frankly i have no idea where they could do.

As someone who has written a story or two that has ended "Yeah i am god now"- i am very aware of the problem with that in literature-once you do that, there really isn't anyplace to go with it. Starhawk ended iwth her giving up her godhood just to be a human- to be with the person she loved and thats about all you can do with it. THat or say no she gives it all up for the greater good-which can be an ending as well.

The Matrix movies had the same problem which is why the sequals was so problematic-yeah he flew at the end of the matrix, but the sequals tended to neuter him into thats all he could do. The squals started with that flaws and never really went anywhere from there.

There is the expression that all fantasy stories are all about gaining or loosing power- and at the end of lucy shes gained as much power as really practical. Adding things like flight or what ever wouldn't really be that satisfying.

So yeah no real idea-but Lucy is a movie in the end i am glad exists, even if i didn't love it.

More
26 Jun 2015 23:52 #42920 by enchantederotica
Replied by enchantederotica on topic Lucy 2
"Lucy is a movie in the end i am glad exists, even if i didn't love it.”

That was art. I cannot agree more with that statement. I was happy to see “Hannah” on the big screen, but I just wish she was more into lingerie and flying and teleporting than dealing with Chinese gangsters in her monotone way.

One thought I had is that the drug wears off and she is stuck being human again, like Flowers for Algernon. She is mortal. She has no powers. She is stuck after being teased with a godlike state and then tossed back into the world like the rest of us ... and the gangsters are after her still.

OR

Lucy is the villain: An angry god whom we all must deal with. We obviously have no clue whatsoever what happened after she left her human form. Maybe she changed the world. Maybe she judged people violently. I cant see Hollywood making that... but its a thought.

Supernautral women with superpowered sex-drives: www.enchantederotica.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: castor

• enchantederotica
  • enchantederotica's Avatar Topic Author
More
27 Jun 2015 00:33 #42921 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Lucy 2

enchantederotica wrote: "Lucy is a movie in the end i am glad exists, even if i didn't love it.”

Welst Lucy is

1. A Female Lead Action movie
2. Has A strong Sci Fi plot, that depends on it and is not just an excuse to add Transforming Robots
3. that uses it Special Effects fairly well for intresting results and not say create giant robots.
4. Has a realitivly low budget for movies in the scheme of things
5. Made good use of an Actress who is often window dressing in bigger budget movies.
6. Doesn't really have a love story(not really something i am opposed to, but in the cosmic thing glad it didn't depend on it)
7. Is still unapologetically R Rated.
8.Had a some interesting ideas and was willing to at least touch on them if it was not the deepest movie that came out
9. And with all of these things was a fairly gigantic sucess.

So Good on them....except well...... yeah.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markiehoe

More
27 Jun 2015 02:02 #42922 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Lucy 2
Unless she gets depowered or goes back in time I have no idea where they plan to go with this movie.

More
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds