Amount

See Wonder Woman From George Miller's Ill-Fated Justice League

21 Nov 2015 11:29 #45275 by fats
hi all,

here is some information on the ill-fated Justice League film that was never to be, what do you think of the costume, I like personally, be interesting to hear what people think.

see it here

uk.movies.yahoo.com/post/133646336371/se...ge-millers-ill-fated

fats

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fats
  • fats's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
21 Nov 2015 11:44 #45277 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic The Wonder Woman that never was
As of a few hours ago the Australian photographer Mark Rogers put online some pictures of Megan Gale in a Wonder Woman costume shot made ofr the aborted Justice League: Mortal movie. The movie was planned to shot in 2007, but was cancelled after the debacle of Superman Returns. The prospected director was George Miller, who later worked with Gale on Fury Road. Now I have to say that Megan Gale isn't an actress by trade -- albeit Miller was able to get a nice performance out of her in Fury Road -- but I think that she looks the part.

As far as the costume design goes, I think they nailed most of it. I don't like the skirt, but the intricate details of the bodice and, most of all, the tiara works great and return the impression of a regal figure.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395

More
21 Nov 2015 13:51 #45281 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic The Wonder Woman that never was
I think the actress looks great.
I like the skirt and the tight bodice but but i don't care for the rubber boob bowls.
Should have a more natural shape.

More
21 Nov 2015 15:25 #45287 by arvin sloane
Replied by arvin sloane on topic The Wonder Woman that never was
Now THAT´S how wonder woman should look like :)

"If you threaten our son again, I'll put my heel through your skull"

More
21 Nov 2015 18:26 #45291 by jdrock24
Replied by jdrock24 on topic The Wonder Woman that never was
Really? Her arms are skinnier than Gal Gadot's (who you were criticizing in the other thread). What exactly are you looking for in WW?

More
21 Nov 2015 19:03 #45293 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic The Wonder Woman that never was
Is she my ideal Wonder Woman, no.
This actress has a fuller face, she is prettier and more exotic in my opinion.
Her figure certainly is better proportioned.
Could her arms show some more definition?
Yes.
Once again every woman is different and this is my opinion.

More
22 Nov 2015 01:04 #45300 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic The Wonder Woman that never was
Gorgeous feminine costume. I love it. Skinny arms a bit. Meh

• Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
22 Nov 2015 02:40 #45302 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic The Wonder Woman that never was

Sarge395 wrote: Gorgeous feminine costume. I love it. Skinny arms a bit. Meh

My take as well. Costume was a definite 10.

And given WW's supernatural goddess background, who says she has to have big muscles to be strong? The Amazons are divine/magic. Perhaps their strength doesn't come from muscular contractions but from some kind of magical goddess thing that obeys her will and is inside her body.

Superman as drawn in most comics has a super-bodybuilder physique, but Kara was generally drawn pretty skinny. She might not have been able to beat Kal El at armwrestling, but he's the only one she couldn't beat. That never bothered me.

Sure, I'd like to see someone with a fitness model physique playing WW, but then (from a visual perspective) I'd like to see someone playing Kara in Supergirl who looked incredibly defined as well. But in the end, given the ways "powers" work, it doesn't matter.

Acting ability and personality are more important. That works with Melissa. Don't know about Gal yet.

Shadar

• shadar
More
22 Nov 2015 10:29 - 22 Nov 2015 12:00 #45305 by Woodclaw

jdrock24 wrote: Really? Her arms are skinnier than Gal Gadot's (who you were criticizing in the other thread). What exactly are you looking for in WW?

I think that there are a couple of details that I feel the need to point out: first, Megan Gale is pretty damn tall, 1.8 meters (that's 5'10" for you imperials) and quite more statuesque than those pictures suggests -- granted at 65 Kg she's rail thin, but that's easier to remedy; second, when I talk about looks, I usually refer to the face. I tend to picture Wonder Woman having quite the angular face, something that looks beautiful, but also slightly awe inducing. I think that Megan Gale has that kind of look.
Last edit: 22 Nov 2015 12:00 by Woodclaw.

More
22 Nov 2015 13:05 - 22 Nov 2015 13:10 #45306 by arvin sloane
Replied by arvin sloane on topic The Wonder Woman that never was
jdrock24, I´ve never said I wanted a body Builder to be wonder woman... like others posted above, it´s all about
1 - A much better costume, not just another Xena
2 - Gorgeous and stronger face features, beautiful and imposing. Perfect hair.
3 - She actually looks like a royal strong female leader, not some second rate VS model
All that from 3 pictures from a test from a movie that didn´t even got into production. Show me ONE image of Gal Gadot that´s better than those above, please.

"If you threaten our son again, I'll put my heel through your skull"
Last edit: 22 Nov 2015 13:10 by arvin sloane.

More
22 Nov 2015 16:20 #45307 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic The Wonder Woman that never was

arvin sloane wrote: jdrock24, I´ve never said I wanted a body Builder to be wonder woman... like others posted above, it´s all about
1 - A much better costume, not just another Xena
2 - Gorgeous and stronger face features, beautiful and imposing. Perfect hair.
3 - She actually looks like a royal strong female leader, not some second rate VS model
All that from 3 pictures from a test from a movie that didn´t even got into production. Show me ONE image of Gal Gadot that´s better than those above, please.

By most criteria, Megan is far better than Gadot. I'm in your and Woodclaw's camp on this one. What I don't know about is acting ability.

I wasn't impressed with Melissa (physically) in SG until I understood her personality. Now I'm good. Maybe Gadot will have her own sizzle.

Unfortunately all we get to see early on are photos. The script, direction, acting and character relationships make the movie, and those we don't get hints of until the trailers.

My issue is just that I've rarely been a WW fan. Unlike most of SWM, I didn't much care for the old TV show and the silly Saturday morning cartoon soundtrack.

I'd be 10x more excited if Ms Marvel came to screen, even the current Muslim Ms Marvel, if anyone had enough courage to portray her properly.

• shadar
More
22 Nov 2015 18:55 #45309 by Woodclaw

shadar wrote: By most criteria, Megan is far better than Gadot. I'm in your and Woodclaw's camp on this one. What I don't know about is acting ability.

I wasn't impressed with Melissa (physically) in SG until I understood her personality. Now I'm good. Maybe Gadot will have her own sizzle.

Unfortunately all we get to see early on are photos. The script, direction, acting and character relationships make the movie, and those we don't get hints of until the trailers.

This is the real choping block. As I sadi above Megan Gale isn't an actress by trade, she had done a few movies, but she's mostly a model turned actress, which is usually a bad thing. Miller was able to get a decent performance from her in "Fury Road", but she was a secondary character who lived and died in 20 or so minutes. Admitedly she had little chances to do more, the two or three movies she did in Italy were part of terrible trend called cinepanettone -- a series of dime-a-dozen comedies with the last supermodel to hit the spotlight as an additional boobs factor.

shadar wrote: I'd be 10x more excited if Ms Marvel came to screen, even the current Muslim Ms Marvel, if anyone had enough courage to portray her properly.

This I think would be quite interesting if handled by a smart director.

More
23 Nov 2015 14:45 - 23 Nov 2015 21:36 #45320 by jdrock24
This thread is hilarious; a perfect example of the ebb and flow of the fanboy community.

Does anyone remember when Justice League Mortal was announced and Megan Gale was cast as Wonder Woman? Did anyone visit any internet message boards back then? Let me sum up the conversation for you:

- SHE'S NOT AN ACTRESS!!!
- SHE'S TOO SHORT!!!!
- SHE DOESN'T LOOK LIKE WONDER WOMAN!!!!
- I'M NOT WATCHING ANY MOVIE WITH HER IN IT!!!!
- SHE'S TOO SKINNY!!!!
- SHE'S NO LINDA CARTER!!!!

Of course, the movie fell apart due to the writer's strike and the world moved on. Now we have another woman cast as Wonder Woman and she get's almost the exact same complaints. Then these pictures are released and all of a sudden Megan Gale is accepted as a great choice, certainly preferable to Gal Gadot.

You gotta love the internet...
Last edit: 23 Nov 2015 21:36 by jdrock24.

More
23 Nov 2015 17:11 #45323 by Woodclaw

jdrock24 wrote: This thread is hilarious; a perfect example of the ebb and flow of the fanboy community.

Does anyone remember when Justice League Mortal was announced and Megan Gale was cast as Wonder Woman? Did anyone visit any internet message boards back then? Let me sum up the conversation for you:

- SHE'S NOT AN ACTRESS!!!
- SHE'S TOO SHORT!!!!
- SHE DOESN'T LOOK LIKE WONDER WOMAN!!!!
- I'M NOT WATCHING ANY MOVIE WITH HER IN IT!!!!
- SHE'S TOO SKINNY!!!!
- SHE'S NO LINDA CARTER!!!!

Of course, the movie fell apart due to the writer's strike and the world moved on. Now we have another woman cast as Wonder Woman and she get's almost the exact same complaints. Then these pictures are released and all of a sudden Megan Gale is accepted as a great choice, certainly preferable to Gal Gadot.

You goota love the internet...

I agree on that. I've seen this happen many time, especially among the Doctor Who fans.

More
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds