Amount

Wonder Woman Movie Production Thread

01 Apr 2016 20:07 #47113 by lfan
First BTS glimpses of Themyscira starting to make the rounds. Love Gal's costume.....

www.comicbookresources.com/article/wonde...-themyscira-set-pics

ElF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
01 Apr 2016 22:04 #47117 by jdrock24
Replied by jdrock24 on topic Wonder Woman Movie Production Thread
So is this the proper thread where we can whine, moan, and complain for the next year and a half until her movie comes out? Convincing ourselves and others how much of a train wreck it will be? Then, when the movie finally releases and we all go see it, we will have such a negative view of it that we cannot help but be disappointed?

Is this where we do that?

More
01 Apr 2016 22:35 #47119 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Wonder Woman Movie Production Thread
Yes, this is the place :P

• lfan
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
02 Apr 2016 03:34 #47123 by YAGS
Replied by YAGS on topic Wonder Woman Movie Production Thread
An optimist is never pleasantly surprised, and a pessimist is never disappointed.

More
09 May 2016 20:55 #47685 by jdrock24
Per Gal Gadot's Twitter feed, she is done filming WW.

Is anyone else shocked that after decades of waiting, Wonder Woman is finally getting her own movie? I mean, it was actually scheduled, green lit, and filmed. All they have left is post production and editing and they are done. I never thought I would see the day honestly.

Here are a few set photos after a quick Google search:

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

More
09 May 2016 21:04 #47686 by cbaby
Replied by cbaby on topic Wonder Woman Movie Production Thread
Don't worry! Plenty of time for it to be cancelled yet!

More
09 May 2016 21:08 #47687 by jdrock24

cbaby wrote: Don't worry! Plenty of time for it to be cancelled yet!

I guess, but I doubt it. In any event, this is the furthest a WW movie has ever gotten.

More
09 May 2016 22:49 #47688 by MisterK
Replied by MisterK on topic Wonder Woman Movie Production Thread
I have some hopes for this. And I'm someone who grew up on Lynda Carter, and is not fond at all of the current WW comic book. Still, I like Gal Gadot fine, and this could well be very good. Either way--it's a Wonder Woman movie! About time!

More
10 May 2016 16:18 #47714 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Wonder Woman Movie Production Thread
Filming has wrapped and Patty Jenkins is happy.

screenrant.com/wonder-woman-movie-patty-...utm_campaign=SR-FB-P

More
10 May 2016 17:09 #47717 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Wonder Woman Movie Production Thread

MisterK wrote: I have some hopes for this. And I'm someone who grew up on Lynda Carter, and is not fond at all of the current WW comic book. Still, I like Gal Gadot fine, and this could well be very good. Either way--it's a Wonder Woman movie! About time!

They're bringing Greg Rucka back to the comic so hopefully it'll get good again. (agree with the current comic sucking.)

More
11 May 2016 15:07 #47738 by lfan

Markiehoe wrote: Filming has wrapped and Patty Jenkins is happy.

Posted this pic of cast and crew at the wrap, along with Gal in costume! :)

ElF

This message has an attachment image.

The following user(s) said Thank You: jdrock24, Markiehoe

• lfan
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 May 2016 16:01 #47740 by jdrock24

lfan wrote:

Markiehoe wrote: Filming has wrapped and Patty Jenkins is happy.

Posted this pic of cast and crew at the wrap, along with Gal in costume! :)

ElF

Who is that all the way to the right in front (the guy with the mustache next to Chris Pine)? Is that a character in the movie?

More
19 May 2016 00:11 #47962 by pansardum
Replied by pansardum on topic Wonder Woman Movie Production Thread
I'm certainly not sure, but it seems to me that it's David Thewlis.

I kinda recognize him from the Harry Potter movies and the actor seems to be involved according to imdb. Though I don't know what role he's playing.

www.imdb.com/name/nm0000667/?ref_=nmmd_ph_nm1

More
19 May 2016 01:48 #47966 by kikass2014
Replied by kikass2014 on topic Wonder Woman Movie Production Thread

I'm certainly not sure, but it seems to me that it's David Thewlis.

You are correct. It is David Thewlis.

With filming wrapped, I gonna bet we get a trailer with Suicide Squad (if not before at Comic-con).

Peace.

/K

More
15 Jul 2016 17:21 #49159 by jdrock24
More images from EW (Not sure why the first one won't show up):

The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, AlbertC, TwiceOnThursdays

More
15 Jul 2016 19:54 #49160 by AlbertC
Replied by AlbertC on topic Wonder Woman Movie Production Thread
Despite all the controversy about Gal as WW, I believe everybody must agree that her beauty is stunning. I believe this movie can be very successful in audience

More
16 Jul 2016 12:27 #49172 by lfan
Nice article with Gal on assuming the role of WW, especially how she likes her new physique:

www.ew.com/article/2016/07/15/wonder-woman-gal-gadot-interview

• lfan
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
16 Jul 2016 14:31 #49173 by andyf
Replied by andyf on topic Wonder Woman Movie Production Thread
Geoff Johns co-wrote the films script. You know who else helped write it? Allan Heinberg, who a few years ago wrote a pilot script Amazon, about a young Diana/WW for the CW that was rejected. Heinberg's writing wasn't good enough for CW head Mark Pedowitz, but good enough for Warner Bros Pictures.

More
16 Jul 2016 20:10 #49179 by jdrock24

andyf wrote: Geoff Johns co-wrote the films script. You know who else helped write it? Allan Heinberg, who a few years ago wrote a pilot script Amazon, about a young Diana/WW for the CW that was rejected. Heinberg's writing wasn't good enough for CW head Mark Pedowitz, but good enough for Warner Bros Pictures.

And here we go with the negatives. See post #2 in this thread.

More
16 Jul 2016 20:31 #49180 by fats
Replied by fats on topic Wonder Woman Movie Production Thread
BTS shot

Fats

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
17 Jul 2016 02:20 #49183 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Wonder Woman Movie Production Thread

lfan wrote: Nice article with Gal on assuming the role of WW, especially how she likes her new physique:

www.ew.com/article/2016/07/15/wonder-woman-gal-gadot-interview

That's a very interesting interview. Gal gives very nuanced answers. She clearly understands the characters, has thought a lot about her, and has truly tried to get into WW's head. More so than many actors would have.

Also enjoyed her comment about lifting weights and connecting with all these muscles she has now (compared to before). She feels strong and really likes the feeling of being strong. Which is a requirement to play a superheroine, but not every actress would transform herself and really get into the power. Not just imagining the character, but feeling it in her own body thanks to all the lifting.

It would be interesting to see the same pose in a bikini or whatever, showing Gal before WW and Gal now.

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
17 Jul 2016 14:11 #49187 by kikass2014
Been a while since I posted in these threads (been away on business and vacation).

I saw these pics the other day while on the beach (from a different site).

My thoughts?

As most know, I’ve not been the most ardent supporter of the DCEU, but while on vacation I have had time to reflect and have come to certain conclusions.

Like others have said, myself included if you look at my post history, Gal Gadot is a wonderful person and a beautiful woman.

I have no doubt in her commitment and desire to give the best performance she can with regards to the role of Wonder Woman. Her enthusiasm shines through in the interviews she has given and also the panels she has been on.

It is a shame the first photo in JD’s post doesn’t show up, as I think that is the best one. To me, I now genuinely believe she has put effort into making herself “look” more the part. I believe she (personally) has taken the criticisms to heart and said “Ok, I’m gonna put my all into this”. And to me it shows, judging by the tone of her legs and arms. Gal was never gonna be the beefiest of people, but the fact that she looks like she has put effort in, speaks a lot to me (she looks better in these photos then she did BvsS).

So on that front, I now have no problem with her as Wonder Woman (even though she is by far not my personal choice for the role).

The problem I have, is the tone of the DCU they are creating. I think it was Shadar that mentioned she came across as quite cold, mechanical and alien in Batman Vs. Superman. And having recently seen the extended edition, I know what they are referring too.

So, while I am now sold on her look, I am not convinced on how well she will come across as a character on screen. And as this cannot be answered until the movie is out, or at the very least, a trailer, I will reserve the right to judge until then.

Also, the story of the film and the script. Andyf makes a good point about Heinberg. And Geoff Johns is, imo, hit-and-miss within the DC comics community. So will have to see how that plays out.

I could go on, but I think I will end on this.

I genuinely and sincerely hope Gal Gadot hits it out of the park (I think that’s the American saying?) with this film. While watching Wonder Woman, I want to feel for her what I felt for Affleck when watching him portray Batman – a mixture of surprise, respect, and happiness.

Time will tell.

Peace.

/K
The following user(s) said Thank You: shadar

More
17 Jul 2016 16:57 #49189 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Wonder Woman Movie Production Thread

kikass2014 wrote: Been a while since I posted in these threads (been away on business and vacation).

I saw these pics the other day while on the beach (from a different site).

My thoughts?

As most know, I’ve not been the most ardent supporter of the DCEU, but while on vacation I have had time to reflect and have come to certain conclusions.

Like others have said, myself included if you look at my post history, Gal Gadot is a wonderful person and a beautiful woman.

I have no doubt in her commitment and desire to give the best performance she can with regards to the role of Wonder Woman. Her enthusiasm shines through in the interviews she has given and also the panels she has been on.

It is a shame the first photo in JD’s post doesn’t show up, as I think that is the best one. To me, I now genuinely believe she has put effort into making herself “look” more the part. I believe she (personally) has taken the criticisms to heart and said “Ok, I’m gonna put my all into this”. And to me it shows, judging by the tone of her legs and arms. Gal was never gonna be the beefiest of people, but the fact that she looks like she has put effort in, speaks a lot to me (she looks better in these photos then she did BvsS).

So on that front, I now have no problem with her as Wonder Woman (even though she is by far not my personal choice for the role).

The problem I have, is the tone of the DCU they are creating. I think it was Shadar that mentioned she came across as quite cold, mechanical and alien in Batman Vs. Superman. And having recently seen the extended edition, I know what they are referring too.

So, while I am now sold on her look, I am not convinced on how well she will come across as a character on screen. And as this cannot be answered until the movie is out, or at the very least, a trailer, I will reserve the right to judge until then.

Also, the story of the film and the script. Andyf makes a good point about Heinberg. And Geoff Johns is, imo, hit-and-miss within the DC comics community. So will have to see how that plays out.

I could go on, but I think I will end on this.

I genuinely and sincerely hope Gal Gadot hits it out of the park (I think that’s the American saying?) with this film. While watching Wonder Woman, I want to feel for her what I felt for Affleck when watching him portray Batman – a mixture of surprise, respect, and happiness.

Time will tell.

Peace.

/K

I share many of the same thoughts, K, and BvS didn't help, being little more than a cameo role. But the WW movie will give her time to grow from an ultra-idealistic Amazon into a woman of our Earth, with her romantic relationship with Steve as the place where she learns that our world is all shades of grey.

The best movies connect us to feelings and how they change because of experiences -- which is the most universal of all entertainment and as old as language itself. From Storyteller #1 and onward, these are the stories that mattered.

That could be interesting, presuming a good script, direction and her delivering her best performance to date. Not sure all that came together (movie has finished shooting I understand), and doesn't get buried beneath too much special effects.

But stories about female superheroes should be qualtitatively different than Supes and Bats growling at each other, so maybe.

Shadar

• shadar
More
18 Jul 2016 08:28 #49200 by kikass2014

The best movies connect us to feelings and how they change because of experiences -- which is the most universal of all entertainment and as old as language itself. From Storyteller #1 and onward, these are the stories that mattered.

100% Agree.

Peace.

/K

More
21 Jul 2016 19:31 #49228 by fats
Replied by fats on topic Wonder Woman Movie Production Thread

Fats

The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, Raa

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds