Amount

Sharon Stone as a Marvel hero

09 Jun 2016 22:52 #48416 by andyf
Sharon Stone as a Marvel hero was created by andyf
Sharon Stone revealed a few months ago that she has a part in an upcoming Marvel film. She did not say which film, but she recently stated that her character will have heat based powers..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• andyf
  • andyf's Avatar Topic Author
More
09 Jun 2016 23:05 #48417 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Sharon Stone as a Marvel hero
Well, I doubt that whatever she will be playing would be worst of her last foray into superhero territory (i.e. that movie about cats and beauty creams that should never be mentioned again).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395

More
10 Jun 2016 00:55 - 10 Jun 2016 00:56 #48424 by kikass2014
Replied by kikass2014 on topic Sharon Stone as a Marvel hero
The latest I read is that she could be playing Janet Van Dyne (the original Wasp). This could make sense, for a couple of reasons.

She has mentioned it is a "wee part". "wee" = small/wasp = small (could just have been a figure of speech). It has been mentioned she will be playing a "superhero", so therefore not a villain. Wasp = hero. One of her powers is "heat"-based. Wasp has (if i remember right, heat-based attacks). And finally, in the sense of meta-casting. Famously, Stone and Douglas (Hank Pym) shared the screen in Basic Instinct. And Marvel has done this recently in Civil War, casting Marisa Tomei and playing her opposite Downey in a scene (they shared the screen in the film Only You).

Still, without knowing what film she will be in (and there are quite a few coming out in the next couple of years), its almost impossible to say which role she will end up playing.

Peace.

/K
Last edit: 10 Jun 2016 00:56 by kikass2014.

More
10 Jun 2016 01:12 #48426 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Sharon Stone as a Marvel hero
Nice deductions there Kickass!

More
10 Jun 2016 08:54 #48435 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Sharon Stone as a Marvel hero

kikass2014 wrote: The latest I read is that she could be playing Janet Van Dyne (the original Wasp). This could make sense, for a couple of reasons.

She has mentioned it is a "wee part". "wee" = small/wasp = small (could just have been a figure of speech). It has been mentioned she will be playing a "superhero", so therefore not a villain. Wasp = hero. One of her powers is "heat"-based. Wasp has (if i remember right, heat-based attacks). And finally, in the sense of meta-casting. Famously, Stone and Douglas (Hank Pym) shared the screen in Basic Instinct. And Marvel has done this recently in Civil War, casting Marisa Tomei and playing her opposite Downey in a scene (they shared the screen in the film Only You).

Still, without knowing what film she will be in (and there are quite a few coming out in the next couple of years), its almost impossible to say which role she will end up playing.

Peace.

/K

While I don't think that Sharon Stone would ever be my first choice to play Janet Van Dyne, this meta-casting would make a whole lot of sense and, looking at some picture there is a degree of likeness between her and Evangeline Lily (although Sharon Stone is much more angular).

More
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds