Amount

Anna Kendrick Wants to Play Squirrel Girl

05 Jul 2016 03:46 #48971 by www1969
And I really want there to be a Squirrel Girl movie, so this should happen.

There's fan art at the link.

www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/an...l-girl-marvel-908296

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• www1969
  • www1969's Avatar Topic Author
More
05 Jul 2016 07:59 #48972 by unseen_unheard
Replied by unseen_unheard on topic Anna Kendrick Wants to Play Squirrel Girl
While I'd like to see her in that role, I know at least a few people commented that Squirrel Girl is one of the few heroes who is a bit more fuller-bodied, and that casting someone like Anna Kendrick might upset the fanbase. My first choice would still be Anna, but one suggestion I read that might be interesting is Rachel Bloom (she of the show "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend"). We shall see, although I don't see such a film getting made no matter who they cast.

More
05 Jul 2016 08:55 #48973 by AuGoose
Replied by AuGoose on topic Anna Kendrick Wants to Play Squirrel Girl
I'd watch that. And the grin would last for weeks.

Such a goony character.

And since she's a mutant the license is with Fox...

...Can you say Deadpool II cameo?

I knew you could!

More
05 Jul 2016 14:24 - 05 Jul 2016 14:26 #48974 by LustMonster
Replied by LustMonster on topic Anna Kendrick Wants to Play Squirrel Girl
I think there should be public audition for the role, like the one Warner Brothers held for the role of Luna Lovegood.

Somewhere there's got to be an uber-fan who would really NAIL the character (appearance, voice, movement, et cetera).
Last edit: 05 Jul 2016 14:26 by LustMonster.

More
05 Jul 2016 14:34 #48975 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Anna Kendrick Wants to Play Squirrel Girl
When I think of a cinematic Squirrel Girl, this is the first face that pops nto my mind.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: shadar

More
05 Jul 2016 15:02 #48977 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Anna Kendrick Wants to Play Squirrel Girl

AuGoose wrote: I'd watch that. And the grin would last for weeks.

Such a goony character.

And since she's a mutant the license is with Fox...

...Can you say Deadpool II cameo?

I knew you could!

To the surprise of pretty much no one, Squirrel Girl is now officially not a mutant. She was just mistaken in thinking she was one.

nerdist.com/marvels-squirrel-girl-is-no-longer-a-mutant/

I don't recall them ever making too much of a big deal about her mutant status (though she was one of the 198 remaining mutants after "no more mutants") -- but admit that I didn't collect her series. I probably do have the Great Lakes Avengers mini-series, somewhere, but I've not read it in so long and can't say I paid that much attention at the time.

Not sure if this is legally enough to not let Fox use/own her, or more importantly enough that Fox wouldn't want to fight for her/would not fight Marvel over using her. I certainly would have written the Fox contract better than "all mutants", but Marvel was desperate for money at the time. And I certainly would have not included newly created mutants (which Squirrel Girl isn't as she was created in 92) or newly created x-men. It's what got Marvel into their current predicament and now everyone is an inhuman instead of a mutant, and we have stories like "no more mutants".

I've always thought that the Fox contract was badly written as "all mutants" is just a bad way to define something. Squirrel Girl was never an X-men, so I wouldn't think that a movie deal about X-men should include her.

For that matter, Deadpool isn't a mutant, so I'm not quite sure how hey got him, other than the fact he showed up in New Mutants first. OTH the Deadpool movie was awesome, and I'm pretty sure Marvel wouldn't have made it. Deadpool was a hot property at the time, so he could have been called out as part of the deal.

More
05 Jul 2016 17:12 - 05 Jul 2016 17:19 #48982 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Anna Kendrick Wants to Play Squirrel Girl

LustMonster wrote: I think there should be public audition for the role, like the one Warner Brothers held for the role of Luna Lovegood.

Somewhere there's got to be an uber-fan who would really NAIL the character (appearance, voice, movement, et cetera).

or how about Evanna Lynch Luna Lovegood from the Harry Potter Series.

She was probabbly the best part of the last three harry potter movies(which weren't great) with her combination of Serenity and werid-which is kinda something for SQ. S

shes an actress who since the series has ended whose mainly done Irish and UK stuff since the series has ended, but do kinda hope she gets at least one more big studio role-she really is quite good.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 05 Jul 2016 17:19 by castor.

More
05 Jul 2016 18:38 #48985 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Anna Kendrick Wants to Play Squirrel Girl

Woodclaw wrote: When I think of a cinematic Squirrel Girl, this is the first face that pops nto my mind.

Me too! Go Kaylee.

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
06 Jul 2016 19:15 #48995 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Anna Kendrick Wants to Play Squirrel Girl
I think i have said it before: Squirrel Girl is in someways one of the most cinematic of the superhero stories. Most actual movies are made about underdogs-characters you don't expect to sucseed. And that is her character. No one exects the characters whose primary power is talking to small rodents You could do a dozendirections- that would all make good film.

And Kendrick is a good choice. Shes the kinda of actress whose pretty great in a lot of things, and just seems like a bubble of being a big star-when shes the star shes great-but she does to much stuff when shes just random girlfriend. At her best though shes good at playing a character who is just a quarter turned away from the world, but has enough will to pushforward that it somehow works for her. and that to me is what Squirel Girl is.

Also Kevin Richardson for Monkey Joe

More
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds