Amount

New Wonder woman trailer

23 Jul 2016 20:58 #49247 by d_k_c
New Wonder woman trailer was created by d_k_c
Don't know if this has been posted yet. Have to say, not much to dislike

The following user(s) said Thank You: SHTL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• d_k_c
  • d_k_c's Avatar Topic Author
More
23 Jul 2016 21:08 #49248 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic New Wonder woman trailer

d_k_c wrote: Don't know if this has been posted yet. Have to say, not much to dislike

More and more impressive... I'm greatly encouraged that this could be good.

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
23 Jul 2016 21:36 - 23 Jul 2016 21:41 #49249 by kikass2014
Replied by kikass2014 on topic New Wonder woman trailer
Yup posted by me, but tnx all the same.

www.superwomenmania.com/index.php?option...&limitstart=25#49246

Peace.

/K
Last edit: 23 Jul 2016 21:41 by kikass2014.

More
23 Jul 2016 22:14 #49252 by murdough
Replied by murdough on topic New Wonder woman trailer
We also got this today. Looking forward to next year more and more.

• murdough
  • Away
More
24 Jul 2016 00:03 #49255 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic New Wonder woman trailer
So far I'm optimistic about both.

After the grey MoS and BvS, the use of Color in WW is interesting. There are times (as in the poster) they make her uniform hyper-real, with vivid blues and reds. And when she starts to use her lasso, it's glowing yellow. She enters the ball where a bright blue dress, everyone else is in muddy colors. It'll be interesting to see how this is carried through in the final print. I'm guessing the shots have been color adjusted, but it's not uniform in all the scenes -- so not sure if they've just not settled on it, or not finished everything yet, or if the times she seems almost glowing with color are some indication her un-shuttering her power. Like her lasso, does it only glow like that when in use, or have they just not adjusted it in all scenes yet?

The JL trailer has a Magnificent Seven/Ocean's Eleven vibe of collecting the team. I hope that like a lot of those movies that this doesn't take too long, that it moves through these at a good clip and gets on with the show.

I'm not sure if I *really* like Ezra Miller's Barry Allen, or he's annoying. i'm leaning towards "I like him". I like the seemingly impulsiveness of him, but it's not really, because he took a *long* time to answer (for the Flash). I hope there is bit of that that carries though. One of my favorite scenes in Young Justice is when Bart Allen shows up, and he and barry start to talk, and they start speed talking and loose everyone around them.. So I like what I saw of him. And Jason Momoa adds a gravitas to Aquaman. Have to see more of them both I guess.

More
24 Jul 2016 00:13 #49257 by castor
Replied by castor on topic New Wonder woman trailer
This is a comicon Trainer...so its not really totally fair to judge.....

Gal Gadot Looks great, she seems to be doing well creating a character. I think she was a fun presence in B VS S. The Action looks good to great. A little samey but neat(if there is any kinda big spectacle there holding it back probabbly for special effects reasons which is fine). The cinemtography looks pretty good....not quite as good as i was hoping, but fun and an intresting kinda take on the DC color pallet. I g

but........

Chris Pine does not look good. He can be charming and fun.....but maybe its his material, which seemed flat, and maybe his kinda not trying to go over the top as Trevor is often kinda done...it doesn't seem good at all I am not getting any kind of rommantic chemestry here, though it trying to show it. To a degree Wonder Woman is a tragedy, but thats kinda missing.

And maybe it is the script-pretty much all the lines are of the "Oh your a woman? Your a man?" varietty- that can be fine, but it needs verve, and thats what i am not getting. Verve. Like it hate it Batman Vs Superman did have that.. The Line about Zues seemed like it was written as a joke, which is fine-but it did not read as a joke Nothing really seemed to be a joke. And with that....ehh...

More
24 Jul 2016 01:20 #49258 by kikass2014
Replied by kikass2014 on topic New Wonder woman trailer
Having seen both of these a few times now, my thoughts are:

Wonder Woman:

Wonder Woman looks, imo, really good. I am really digging the cinematography. It seems that WB has really taken on board a lot of the criticisms it has received for its desaturated, dreary takes on MoS and BvS. The costume Gadot wears is popping with color (even compared to the teaser trailer they released earlier in the year). And that’s great.

Like I mentioned in another post, Gal Gadot has totally sold me on her as Wonder Woman. She looks great now that she has put on a bit of mass, and she looks solid in the action scenes (LOVE that shot of her breaking the gun against her back).

“Chris Pine does not look good. He can be charming and fun.....but maybe its his material, which seemed flat, and maybe his kinda not trying to go over the top as Trevor is often kinda done...it doesn't seem good at all I am not getting any kind of rommantic chemestry here, though it trying to show it. To a degree Wonder Woman is a tragedy, but thats kinda missing.”

I thought Pine was ok in the trailer. Having recently seen Star Trek: Beyond, I do like the roguish charm he brings, and in general, I think he has good comic timing. I didn’t really have a problem, for example, with the “Zeus” line.

“And maybe it is the script-pretty much all the lines are of the "Oh your a woman? Your a man?" varietty- that can be fine, but it needs verve, and thats what i am not getting”

This was also my biggest concern with the trailer. I understand to a certain extent it has to do with the time period its set in, but having seen two seasons of Agent Carter, I feel I have been through this. But hey, it could (I hope) be a minor thing in the movie.

I said that when I see Gadot as Wonder Woman, I want to feel for her what I felt for Affleck when he played Bats – a sense of surprise, respect and happiness. Watching the trailer, she certainly gave me all that.

Good on you Gal. Well played.

Justice League:

Again, this looks a lot better then I thought it would be. I too got that Ocean’s 11 vibe going on. Affleck looks fantastic as Bruce, and I really liked the chemistry with Gadot that seems to be forming.

Flash, Cyborg and even Mamoa as Aquaman, I have no problem with what I saw in the trailer.

The shots even looked like they had color in them (maybe someone showed Snyder where the brightness and color buttons were on the remote?).

Based on the teaser/trailer, I can say I am looking forward to seeing this much more then I was a month or two ago, that’s for sure.

Conclusion:

The best thing I got from BOTH those films was that there seemed to a sense of FUN and LEVITY in them, especially Justice League. There was an upbeat feel to it.

Someone (Goyer, Snyder, whoever) must have got an ass-kicking after BvS (probably by Affleck, judging by his elevation to producer on Justice League, and co-writer/director on the next Batman film).

The tonal shift in these two films is like night and day compared to MoS and especially BvS.

WB weren’t kidding when they were saying to the press “Hey guys, we’ve listened to what you said about our last movie and we are making BIG changes”.

Affleck producing; Johns as overseer; Gal working out in the gym; Snyder laying off the desaturation controls in Premiere; Goyer given the boot; all great changes and the results, judging by these two trailers, look great.

Finally we seem to be getting the DC cinematic universe we should have been getting.

Can’t wait to see more.

Peace.

/K

More
24 Jul 2016 02:42 #49259 by castor
Replied by castor on topic New Wonder woman trailer
i agree that the Jstice Leauge stuff looks fun. There is something to Ben Afflecks, your going to punch me right, i don't want to get punched, affect as wayne thats kinda funny. Its got as i said...verve.

More
24 Jul 2016 06:49 #49262 by jdrock24
Replied by jdrock24 on topic New Wonder woman trailer
Loved both trailers/footage.

I'm really glad that Wonder Woman is getting such positive press. Patty Jenkins said recently that she has wanted to make this movie ever since she was a little girl and it looks like she has done well.

The Justice League stuff looked good also. I know some of you are saying that it appears WB has reigned in Snyder, but I don't see that at all. Sure, they showed a joke or two, but I think the very inclusion of the Flash was always going to lighten the mood and was the plan from the outset. The stuff with Aquaman seemed just like MOS and BM v SM. As someone who loves those movies, I'm glad Snyder doesn't seem to be altering his style.

More
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds