Amount

Silk appearing in Spiderman: Homecoming?

27 Aug 2016 01:31 - 27 Aug 2016 01:34 #49864 by andyf
Actress Tiffany Espensen has been cast in Spiderman: Homecoming.
Her characters name is Cindy. Cindy Moon is Silk's real name. This has led a lot of people in the internet comic press to think that she's playing Silk.

Does anybody here think that's true, that she is playing Silk?
Last edit: 27 Aug 2016 01:34 by andyf.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• andyf
  • andyf's Avatar Topic Author
More
27 Aug 2016 23:11 #49870 by AuGoose
Replied by AuGoose on topic Silk appearing in Spiderman: Homecoming?
I admit I'm so out of touch with modern Spiderman stories I don't have a sense for how important Silk might be in Parker's world these days...

More
28 Aug 2016 04:59 #49873 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Silk appearing in Spiderman: Homecoming?

AuGoose wrote: I admit I'm so out of touch with modern Spiderman stories I don't have a sense for how important Silk might be in Parker's world these days...

The Anwser: Not really, Really actually never. Silk was always a character they created to spin off into her own series. And they did-and its kinda fun. When done well it has a kinda of fun quirky little vibe, a bit like the Show Supergirl about a heroine who wants to make it in the big city and possibly save it.

Abut two years ago when Amazing Spiderman 2 came out there was talk of doing a big seriesof movies-Sinister Six was one, Venom, but most intresting was an unnamed unspecified Female supehreroin movie.

And Since the 800 Million iASM 2 made in the box office was considered disapointing(seriously) that series got dropped, and they have rebooted spiderman a 3 time in 15 years.

While there hasn't been a peep about the project since them-you never know. There are a couple of Female Characters- Silk, Black Cat, Silver Sable, Spider gwen you could make very easily make a movie-probabbly easier and better then sinistersx

Now agian-that projects probabbly dead, but Sony Still probabbly wants to make more spiderman movies and use the IP it has- which is Spiderman and what ever part of its IP.

And I could see them doing it. Agian Silk Can be a fun character. There is a demo hitting factor-she is probabbly the biggest Latina Character out there, but thats not a bad thing- as i mentioned there a zippy quality to her when done well.

There was a lot of talk about Ghostbusters this year which some people said underperformed got a huge a mount of negative publicity-but a lot of people liked and if not a super big hit did okay. I know a little inside biz to say at least inside Sony pictures they liked it and was happy with it, and i could see them wanting to stay in the female heroine train.

So Lets see.

More
28 Aug 2016 07:54 #49874 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Silk appearing in Spiderman: Homecoming?

castor wrote:
And I could see them doing it. Agian Silk Can be a fun character. There is a demo hitting factor-she is probabbly the biggest Latina Character out there, but thats not a bad thing- as i mentioned there a zippy quality to her when done well.

Except she's not Latina, she's Asian. ;-) For a Latina, you need White Tiger or America Chavez, judging by characters that are being pushed in current marvel titles. I'm wondering if we'll get a White Tiger push during Iron Fist. Or the Daughters of the Dragon -- Misty Knight is appearing in Luke Cage. But none of that helps Sony, as they don't have the rights to any of those characters....

Spider-Gwen doesn't have that going for her, but her comic outsells Silks. But Spider-Gwen's original is really difficult esp if you want her in a movie w/ Spider-Man. Silk fits right in (though I'd remove/shorten the time she was in the bunker).

Plus she's got ties to Black Cat in her current comic.

OTH, Silk appeared AFTER the Spider-Man movie deal, so I wonder if Silk and Spider-Gwen are covered as part of the agreement, or if Marvel retains the rights to them? The deal was pretty shitty for Marvel, as Marvel really needed the $$$, but it seems weird that it would cover future created characters.

More
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds