Amount

DCU Movie Rumors

01 Sep 2016 03:06 - 01 Sep 2016 18:56 #49985 by lfan
DCU Movie Rumors was created by lfan
Dunno how many of these, if any, are accurate or reliable, but it makes for some interesting speculation:

www.screengeek.net/2016/08/31/rumor-larg...lans-for-dceu-leaks/

ElF
Last edit: 01 Sep 2016 18:56 by lfan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: five_red, TwiceOnThursdays

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
01 Sep 2016 16:46 #50001 by jdrock24
Replied by jdrock24 on topic DCU Movie Rumors

lfan wrote: Dunno how many of these, if any, are accurate or reliable, but it makes for some interesting speculation:

www.cinemablend.com/news/1551310/how-muc...eaves-movie-theaters

ElF

Is that the right link? It looks like a story all about Suicide Squad's earning.

More
01 Sep 2016 18:19 #50010 by castor
Replied by castor on topic DCU Movie Rumors
I am not sure what this means in the long run.

Prior to This Warners Strategy seems to be: We have Batman, We have Superman every couple of years lets make a movie about them peace! There the most popular characters so lets keep making movies.

Marvel on the other hand by hook and by crook sold off arguably the rights to its most popular characters-Spiderman and Wolverine(argue with me) and has complex rights with its third The Hulk. This has forced it to be creative-Iron Man is a big star-and started ou as a B level character at best. Captian America, Thor, Antman-these where decnetly sized characters but not huge everyones heard of names. And yet now there making movies.

Sucicide Squad was if anything less then that. Its a team book that was largely founded on the more obscure Batman Villians. And yet its debuted very well. As i pointed out, it made more then any of these characters first movies-more then iron man, Thor what ever.

I am 90% sure that there going to at least Attempt a Second Sucide Squad movie-though this may get bogged down in contract stuff or something.

But larger-this does open the door. At this point they have done 7 batman movies plusthe cros over and one more is coming out. They have done 7 plus the cross over Superman movies. These characters maybe a little over exposed. There is room to go to the second teir characters, and have sucsess.

Right now they A flash Movie, Maybe a Cyborg movie.

There is stories there Doing Justice Leauge Dark-which isn't so much Gritty but an agian another collection of DC supernatural characters, Like Madam Xanadu and Zantana. There is talks of a Harley Quinn movie.

There is a rummors around they may do a female lead Green Lantern, Blue Beetle,and what have you. All of this becomes posible.

And i can kinda see it where it goes.

Of course one movie i am leaving out is Wonder Woman. Shes not a second tier character but shes never had a movie movie before. If her movie does well thats kinda proof of this. If her movie doe badly-well maybe not, maybe female superheroes can't do movies, which is of course the theroy going forward.

(of course i would kinda argue that they sold Squad on Harley Quinn but ehh)

So as always will see. For this section of the internet-i could see them doing a Female Green Lantern movie. I could see them doing a Zanatana Movie. I could see them maybe some world doing A supergirl movie or a worlds Finest movie,batgirl-there is potential out there, given enough time. Its how long they last.

More
01 Sep 2016 18:57 #50013 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic DCU Movie Rumors

jdrock24 wrote:

lfan wrote: Dunno how many of these, if any, are accurate or reliable, but it makes for some interesting speculation:

ElF

Is that the right link? It looks like a story all about Suicide Squad's earning.

Sorry about that! Hazards of cut & pasting......here is the CORRECT link:

Apologies,
ElF

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
01 Sep 2016 21:28 #50018 by kikass2014
Replied by kikass2014 on topic DCU Movie Rumors
Wow, that's one hell of a list of "stuff".

Some of it sounds really cool and some of it sounds a bit "meh". It's really difficult to form a solid opinion, mainly because all of it is actually kinda vague.

Time will tell how it pans out, starting with Wonder Woman next year (the first film where Geoff Johns took over as architect of the DCEU).

Peace.

/K

More
02 Sep 2016 14:10 #50027 by jdrock24
Replied by jdrock24 on topic DCU Movie Rumors

lfan wrote:

jdrock24 wrote:

ElF

Sorry about that! Hazards of cut & pasting......here is the CORRECT link:

Apologies,
ElF

Thanks for posting.

Honestly, I don't really believe in any of these "click-bait" articles. This one, for instance, used a source from a guy on Reddit. I mean, come on, I could go on there right now and post a whole bunch of made-up BS and one of these idiots would probably write an article about it. I think I'll just wait for confirmation from the studio.

On a side note, does anyone do these type of articles on the Marvel movies anymore? I haven't seen them but then again I don't really seek them out. I guess they are so firmly established that no one is really concerned about their plans for the future. Still, I would like to know what may happen after Infinity War. Are they going to reboot everything?

More
02 Sep 2016 17:24 - 02 Sep 2016 17:32 #50031 by kikass2014
Yup, there certainly is this stuff for Marvel :)

I'm with you on taking them all with a pinch of salt, if taking them at all. Star Wars is HILARIOUS for their "fan theories" regarding Episode VIII :P

With regards to confirmation on this leaked DC stuff, I read somewhere that these topics would be covered in a DC event today/tonight (2nd September). So, if anything, should have a clearer idea after the weekend on how much of this is "bullshit or not" :P

Peace.

/K

P.S.

Are they going to reboot everything?

As far as I know, the latest "rumor" is that it will more then likely be a "soft reboot". What that entails is anyones guess, but it does make sense since a lot of the current stars contracts will be up by then. If they don't sign on for more, then a new team of Avengers will need to be built - though one could assume who these will be based on the films coming out (i.e. Dr. Strange, Capt. Marvel, Black Panther, Wasp, Ant-Man, etc). If the current stars do sign up, well it will just be a continuation. And while there are a ton of good stories to mine, topping Infinity War could be problematic imo (in terms of story. Don't know how the films will turn out).
Last edit: 02 Sep 2016 17:32 by kikass2014.

More
02 Sep 2016 17:43 #50033 by LustMonster
Replied by LustMonster on topic DCU Movie Rumors
Regarding Marvel, all I want to know is when She Hulk is going to make an appearance!

More
02 Sep 2016 17:52 #50034 by fats
Replied by fats on topic DCU Movie Rumors

LustMonster wrote: Regarding Marvel, all I want to know is when She Hulk is going to make an appearance!

The problem with She Hulk is Who's going to play her?

Fats

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
02 Sep 2016 18:07 #50036 by LustMonster
Replied by LustMonster on topic DCU Movie Rumors

fats wrote:

LustMonster wrote: Regarding Marvel, all I want to know is when She Hulk is going to make an appearance!

The problem with She Hulk is Who's going to play her?

Fats

I've been wondering about that myself.

I think CGI would be the only way to go for depicting her in She Hulk form, which would likely make a feature film rather expensive (unless most of her screen time was as Jennifer Walters). But at least that would open up the range of actresses who could play her.

It may work to create an SH movie that is more of a courtroom thriller, with just some brief action scenes.

More
02 Sep 2016 18:14 - 02 Sep 2016 18:26 #50037 by kikass2014

Regarding Marvel, all I want to know is when She Hulk is going to make an appearance!

Answer is --v

fanbros.com/breaking-news-hulk-netflix-seires-horizon-beyonce/

geekreative.net/6-actresses-shortlisted-...ulks-netflix-series/

Now, how far this is in terms of development is subject to speculation. However, this may shed some light on whether it is happening or not:

"“We love our civil service vigilantes here at Marvel and we couldn’t think of a better one to bring to TV. Jennifer Walters has always had the luxury of being the tongue-in-cheek hero in our line up. Her books never quite reach the gravitas of something like The Incredible Hulk because they don’t have to. She’s a mix of the street level vigilante and the super heroic badass. She’s a Hulk, and a lawyer. Where Matt Murdock might shirk the responsibility of the law to accomplish Daredevil’s goals, Jennifer Walters will use the law to aid in She-Hulk’s exploits.”

"“The actress I really want to tackle this isn’t known exclusively for her acting but she promised me that if she was chosen for the role that she’d study under the best. I can tell you she’s a powerful woman of color. She’s already got a booked year but I think… with the formation of this project, she is going to be involved one way or another.”
(Jeff Loeb, Lead on the Marvel TV Shows)

There are a couple of actresses in that second article listed. And the color Loeb is referring to could be green :P However, if, according to Loeb it is (and has to be for some reason) a "woman of color" (in the traditional sense), then my personal choice would be Paula Patton.

www.theglamourouslife.com/wp-content/upl...atton-ethnicity1.jpg

i.huffpost.com/gen/1584107/thumbs/o-PAULA-PATTON-570.jpg?1

Peace.

/K
Last edit: 02 Sep 2016 18:26 by kikass2014.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AuGoose, LustMonster

More
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds