Amount

WW Movie Villainess

20 Sep 2016 18:28 #50343 by lfan
WW Movie Villainess was created by lfan
The following user(s) said Thank You: TwiceOnThursdays

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
21 Sep 2016 01:42 #50355 by rednecko
Replied by rednecko on topic WW Movie Villainess
This is a unique villain for the movie it looks like. I wish we had Cheetah as a villain in it. Maybe, this is a Barbara Minerva character and we see Cheetah in a brief ending scene or in the sequel. (Maybe, i'm dreaming on this.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan

More
21 Sep 2016 09:27 #50357 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic WW Movie Villainess
For some reason the first character that poped in my mind when I saw the picture was Doctor Cyber. Admitedly not one of WW's strongest contenders, but one that might have some potential in a movie setting.

More
21 Sep 2016 17:05 #50370 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic WW Movie Villainess
The overriding question for me, when it comes to WW villains, is what aspect of her Amazon abilities are going to be hyped on the show?

If its cleverness or compassion or her love for humanity, then opponents that challenge her mentally and emotionally, etc will be best.

If it's her relative invulnerability to harm, then that's another direction.

But if she's going to duke it out in full-scale battle, then the list gets a lot shorter, with Cheetah and 'bad Amazons' or Kryptonian villains coming to the top.

I'm going to be very surprised (but happy) if it's anywhere near as physical a testosterone loaded movie as BvS. We're talking a female centric movie. She's probably going to use her wiles and her compassion to win the day, not her fists.

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
21 Sep 2016 17:13 - 21 Sep 2016 17:14 #50371 by kikass2014
Replied by kikass2014 on topic WW Movie Villainess
^ You are probably more right then not.

Though judging by the trailer, I see a lot of "soldiers" getting ruffed up, so that is something to look forward to :)

Peace.

/K
Last edit: 21 Sep 2016 17:14 by kikass2014.

More
21 Sep 2016 17:42 #50375 by AuGoose
Replied by AuGoose on topic WW Movie Villainess
While it's easy to overlook as kids' fare -- and it might get lost against the insidious musical theme you will not get out of your head for month if not years -- The LEGO Movie was also a stunningly excellent example of what is usually a horribly mishandled and tedious trope for facing down an overwhelmingly powerful bad guy...

Warning: Spoiler!

When it's oh-so-rarely pulled off, it can be a lot more satisfying than punching a bad guy into submission. A distinction I can't help but think Wonder Woman will aspire to.
The following user(s) said Thank You: shadar

More
21 Sep 2016 19:56 #50378 by shadar

kikass2014 wrote: ^ You are probably more right then not.

Though judging by the trailer, I see a lot of "soldiers" getting ruffed up, so that is something to look forward to :)

Peace.

/K

I'm sure there will be some obligatory "I could kick everyone's ass" moments, but I'm doubtful that will be what wins the day in her movie. It will happen early to establish the character, and then she'll get beyond the violence and show that a good heart is stronger than steel-hard muscles and fists.

The fact that she can punch her way out of trouble but instead uses her softer skills will be the hallmark of her character. I'd always put money on that.

Which if done right, will set things up for Justice League, where you know there will be some crazy excessive violence to let Supes and Bats unload on the bad guys. But Diana will always be the advocate for talking things out and understanding the bad guys and finding a non-violent approach.

Anyway... those are my guesses.

• shadar
More
22 Sep 2016 00:26 #50389 by kikass2014
Replied by kikass2014 on topic WW Movie Villainess

Which if done right, will set things up for Justice League, where you know there will be some crazy excessive violence to let Supes and Bats unload on the bad guys. But Diana will always be the advocate for talking things out and understanding the bad guys and finding a non-violent approach.

You could be right. However, this would appear to run contrary to the character they have established so far, imo.

Remember in BvS when they were fighting Doomsday. Diana is the first to jump in and relishes the fight :) So maybe she is a "fists first kinda girl" :P Though to be fair, you ain't gonna reason with a troll-looking monster :D

We'll see :)

Peace.

/K

More
22 Sep 2016 05:55 #50392 by shadar

kikass2014 wrote:

You could be right. However, this would appear to run contrary to the character they have established so far, imo.

Remember in BvS when they were fighting Doomsday. Diana is the first to jump in and relishes the fight :) So maybe she is a "fists first kinda girl" :P Though to be fair, you ain't gonna reason with a troll-looking monster :D

We'll see :)

Peace.

/K

Agree that she did look that way in BvS, where it was all about fighting, but I'm thinking her own movie will not be so "fists forward". She'll use her power to force another kind of discussion to take place. One that doesn't involve punching.

But, I certainly could be wildly off-base. But I'm taking female-centric movie directed by a woman and an actress who doesn't make her living punching people and connecting them somehow. Maybe she spends the whole movie locked in combat. It is WWI after all.

Shadar

• shadar
More
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds