Amount

Other Wonder Woman Movie !?!?

10 Oct 2016 21:33 #50625 by castor
Other Wonder Woman Movie !?!? was created by castor
Well Kinda. There doing a biopic of William Marston her creator, based on the Book William Marston and the Wonder Women(i am going to bet by the times its over its there going to come up with some wonder woman pun). Mr. Marston will be Played by Luke Evans and his wife by Rebecca Hall(whose an actress who probabbly not concidentally has been bandied about before for Diana.

www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-...1007-snap-story.html

Could be intriguing Marston lived a strange life. Honestly i am not the biggest fan of Biopics in general-intresting doesn't always translate well into 3 acts, for even the biggest names . Luke Evans also is an actor who rarely is any good at anything other then being kinda handsome-but yeah. But something to check out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• castor
  • castor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
10 Oct 2016 22:05 #50626 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Other Wonder Woman Movie !?!?

castor wrote: Could be intriguing Marston lived a strange life. Honestly i am not the biggest fan of Biopics in general-intresting doesn't always translate well into 3 acts, for even the biggest names . Luke Evans also is an actor who rarely is any good at anything other then being kinda handsome-but yeah. But something to check out.

At the cost of sounding like a hipster, I think that the big problem is that the 3 act model is an effective narrative tool in general, but not the right one for telling a "tru-ish story". Telling a single episode of a life through the 3 act model is doable, telling a whole life is very likely to seem artificial.

More
10 Oct 2016 22:34 #50627 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Other Wonder Woman Movie !?!?
You don't need three acts-but you do need Conflict.

Part of it is from what i gathered From Marston...is he wasn't a guy with a lot of Conflict.

He became a Sucseful Pyschologist, and Academic and in the early 40s decided to play with writing comics and sci fi stories something as a hobby(though a semi lucrative one).. He got into problems with critics but well he who laughs well last best

He had a personal life that was perhaps unusual, but not inherently conflict based-he was more or less sucseful at it for the rest of his life. It wasn't a "First they hate each then they love each other" that most love story as far as i can tell.

Will see.

• castor
  • castor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
Time to create page: 0.038 seconds