Supergirl season 3 105 Days
Amount:

Brie Larson on Captain Marvel

23 Feb 2017 02:11 #52733 by Markiehoe
Markiehoe created the topic: Brie Larson on Captain Marvel
Looks like Brie realises how important the look of her character is.

www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/817605-br...-captain-marvel-film

Personally I vote long hair/ no helmet.
I am pretty sure about the no helmet part because most stars like "facetime"
The following user(s) said Thank You: jdrock24

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Markiehoe
  • Markiehoe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Online
  • Uberposter
  • Uberposter
More
23 Feb 2017 03:20 #52735 by lfan
lfan replied the topic: Brie Larson on Captain Marvel
Long hair as well.....I'd love to see an earlier incarnation of the costume but I'm pretty sure we're gonna get the current version.

ElF
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markiehoe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Feb 2017 15:29 #52740 by jdrock24
jdrock24 replied the topic: Brie Larson on Captain Marvel
Yeah, I'm pretty sure we'll get the long hair, no helmet look for most of the film. However, I can see the helmet coming out if she has to go into space or something.

Shame that she has people "yelling at her on Twitter" about how the character should look. Idiots! The movie doesn't even have a script or a director yet. Even if it did, the look of the character doesn't have to conform to your every wish and desire. Man, is there a lower form of humanity than the internet troll? (Sorry, went on a mini rant there...)
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Feb 2017 16:50 #52742 by kikass2014
kikass2014 replied the topic: Brie Larson on Captain Marvel

Yeah, I'm pretty sure we'll get the long hair, no helmet look for most of the film. However, I can see the helmet coming out if she has to go into space or something.


Agree with you. I think this is what will be in the final film. Which, tbh, is fine with me.

As for everything else, time will tell :)

Look forward to seeing what they produce :)

Peace.

/K

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Mar 2017 11:16 #52942 by Markiehoe
Markiehoe replied the topic: Brie Larson on Captain Marvel
This is Brie at the Kong of Skull Island premiere.



It would be a crime against humanity to cover this person up head to toe in a "Practical" Captain Marvel costume.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Markiehoe
  • Markiehoe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Online
  • Uberposter
  • Uberposter
More
03 Mar 2017 18:04 #52962 by kikass2014
kikass2014 replied the topic: Brie Larson on Captain Marvel
Ah Brie. Looks great and has the acting skills to match :)

As much as I would like to be proven wrong, there is no way in hell Marvel will put her in the "black swimsuit" costume :)

Peace.

/K

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Mar 2017 06:51 #53001 by TwiceOnThursdays
TwiceOnThursdays replied the topic: Brie Larson on Captain Marvel

kikass2014 wrote: Ah Brie. Looks great and has the acting skills to match :)

As much as I would like to be proven wrong, there is no way in hell Marvel will put her in the "black swimsuit" costume :)

Peace.

/K


I agree with you. THough I'm holding out for a Luke Cage-like nod scene. (In the TV Series he doesn't dress like he does in the comic, but there is a scene that does so as part of the story. It flows well, and is funny. But we get to see him "in costume")

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Mar 2017 16:45 #53005 by Agent00Soul
Agent00Soul replied the topic: Brie Larson on Captain Marvel

TwiceOnThursdays wrote:

kikass2014 wrote: Ah Brie. Looks great and has the acting skills to match :)

As much as I would like to be proven wrong, there is no way in hell Marvel will put her in the "black swimsuit" costume :)

Peace.

/K


I agree with you. THough I'm holding out for a Luke Cage-like nod scene. (In the TV Series he doesn't dress like he does in the comic, but there is a scene that does so as part of the story. It flows well, and is funny. But we get to see him "in costume")


I'd love that, but I'd prefer her original 1970s bikini for that scene. She zaps it on for the first time and would say "Oh hell no." I guess the Supergirl Melissa already did something similar in her first TV episode. How does Carol actully change her superhero costumes? Does she just rearrange the molecules or does someone like Janet Van Dyne actually make them for her?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Mar 2017 18:19 #53006 by TwiceOnThursdays
TwiceOnThursdays replied the topic: Brie Larson on Captain Marvel

Agent00Soul wrote:

TwiceOnThursdays wrote:

kikass2014 wrote: Ah Brie. Looks great and has the acting skills to match :)

As much as I would like to be proven wrong, there is no way in hell Marvel will put her in the "black swimsuit" costume :)

Peace.

/K


I agree with you. THough I'm holding out for a Luke Cage-like nod scene. (In the TV Series he doesn't dress like he does in the comic, but there is a scene that does so as part of the story. It flows well, and is funny. But we get to see him "in costume")


I'd love that, but I'd prefer her original 1970s bikini for that scene. She zaps it on for the first time and would say "Oh hell no." I guess the Supergirl Melissa already did something similar in her first TV episode. How does Carol actully change her superhero costumes? Does she just rearrange the molecules or does someone like Janet Van Dyne actually make them for her?


Either one would work for me. ;-)

I am farily certain that it's never been discussed. I'm pretty sure she made the first black lightning bolt costume herself as I dont' recall her mentioning anyone else when she modeled it for herself the first time ( I can go check). She'd met the Avengers (and Janet) at the time, but it was fairly fresh.

Her very first costume was generated as part of her getting her powers from the Psyche Magnetron. It seemed more durable than normal clothing, but not super-durable. It also used to have electronics in it to help her with her powers until they fully gelled (back when Ms. Marvel and Carold Danvers were different personalities). Nor was there any explanation when she altered the cut (took out the ab window).

I don't recall who made her current costume.

And it's never been said how her transformation actually works. I've always taken it she has two slots, and can switch back and forth between them (with some control of articles of clothing). She puts her normal clothes on (slot 1) then switches to her hero costume (slot 2) and she can switch back. She can't _make_ new clothes doing it, she seems to return to her slot 1 clothes in the exact state they were in. She can opt to not wear a piece of clothing (jacket, helmet) as she's done that before. She does still have this power, as she used it to when she was in space and Lela Cheny teleported her back to earth. She even had her powers jammed during the issue and when she got them back, she returned to her Captain Marvel uniform wearing her helmet ... which she wasn't wearing when she swapped out. That's how we know she can pick/choose.

Unfortunately, I think the current writers have forgotten she can do this. She had to put her uniform back on after having sex with James Rhodes. She's enough of a military person, that she'd have swapped back into her normal clothes, THEN taken them off, so she could switch back into battle gear quickly in an emergency. (Though mabye it's part of Rhodney's Kink to see her undress as Captain Marvel).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Mar 2017 21:14 #53007 by Markiehoe
Markiehoe replied the topic: Brie Larson on Captain Marvel
I recently re read some Ms Marvel comics and Janet Van Dyne did help her design the black lightning bolt costume.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Markiehoe
  • Markiehoe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Online
  • Uberposter
  • Uberposter
More
06 Mar 2017 22:03 #53008 by shadar
shadar replied the topic: Brie Larson on Captain Marvel
I really enjoyed the early time period when Ms. Marvel and Carol were essentially two different strong personas fighting for control of the same body. This was when she had the red costume with the blue? hot pants.Before she got the black uniform with the stripe. Back when she experienced this uncontrollable sixth sense warning thing, at which point Carol couldn't stop from becoming her costumed alter-ego.

They definitely didn't have the same personalities, but even then, Carol was pretty tough. She was all kinds of accomplished in military stuff. But Ms. Marvel was seriously hard-core in the smash and bash camp, frequently using her fists where Carol would use her brain.

There were also some vague references to various kinds of issues that schizoid personality brought into her relationship. It's not hard to imagine the challenges associated with having your girlfriend turn into Ms Marvel and not even know who your are. Although in the comics I think it was more a case of Carol acting oddly and disappearing at inopportune moments.

Still, there are a lot of potentially neat story lines that could come out of that. Like what if Carol and Ms Marvel had two different sets of romantic relationships?


Shadar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2017 01:47 #53014 by TwiceOnThursdays
TwiceOnThursdays replied the topic: Brie Larson on Captain Marvel

shadar wrote: I really enjoyed the early time period when Ms. Marvel and Carol were essentially two different strong personas fighting for control of the same body. This was when she had the red costume with the blue? hot pants.Before she got the black uniform with the stripe. Back when she experienced this uncontrollable sixth sense warning thing, at which point Carol couldn't stop from becoming her costumed alter-ego.

They definitely didn't have the same personalities, but even then, Carol was pretty tough. She was all kinds of accomplished in military stuff. But Ms. Marvel was seriously hard-core in the smash and bash camp, frequently using her fists where Carol would use her brain.

There were also some vague references to various kinds of issues that schizoid personality brought into her relationship. It's not hard to imagine the challenges associated with having your girlfriend turn into Ms Marvel and not even know who your are. Although in the comics I think it was more a case of Carol acting oddly and disappearing at inopportune moments.

Still, there are a lot of potentially neat story lines that could come out of that. Like what if Carol and Ms Marvel had two different sets of romantic relationships?


Shadar


While I remember that as a long term thing, it actually didn't last very long. The integration started in Ms. Marvel #7 (same issue that she didn't need the costume to help her powers). It was a bit rocky for a bit and Carol/Ms Marvel still refered to each other as different people but they were obviously bluring. It took until issue 13 when she realized she was one person and had full powers even as Carol Danvers.

It was an interesting aspect, with most of the time the Ms. Marvel identity forcing the change. I also liked that the personality was fake -- it was filled with synthetic memories of being a Kree Captain (with the training), but she never really existed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2017 02:26 #53015 by TwiceOnThursdays
TwiceOnThursdays replied the topic: Brie Larson on Captain Marvel

Markiehoe wrote: I recently re read some Ms Marvel comics and Janet Van Dyne did help her design the black lightning bolt costume.


Yes, (finally went an re-read it). She metioned Janet helped and that it was unstable molecules. Man, can't believe I didn't remember that. (I also don't think her costume has to be unstable molecules.)



I also can rant a bit about how many sites actually use Karla Soften Ms. Marvel for Carol Danvvers. Or run the same "that was never her costume image".

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, Markiehoe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Mar 2017 21:04 - 14 Mar 2017 21:05 #53161 by Gargamel
Gargamel replied the topic: Brie Larson on Captain Marvel
Article is a couple months old so maybe you know it already. Have to say I quite like the quote:

With Captain Marvel, she is as powerful a character as we’ve ever put in a movie. Her powers are off the charts, and when she’s introduced, she will be by far the strongest character we’ve ever had.

Kevin Feige, Marvel Studios head
Last Edit: 14 Mar 2017 21:05 by Gargamel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds