Amount

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2

05 May 2017 15:45 #53909 by TwiceOnThursdays
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 was created by TwiceOnThursdays
I enjoyed it. I suspect if you like the first one, you'll like this one too. Music has some more eclectic tracks in it, and focuses a lot on Brandy. Some good cameos, which are better enjoyed than talked about.

But that's not why I'm posting. I was a bit surprised that there is a lift scene from Gamora. It's not long, and it's in the middle of a fight, and not alone enough to go see the movie. But it was a nice little inclusion. Sadly some of the lifting was off screen. In the same sequence she rips off a metal door. A tiny dollop of female strength action in the film.(15-20 seconds tops)

Nebula is also a bad ass, but doesn't have strength feats, but has some kick ass of her own. Great acting by Karen Gillan.

It's a tiny amount of stuff we like here, but since I wasn't really expecting any ....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markiehoe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• TwiceOnThursdays
  • TwiceOnThursdays's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
05 May 2017 16:46 - 05 May 2017 16:55 #53910 by LustMonster
Replied by LustMonster on topic Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2
Gamora also picks up and fires an enormous gun that is bigger than she is. Awesome!

Here are some stills:

Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 05 May 2017 16:55 by LustMonster. Reason: Found a few images.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Woodclaw, Markiehoe

More
05 May 2017 18:07 #53915 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2

LustMonster wrote: Gamora also picks up and fires an enormous gun that is bigger than she is. Awesome!

Here are some stills:

Warning: Spoiler!

That's something that bothered me for a while: why there are so little weapons tailor made for superhumans? I understand that there are certain limits in-built due to materials and manufacturing, but it's a concept worth exploring.

More
07 May 2017 10:50 #53971 by kikass2014
Replied by kikass2014 on topic Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2
Saw this last night and loved it :D If you enjoyed the first one, then you will enjoy this one for sure :)

That scene with Gamora firing the gun was fricking HILARIOUS and awesome at the same time :) And I have to agree Karen Gillan as Nebula was brilliant to boot :)

Gamora lifting Mantis, even if briefly, was a huge surprise to me, and a pleasent one. Gunn I think is on record as saying Gamora will be a key part of the 3rd Guardians film, which he is writing and directing next. Will be interesting to see how that plays out :)

Highly recommend this film, though I would say if you haven't, see the first one before going to see this.

Peace.

/K
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, Markiehoe

More
10 May 2017 03:37 - 10 May 2017 03:37 #54032 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2
Gammora and the gun (Gunn?)

Pretty awesome.

Go see the movie.
You will be entertained.
Last edit: 10 May 2017 03:37 by Markiehoe. Reason: spelling

More
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds