Amount

My Super-Ex Girlfriend-----Complete Movie Spoiler/Summary

06 Jun 2006 23:43 #5715 by steelknight3000
TheMovieSpoiler.com has written up a complete summary of the movie. It contains all the spoilers, so if you actually care about the plot then don't read it.

www.themoviespoiler.com/Spoilers/mysuperexgirlfriend.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• steelknight3000
  • steelknight3000's Avatar Topic Author
More
07 Jun 2006 08:22 #5718 by IronKnight
I'm not going to say a word about what the "Spoiler hath revealed."

Except... uh oh.

More
07 Jun 2006 15:15 #5719 by jdrock24
Wow! This movie sounds like it's right up our alley. I'm going to have to see if there is a way I can see it in the theatre.

More
07 Jun 2006 18:21 #5723 by oldHarmonyMotion
That sounds terrible, although it may have just been the horrible writing in the summary.

But oh man, I definitely plan on seeing this movie.

• oldHarmonyMotion
More
07 Jun 2006 22:48 #5728 by mr_93_jeep_grnd_cherokee
Replied by mr_93_jeep_grnd_cherokee on topic Re: My Super-Ex Girlfriend-----Complete Movie Spoiler/Summary
Wow, sounds great.

• mr_93_jeep_grnd_cherokee
More
07 Jun 2006 23:09 #5729 by JKap
Truly does seem like one of this community's authors could've penned the Super-Ex script (maybe the author does visit these forums - ya never know).

He did a very good job tying in many of our favorite themes. Almost all of the requisite superpowers are shown in vivid detail, there's an origin story flashback, a sinister 'potential loss of her powers' undercurrent, and the eventual introduction of yet another ubergirl (sorry if I just gave something away, but I figure if you're reading this thread, you already read the spoiler posted at the top).

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to it now even though I wasn't really before. It looks like pretty much everything genre fans could have hoped for, and a very good job writing a whole story arc that's light & fun, has the good superpower scenes we'd hope for, and still fits into the Hollywood format. Probably was harder to put together than it seems.

More
20 Jun 2006 03:40 #5851 by colt13
Replied by colt13 on topic Commercial
Saw a commercial during the NBA Finals. Different scenes than the trailer(including G-Girl taking off her wig). Promoted as a romantic comedy. Probably wont do great at the box office, but should do well on dvd(i wonder why). Think this plus the Avengers might be a good back to back rental. Also, the fact thar Uma is in this, plus the Avengers and Batman might make her the biggest name star to play in 3 fantasy movies. Please correct me if i am wreon, might find another movie that way.

More
21 Jun 2006 16:28 #5875 by mick lightweight
Hey!

Just read the spolier and it looks pretty good. It's extremely rare that I bother going to the cinema these days to watch a film but I might make an exception for this one. It'll probably be crap because Eddie Izzard's in it and whatever Eddie Izzard appears in is crap anyway, but hey, it's got the delicious Uma thurman in it, so who knows?

More
21 Jun 2006 16:34 #5876 by mick lightweight
p.s. at www.moviegoods.com there's a poster of the film which I printed of and it shows Uma Thurman as G-Girl stamping on the bonnet of a red car completely destroying it.

Swooon! x :P

More
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds