Amount

Zoom

19 Jun 2006 11:38 #5843 by skate79
Zoom was created by skate79
Coming Soon has details of a new film called Zoom, about a Sky High-like school for superheroes. The one-sheet for the movie features one of the students, a young girl, about 7 or 8 years old, flying and easily lifting a 5 ton weight over her head.

www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=6206

www.comingsoon.net/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cg...jpg&img=&tt=

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• skate79
  • skate79's Avatar Topic Author
More
20 Jun 2006 02:48 #5850 by YAGS
Replied by YAGS on topic Re: Zoom

Coming Soon has details of a new film called Zoom, about a Sky High-like school for superheroes. The one-sheet for the movie features one of the students, a young girl, about 7 or 8 years old, flying and easily lifting a 5 ton weight over her head.

www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=6206

www.comingsoon.net/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cg...jpg&img=&tt=

More importantly, this says that Courteney Cox is in it. What do you think the odds are that she's a superheroine or supervillainess instead of just being a generic non-powered love interest for Tim Allen?

YAGS

More
20 Jun 2006 13:57 #5855 by Rich
Replied by Rich on topic Re: Zoom
Slim to fucking none

More
20 Jun 2006 22:11 #5865 by colt13
Replied by colt13 on topic Rich is right
www.efavata.com/CBM/zoomsAcademy.htm

Rich is right. According to this, Courteney is not a Misfit of Science, but a scientist at the academy.

More
01 Jul 2006 23:35 #6066 by colt13
Replied by colt13 on topic Trailer is Up
www.hollywood.com/movies/video/id/3526187

More in the Sky High vein. Unfortunately for us, it looks like the superstrength goes to the youngest girl, while the high schooler seems to do things with her mind.

More
02 Jul 2006 21:02 #6071 by dr lazarus
Replied by dr lazarus on topic Re: Zoom
I like the part where the little girl whacks the bad guy like a baseball. Too bad it isn't the older girl ( Kate Mara ) that has the super-strength.

Ursa. Her time has come.
www.facebook.com/UrsaFans

More
02 Aug 2006 13:15 #6429 by YAGS
Replied by YAGS on topic Good news!
Just saw a tv commercial for this, and it had a pleasant surprise.

Most of the commercial focused on the kids and Tim Allen, but at the very end, they announced "Starring Tim Allen and Courtney Cox". When they said her name, they showed a split second scene of her in a lab coat and glasses in some sort of hallway, and it looked like she was using superbreath! I don't have TIVO or anything, so I can't be 100% sure, but it looks like she's superpowered, too, at least with that one ability.

YAGS

More
04 Aug 2006 02:38 #6439 by cha0tic1
Replied by cha0tic1 on topic Good eye...
Yep, I just confirmed that at the end of that commercial, Courtney Cox turns around and starts blowing on two guys that appear to be guards of some kind.

They go from a close up of her starting to blow, and then a wider shot showing her blowing on them and they are starting to leave the ground... suggesting it may be longer than a split second in the movie.

I can only hope.

And no, I wasn't able to record the moment either, or find that particular TV spot on the web yet.

More
07 Aug 2006 05:45 #6448 by jimbob
Replied by jimbob on topic Re: Zoom

More
07 Aug 2006 06:28 #6450 by YAGS
Replied by YAGS on topic Re: Zoom

youtube.com/watch?v=kqsV50cZrL4

Cool. Thanks for sharing the link. I don't know much about YouTube. Is there a way to save clips from there to my PC, or do they just let you watch them on their site?

YAGS

More
07 Aug 2006 06:44 #6451 by cha0tic1
Replied by cha0tic1 on topic Nice
That's the commercial.

Looks like YouTube stores the vids as Flash files, so a direct download would be difficult if not impossible.

It almost looks like her breath has a green hue to it when she's blowing... Wonder if it's her making the green 'tornado' in what appears to be the battle with the villian.

I'm going to feel weird going to this one in the theatre :oops:

More
07 Aug 2006 11:50 #6453 by oldHarmonyMotion
Replied by oldHarmonyMotion on topic Re: Zoom
There's a site that allows you to download vids from many different media sites (ifilm, google video, youtube, etc)

It saves it in FLV (flash) format, so you'll either need to get a flash player or convert the file.

The site should outline how to do it.

javimoya.com/blog/youtube_en.php

• oldHarmonyMotion
More
09 Aug 2006 06:09 #6472 by cha0tic1
Replied by cha0tic1 on topic That works...
Thanks, that piece of software works for getting the file downloaded and viewable off-line.

More
11 Aug 2006 05:39 #6498 by marknew742
Replied by marknew742 on topic Re: Zoom
There are also a few extensions for Firefox that will easily do that trick. I use "unplug". The VLC media player will play the files.

More
21 Aug 2006 03:04 #6605 by cha0tic1
Replied by cha0tic1 on topic Good news!
Just watched the flick... downloaded it... call me a pirate, but hey, I wasn't going to the theatre.

So, Courtney treats us to superbreath three times:
1. blows two guards off their feet and down a hall
2. blows on Tim Allen just to demonstrate her power - I think that's my favorite scene of the three
3. blows on the supervillian to redirect him into a trap

Oh yeah, I've been waiting for a character like this in a movie. Too bad it won't likely happen again for some time, sigh.

More
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds