Amount

Wonder Woman, Indian Princess

29 Jun 2006 19:08 #6037 by lfan
Wonder Woman, Indian Princess was created by lfan
Latest rumor mill has WB "in negotiations" with an Indian actress to play the lead role! Unfortunately its not Aishewani Rei, who I think would be great. Still the actress is attractive and defintely "exotic looking":

www.priyankachopra.org/

So add her list to the 999 other names rumored to be in the lead for the part (minus one since Kate Beckensale pulled out publicly).

Peace
LF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
29 Jun 2006 19:23 #6038 by Rich
Replied by Rich on topic Re: Wonder Woman, Indian Princess
erm in a single word no

More
29 Jun 2006 23:21 #6043 by dr lazarus
Replied by dr lazarus on topic Re: Wonder Woman, Indian Princess
Maybe not as Wonder Woman, but I'd definitely love to see her as some kind of superbabe.

Ursa. Her time has come.
www.facebook.com/UrsaFans

More
30 Jun 2006 02:17 #6049 by ultragirl
Replied by ultragirl on topic Re: Wonder Woman, Indian Princess
I don't think she would be all that bad, at all.

More
30 Jun 2006 02:51 #6050 by BobAnthony
Replied by BobAnthony on topic Re: Wonder Woman, Indian Princess
Three words...NOT...A...CHANCE!

More
30 Jun 2006 03:52 #6051 by JKap
Replied by JKap on topic Re: Wonder Woman, Indian Princess
What are you guys smoking? This girl is gorgeous! I'm not going to be heartbroken if this particular actress doesn't get the part, but please let the final choice be someone who is as exotic as Amazons from Paradise Island are supposed to be... and not just another cutesy/scrawny/cookie-cutter American actress!

More
30 Jun 2006 17:24 #6053 by Grayface
Replied by Grayface on topic Re: Wonder Woman, Indian Princess

What are you guys smoking? This girl is gorgeous! I'm not going to be heartbroken if this particular actress doesn't get the part, but please let the final choice be someone who is as exotic as Amazons from Paradise Island are supposed to be... and not just another cutesy/scrawny/cookie-cutter American actress!

Is she exotic? Yes. Is she beautfiul? Yes. Do I think she's hot? Yes! Should she be Wonder Woman? No(imho). Wonder Woman is a greek amazon, not an Indain Princess. Wonder Woman is a icon. now having said that I would rather watch her as WW more than some of out main stream actresses, and yes I would proabably enjoy the movie too.

More
30 Jun 2006 21:28 #6058 by ltbelial
Replied by ltbelial on topic Re: Wonder Woman, Indian Princess

Is she exotic? Yes. Is she beautfiul? Yes. Do I think she's hot? Yes! Should she be Wonder Woman? No(imho). Wonder Woman is a greek amazon, not an Indain Princess. Wonder Woman is a icon. now having said that I would rather watch her as WW more than some of out main stream actresses, and yes I would proabably enjoy the movie too.

Hale berry was catwoman...

More
30 Jun 2006 23:29 #6059 by JKap
I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing...

More
30 Jun 2006 23:39 #6060 by Grayface
Replied by Grayface on topic Re: Wonder Woman, Indian Princess

Hale berry was catwoman...

Not saying Hale aint a beautiful woman, but the movie sucked! and it probably did'nt do near what it could/should have. I understand taking some libertys with comic to film adaptations, but I've never been a big "fan" of catwoman (and most DC titles) but how much in comman did the movie have with Catwoman in the comics?

More
01 Jul 2006 02:58 #6063 by bionicskillz
Replied by bionicskillz on topic Re: Wonder Woman, Indian Princess
The problem with the Catwoman movie was her costume. Other than that I don't mind seeing Halle in tight leather puuring around a city.

More
06 Jul 2006 00:25 #6125 by JKap
Ultimately what this thread (at least the original question) comes down to is: how closely is Whedon going to adhere to the original Wonder Woman script/concept? And from all accounts that I've seen, the answer is "not very."

For that reason, I already know I shouldn't be holding onto my preconceptions. Not going to wear the tradtional stars spangled briefs? Okay! Not going to be a Greek-looking actress? No problem! I'll go along with whatever as long as it's done well and strikes that 'Wonder Woman' chord in my heart just the right way.

I think it's totally possible to rework the Wonder Woman myth and shake any number of 'foundations' (costume, ethnicity, timeline, powers, whatever)... as long as the movie ends up really working in the end. I'd prefer a 22 year old Linda Carter clone... but if this Indian (or Malaysian / Icelandic / African / Hispanic / Mongolian) girl is seriously the best girl for the job... then gawddammit, then she's probably a freakin dream come true on-camera, and shoot... I am down with that!

More
06 Jul 2006 01:24 #6126 by taliesan
Replied by taliesan on topic Re: Wonder Woman, Indian Princess
Reading the two WW movie threads, I think the real issue here is what the studio wants vs. what Joss wants.

Joss wants an 'unkown'. And he's had great success picking unkowns and turnign them into stars. Buffy. Angel. Firefly/Serenity. I'm going to trust his judgement.

Unfortunately, it's not only up to Joss. I think the the Indian actress and the coment by Lindsey Lohan about being aproached come from the studio execs that think they know more than the director/write/whomever because they have the money. If the history of comics turned into films teaches us anything, it's that the movie adaptations work the best when the studio stays out of the whole creative process and just writes the checks. It's why the first Superman, the Tim Burton and Christopher Nolan Batman films, the X-Men, and the Spider-Man films did as well as they did. It's also why Catwoman, Punisher, and several other films bombed.

So, to the exects at AOL/TimeWarner: just put up the money and leave the creative process to the profesionals

More
06 Jul 2006 01:26 #6127 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Re: Wonder Woman, Indian Princess
But what is "the original Wonder Woman concept"? The 1940's comic-book character, or one of the umpteen revamps she's undergone in the last sixty years?

DC launched its new Wonder Woman series last month. Donna Troy has taken the name, and WW is "Agent Diana Prince" -- an operative for some sort of covert security agency (and a nod to her brief career, in the 1970's, as a non-super-powered secret agent somewhat reminiscent of Emma Peel).

I wonder whether this relaunch is meant to tie in with the movie? I doubt it -- moviegoers will expect the star to be wearing something like the outfit Lynda Carter filled so memorably, not a white leotard -- but time, as they say, will tell.

More
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds