Amount

The Awakening - the SPOILER thread

13 Aug 2006 05:03 #6512 by YAGS
As I said in the review thread, I was pleasantly surprised. Anyone who comes to this web site really needs to get this DVD.

But I did have one additional comment that I thought needed some spoiler space. Since the review thread didn't have any spoilers, I started this separate thread.

Spoilers ahead. Consider yourself warned.

(Actually, my spoiler really isn't that major, but others might mention bigger stuff)

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

So after all that setup, I was disappointed at the ending. I really was expecting a cat fight that never happened. For that matter, seeing Heather's character get her powers earlier so she could be showcased more would have been nice. She was psycho even before the powers, so it would have been cool to have a chance to see her really use them.

As I said, I was quite happy with what was there in the movie, but I did feel a little let down that you had all that setup for something that never really goes anywhere.

YAGS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• YAGS
  • YAGS's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
14 Aug 2006 02:00 #6517 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: The Awakening - the SPOILER thread
YAGS, thanks for the comments. Regarding your valid point regarding Heather......

MORE SPOILERS........stop reading if don't wanna know ending......

In trying to come up with a way to wrap up the story, in simplest of terms I thought I had three options:

1) Kill Lara
2) Wrap up everything with bows and sunshine
3) Leave some sort of an unknown twist and a glimpse/hope at a sequel

Some may (and one person actually has) call it a cheap marketing ploy which I think is funny as for "marketing purposes" the fact that Big Boss becomes super was never mentioned or even hinted unless you saw the movie. A cop out, maybe, but cheap marketing ploy, never! :P

Seriosuly, as I said, I had the three options. Number one I REALLY liked but couldn't bring myself to doing as Lara was my first story character! Yeah, I know....stupid answer!

#2 type endings I hate for action oriented movies like this. Hard to see that they go through all those trials and tribulations for 90 mins only to have everything miraculously fix themselves in the final 10 minutes of the movie for Lara and David. Well, they kinda do, but you know it couldn't be THAT easy.

So I opted for #3 in which Lara is cured (but still secretly powered) but now she has a rampaging psycho after her and David...all is NOT miraculously fixed and yes, it leaves a "door" open for possibl future storylines (a couple of which I have floating in my head).

As for Heather not becoming Super till the end, well unless the movie was another 90 mins long, I doubt Heather coulda really done anything. And speaking for myself (and prob Kelly, Mike, and Tamra), I dunno if a "Dances With Wolves" long epic was in the cards!! :P There was a lot to tell in the preceding 85 mins of Heather's transformation. Her transformation was the pinnacle of the whole chase and apprehension of Lara, so dunno how it could been woven in sooner without sacrificing some of the other parts of the story. I dunno though, some people have said the story lacked anyways so maybe I should jumped right into a super catfight!! :P

Anyways, what's done is done and I hope people did enjoy it! The vegas crew should be commended for seeing it through and making what I think is the premier piece of genre-based celluloid around.

Thanks for the comments, especially the one where you say everybody should buy it! :P I agree 100% :lol:

Peace
LF

Yags

As I said in the review thread, I was pleasantly surprised. Anyone who comes to this web site really needs to get this DVD.

But I did have one additional comment that I thought needed some spoiler space. Since the review thread didn't have any spoilers, I started this separate thread.

Spoilers ahead. Consider yourself warned.

(Actually, my spoiler really isn't that major, but others might mention bigger stuff)

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

So after all that setup, I was disappointed at the ending. I really was expecting a cat fight that never happened. For that matter, seeing Heather's character get her powers earlier so she could be showcased more would have been nice. She was psycho even before the powers, so it would have been cool to have a chance to see her really use them.

As I said, I was quite happy with what was there in the movie, but I did feel a little let down that you had all that setup for something that never really goes anywhere.

YAGS

More
14 Aug 2006 16:44 #6520 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Re: The Awakening - the SPOILER thread

So I opted for #3 in which Lara is cured (but still secretly powered) but now she has a rampaging psycho after her and David...all is NOT miraculously fixed and yes, it leaves a "door" open for possibl future storylines (a couple of which I have floating in my head).

Would love to see those, lfan!

I presume the chances of a second movie are as remote as the Andromeda Galaxy, but I wonder if Mandi and Heather could enact a sequel as a photostory for Mandi's site -- maybe with an assist from D_F?

More
Time to create page: 0.042 seconds