Amount

Smallville episode 7-Super Lana

11 Sep 2007 05:38 #10242 by oliu99

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• oliu99
  • oliu99's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 Sep 2007 05:40 #10243 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Smallville episode 7-Super Lana
Nice! Was bound to happen sometime, I imagine! Even with Supergirl taking a break from the episodes, we still get a superpowered fem on Smallville -- and a feisty one it sounds like!

Thanks for info, O

ElF

www.kryptonsite.com/smallvillespoilers.htm

More
11 Sep 2007 10:06 #10246 by arvin sloane
Replied by arvin sloane on topic Re: Smallville episode 7-Super Lana
OH man, this season is building up to be the best... Supergirl, and now a Super powered angry Lana? Someone been hearing my dreams :D

"If you threaten our son again, I'll put my heel through your skull"

More
19 Sep 2007 16:23 #10331 by thewisewatcher
Replied by thewisewatcher on topic Re: Smallville episode 7-Super Lana
like i said in a previous post

the creators must be reading my mind.........or my stories lol

More
02 Nov 2007 02:17 #10735 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Re: Smallville episode 7-Super Lana
This episode will air next Thursday. Judging by the preview clips shown after tonight's episode, it will be "must see TV" for all of us. Set your VCR's!

More
02 Nov 2007 10:42 #10736 by mercblue22
Replied by mercblue22 on topic @@!
First off,
I agree with everyone, this season of Smallville has been INCREDIBLE! From the great Kara strength scenes to the Lana, Lois, Kara, Chloe foresome (SEXY!) and now, a Super Lana is on the doorstep! @@ Could a guy ask for anything more!?

Well...................

YES! Its really going to happen, my pretty bird Black Canary is coming in 2008!!!! I am eccastic, anyone who knows me well knows how much I looove Black Canary. And it appears she will have her Dinah AE too, ooooooh, I might have to borrow a heart from a good friend to survive the upcoming cast of female storms! ;)

Thanks for the link!

Fonzie

More
02 Nov 2007 12:51 #10737 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Smallville episode 7-Super Lana
Curious? See for yourself:

www.kryptonsite.com/wrathpromo1.htm

ElF

This episode will air next Thursday. Judging by the preview clips shown after tonight's episode, it will be "must see TV" for all of us. Set your VCR's!

More
02 Nov 2007 14:23 #10738 by thewisewatcher
Replied by thewisewatcher on topic Re: Smallville episode 7-Super Lana

man i didn't see the episode before but i saw this on youtube today
my stomach is in knots i can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More
02 Nov 2007 18:25 #10740 by JAG1981
Replied by JAG1981 on topic Re: Smallville episode 7-Super Lana
THANK YOU LORD!!!
This is what I've been waiting for, I love her expression where she is holding up the tower...pure shock!

Next thursday better come in a hurry!

More
02 Nov 2007 19:25 #10741 by mercblue22
Replied by mercblue22 on topic OMG!
I...I think my heart stopped... @@

What power, what strength, what anger by Lana! (the sexiest girl in Smallville, to me!) :D

I sooooooooo can't wait now,

Fonzie

More
03 Nov 2007 10:47 #10748 by Spulo
Replied by Spulo on topic Re: Smallville episode 7-Super Lana
Not seen any Smallville, but the Season 7 boxset is quickly becoming a must-buy when it gets released this side of the pond.

Kara's not in this ep, right? Whyyyyyyyyyy not? If you've got one supergirl, and then you get another one...surely it makes sense to give them a big fight scene, no?

More
03 Nov 2007 10:58 #10749 by JAG1981

Not seen any Smallville, but the Season 7 boxset is quickly becoming a must-buy when it gets released this side of the pond.

Kara's not in this ep, right? Whyyyyyyyyyy not? If you've got one supergirl, and then you get another one...surely it makes sense to give them a big fight scene, no?

I agree, I would love to have seen Kara and Lana go at in in this episode, too bad Kara in not in this one.
But look at the bright side, 1 supergirl in an episode is worse than 2 but better than none

More
04 Nov 2007 14:34 #10755 by JAG1981
Hey all,
found a slightly different trailer for this episode on youtube. It has an quick extra scene where Lana shoves Clark with her new strength into a post breaking it and then moves in. Also a little extension of a throw she does

More
04 Nov 2007 16:30 #10756 by cnnjack
Replied by cnnjack on topic Re: Smallville episode 7-Super Lana
The director's cut is now also on youtube: Wrath - Director's Cut

But the second half of it is probably the worst scene of the episode, because in it Clark takes Lana's powers away (#*!# son of a ##!) :(

More
04 Nov 2007 19:08 #10757 by bionicskillz
Replied by bionicskillz on topic Re: Smallville episode 7-Super Lana
I can't wait to see this. I love supergirls in hot black boots.

More
05 Nov 2007 00:45 #10761 by arvin sloane
Replied by arvin sloane on topic Re: Smallville episode 7-Super Lana
Wouzaaa! That was great!

Love the scene of her walking on Lex´s car! POWER!!!! :twisted:

"If you threaten our son again, I'll put my heel through your skull"

More
05 Nov 2007 14:46 #10767 by ltbelial
Replied by ltbelial on topic Re: Smallville episode 7-Super Lana
Does anyone alse find the special effects quite bad for a mainstram show? People being thrown look like in cables not in a free fall, people moving at way more then soundspeed produce only a small breeze, people get punched by superhuman beings and do not get even a bloody nose and the list goes on. In that scene where Kara openens that elevator, that was a particulary easy thing to do, it was quite clear that the door was doing the movement and kara was just resting her arms on the doors. I found the effect on My super ex way way better then in smallville for instance.

More
05 Nov 2007 17:17 #10769 by The Highlander
Replied by The Highlander on topic Re: Smallville episode 7-Super Lana
I think the second video is a pre-production one (ie before all the CGI effects etc)

More
05 Nov 2007 18:34 #10772 by Spulo
Looking at that has actually got me a little cross.

I mean, it's such a sexist thing, isn't it? Woman gets superpowers, but she can't handle them and in the end the superpowered man takes them away. No doubt there'll be an epilogue where she apologises to Clark and tells him how sorry she is at how badly she used her powers, and how good it is that he has them instead of her because he's a man and only men can be trusted with superpowers.

It looks good, but...it's such a lifechanging thing that one episode really isn't enough to do it justice. She should have them forever. And he shouldn't.

Lousy Superman.

More
05 Nov 2007 19:52 #10774 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Re: Smallville episode 7-Super Lana
Spulo,

You think just like Marknew. And that is a compliment by the way.

• Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
05 Nov 2007 22:19 #10776 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Re: Smallville episode 7-Super Lana

Looking at that has actually got me a little cross.

I mean, it's such a sexist thing, isn't it? Woman gets superpowers, but she can't handle them and in the end the superpowered man takes them away. No doubt there'll be an epilogue where she apologises to Clark and tells him how sorry she is at how badly she used her powers, and how good it is that he has them instead of her because he's a man and only men can be trusted with superpowers.

It looks good, but...it's such a lifechanging thing that one episode really isn't enough to do it justice. She should have them forever. And he shouldn't.

Lousy Superman.

That scenario was used over and over in the Silver Age Superman comics: Lois or Lana would gain super-powers ... then lose them ... and Superman (or Superboy) would heave a sigh of relief. Or he'd figure out a way to remove her powers, or get her to agree to give them up.

[Here's a sample: "Lois and Lana have super-powers! I have an unpleasant premonition this may turm into a super-headache for ... Superman!" -- from "The Battle Between Super-Lois and Super-Lana," 1960 ]

That's why Ace and I wrote "The Supergirl of Smallville' -- we wanted to write a story in the style of the Silver Age and drawing upon Silver Age continuity, but overturning that convention. In our story, Lana not only gets to keep her super-powers (while Clark remains de-powered) ... she turns out to be more super-heroic than he ever was.

More
06 Nov 2007 01:27 #10781 by ace191
Replied by ace191 on topic Re: Smallville episode 7-Super Lana
I could not agree more. If you look at ACE'S COMIC PLACE, you will see five stories that show what we are talking about.

In the earliest stories, the girl gets the powers and messes up. Check out the "Big Fall". Even when Lana is invunerable (and Superboy is not), He has to save her! In the last two Stories, Lois does a great job with her powers, but still, guess who is the only Super one in the last panel!

Speaking of "The Supergirl of Smallville", now that baseball is over and Argo's team is the World's champ (my D-Backs fell in the NLCS), it is time for us to get back to it!

More
06 Nov 2007 07:09 #10785 by Spulo
So it's not just a sexist thing, then, it's incredibly dated too. It'll be Ultrawoman all over again - a nice thing to look back on, but a missed opportunity for a the series. Not just saying this as a superfemme fan (though yes, mostly I am) but in terms of tv drama...it's the sort of thing you could build an entire arc around. Not one episode. Pah.

And what of the little children who might be warped by this sexist drivel grow up to be mad scientists and build devices to give people superpowers? They're not going to do the right thing and give those powers to a lovely lady, because no, girls can't handle it...

And am I right in thinking Clark would probably take Kara's powers away from her too, if he could? It sounds like he's all "You mustn't use them, no-one must know".

You better than him, Kara. Get spinoff series without him. And get costume.

More
06 Nov 2007 17:51 #10788 by Rich
Replied by Rich on topic Re: Smallville episode 7-Super Lana
That's why Ace and I wrote "The Supergirl of Smallville' -- we wanted to write a story in the style of the Silver Age and drawing upon Silver Age continuity, but overturning that convention. In our story, Lana not only gets to keep her super-powers (while Clark remains de-powered) ... she turns out to be more super-heroic than he ever was.

Link????????

More
06 Nov 2007 18:51 #10789 by conceptfan
Replied by conceptfan on topic Re: Smallville episode 7-Super Lana

Link????????

It was from the last SGInc Story Workshop...

www.superwomenmania.com/storybank/bank/T...0Team%20Acenaut.html

More
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds