Amount

BW Over ~ It's official.

21 Feb 2008 15:35 #11718 by Random321
BW Over ~ It's official. was created by Random321
Sad news to some ~ "whatever" news to others.

www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6824

My question is: What would you have done differently?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Random321
  • Random321's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
21 Feb 2008 16:07 #11719 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: BW Over ~ It's official.
As Lee Corso would say, "Not so fast there my friend!" This has been floating out there a while and while probably true, no official word from NBC as of yet. Stranger things have happened, especially based on internet rally cries (see: Veronica Mars and Kim Possible).

For those wanting to rattle sabres in Michelle's defense here are the links:

www.nbc.com/Footer/Contact_Us/
www.petitiononline.com/BWlives/petition.html

ElF

Sad news to some ~ "whatever" news to others.

www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6824

My question is: What would you have done differently?

More
21 Feb 2008 17:17 #11720 by dauntingmold
Replied by dauntingmold on topic Re: BW Over ~ It's official.
I'm sad to see it go, I think as others have mentioned the production behind the scenes seems to have been all over the place, with no continuity, this might explain why some of the episodes seemed also to be all over the place too. Having said that I still enjoyed watching the show, but could have been better with just one person in charge of the project. Glen Morgan could of been that man, I wonder why he quit after only a couple of episodes? I'm still a fan of Michelle Ryan as well, even if she does seem to be getting some of the blame.

Thanks for the link to the petition lfan, I signed in the forlorn hope it might do some good.

More
22 Feb 2008 15:39 #11729 by AJF
Replied by AJF on topic Re: BW Over ~ It's official.
The Toronto Globe and Mail has a tory that contradics Auisello. There is a link to it at NBC's offical BW message board.
It was posted today, and has quotes from Vancouver Film Studios spoksman. He says that the studio has not been informed by NBC that BW is cancelled, but also has not ben told, when, and if it will go back into production. The article also states that BW's production office is still being staffed and that the sets have been taken down, but not destroyed.

How many times has it been "reported" that BW is cancelled, by someone with inside sources? Auisello has no quotes. There is no offical comment from NBC. The Hollywood press has done a very poor job reporting on BW. Where were they when NBC fired its writers, some of its producers and even some of its cast? Why didn't they report on how the second episode was thrown out and next three were heavily reshot and edited? That the whole planned storyline first the first 13 episodes was thrown out?

I still think BW could move to cable and get relaunched if DVD sales are strong.

More
22 Feb 2008 15:47 #11730 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: BW Over ~ It's official.
Doesn't surprise me......TV Guide used to be a book of TV listings. Now it is US Weekly/"National Enquirer for TV" type of rag with questionable content most of the time....

ElF

The Toronto Globe and Mail has a tory that contradics Auisello. There is a link to it at NBC's offical BW message board.
It was posted today, and has quotes from Vancouver Film Studios spoksman. He says that the studio has not been informed by NBC that BW is cancelled, but also has not ben told, when, and if it will go back into production. The article also states that BW's production office is still being staffed and that the sets have been taken down, but not destroyed.

How many times has it been "reported" that BW is cancelled, by someone with inside sources? Auisello has no quotes. There is no offical comment from NBC. The Hollywood press has done a very poor job reporting on BW. Where were they when NBC fired its writers, some of its producers and even some of its cast? Why didn't they report on how the second episode was thrown out and next three were heavily reshot and edited? That the whole planned storyline first the first 13 episodes was thrown out?

I still think BW could move to cable and get relaunched if DVD sales are strong.

More
22 Feb 2008 15:59 #11731 by AJF
The Globe article also says the NBC says that there will be new episodes for this seson, but did not say that the show is cancelled. There arn't going to be any new episodes for Heroes, Chuck and Life for this season, too. The production office is still staffed by about 10 people. Didn't TVguide say that the shows cast and staff were told last week that the show was cancelled?

The Globe article basicly says that BW's future looks murky.

More
22 Feb 2008 20:18 #11738 by JAG1981
Replied by JAG1981 on topic Re: BW Over ~ It's official.
I recall there being a message from someone at NBC a few months ago that they were going to do 5 more episodes this season. Nothing new has come out of that. Looks like NBC is keeping quiet on this. I think they want to see what response they get from fans wanting the show back, and also "Volume One" with the first 8 episodes is slated for DVD release soon. They may wait to see how the sales are(remember Family Guy), if the fan base is there I'm sure they will continue the series.
I for one didn't mind the show, wasn't the greatest thing ever released on TV but by far was not the worst. There have been shows that were beyond crap that networks kept for at least a second season.

This was my big concern with the writer's strike. New shows only got a handful of episodes in and because of that many people did not watch them because they didn't want to get caught up in the story and then have to wait till the fall for continuing stories. Also there are many shows that the first 10-15 episodes are so-so but the series picks up after that. If Bionic Woman had a full season(and a better time slot) I think it would have been fine for a second season. I want them to bring it back.

Guess we'll just have to wait for an official statement from NBC, everything said so far is just reports.

That's my two cents worth

JAG

More
27 Feb 2008 00:49 #11768 by AJF
On her official, website Lucy Hale posted a response to the question if BW cas cancelled. It was posted on the sites message board on Feb. 21. Hale said the show is cancelled. This goes against what Michelle Ryan told the UK's Daily Telegragh (she said the show was not cancelled) and the Globe and Mail story that was posted Feb.22.

Who's right and who's wrong?

More
29 Feb 2008 04:41 #11780 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Re: BW Over ~ It's official.
Okay ~ so maybe I jumped the gun ~ maybe not. Can't trust anyone with media rumors anymore. :?

I'd like to see it given another shot that and maybe the Studios will want to go with what they've got ~ which will *perhaps* be easier to get back up and running production wise rather than going shopping and retooling.

• Random321
  • Random321's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds