Amount

Smallville S07 E20 (Season Finale)

16 May 2008 18:06 #12329 by JAG1981
Smallville S07 E20 (Season Finale) was created by JAG1981
Hey all,
Another season of Smallville has come to an end but thankfully Kara made some great contributions to this episode

Up first we have Kara on a plane pretending to be a flight attendant looking for answers. When she doesn't get them by asking politely, she tries it the easy way (about 1 min into the clip)

Kara Plane

Next we have a clip that is very similar to one of Clark and Kara's first meeting. She tries to fly away and Clark grabs her again. Only difference is this time she lands the kick

Kara Kick

Only thing I was disappointed about with this episode was a scene where Kara is in Lex's mansion and sees something that she wants in a safe. She only turns the handle and opens it instead of ripping it off. When I saw that safe I had my hopes up but was let down.

Anyway... enjoy the clips. Can't wait for Season 8

JAG

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JAG1981
  • JAG1981's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 May 2008 19:12 #12334 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Smallville S07 E20 (Season Finale)
JAG --

thx for the links....haha, when I was watching it, all I could think of was "another great potential uber moment lost" when she just turned the handle on the safe.

Oh well....

Hopefully, that will not be the end of Kara on Smallville. Rumors have been swirling (based on Laura Vandervort's absence on the fall promo cast listings) that her days as a regular cast member are numbered. Hopefully just an oversight on the PR people. God knows CW doesn't have the sharpest knives in the drawer working in that dept!!

ElF

Hey all,
Another season of Smallville has come to an end but thankfully Kara made some great contributions to this episode

Up first we have Kara on a plane pretending to be a flight attendant looking for answers. When she doesn't get them by asking politely, she tries it the easy way (about 1 min into the clip)

Kara Plane

Next we have a clip that is very similar to one of Clark and Kara's first meeting. She tries to fly away and Clark grabs her again. Only difference is this time she lands the kick

Kara Kick

Only thing I was disappointed about with this episode was a scene where Kara is in Lex's mansion and sees something that she wants in a safe. She only turns the handle and opens it instead of ripping it off. When I saw that safe I had my hopes up but was let down.

JAG

More
16 May 2008 20:04 #12337 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Re: Smallville S07 E20 (Season Finale)
Thanks for the links.

Anyway to post those files so that you can actually download them to your PC instead of just being able to watch them?

Thanks

• Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
16 May 2008 20:16 #12338 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Smallville S07 E20 (Season Finale)
As a followup, Kara IS off the show. Laura Vandervortt has confirmed it.
Bite me, Smallville producers!!

:(

ElF

JAG --

thx for the links....haha, when I was watching it, all I could think of was "another great potential uber moment lost" when she just turned the handle on the safe.

Oh well....

Hopefully, that will not be the end of Kara on Smallville. Rumors have been swirling (based on Laura Vandervort's absence on the fall promo cast listings) that her days as a regular cast member are numbered. Hopefully just an oversight on the PR people. God knows CW doesn't have the sharpest knives in the drawer working in that dept!!

ElF

Hey all,

Kara Plane

Kara Kick

JAG

More
16 May 2008 20:21 #12339 by AJF
Replied by AJF on topic Re: Smallville S07 E20 (Season Finale)
She might appear in one or two episodes. It looks like Tess, the new villainiess will have powers. And that character will b a series regular. Tess is short for Tessbacher, Lex Luthor's floozy in the first two Superman films.

More
16 May 2008 20:24 #12340 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Re: Smallville S07 E20 (Season Finale)
Now that's a rip ~ I break the news to Lfan and he rushes off to post it first... :evil:

Sources on the Kara/Vandervoort departure:

www.laura-vandervoort.net/
(Is rather gloom and doom)

www.kryptonsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90115
(Gives hope that she will show in 1 or 2 episodes)
(Also shows some of the people who watch the show that have no clue)
I fully intend to not watch or hit the webpage in season 8 unless it is right around the time she stars in an episode.

More
16 May 2008 22:18 #12341 by sgfan05
Replied by sgfan05 on topic Re: Smallville S07 E20 (Season Finale)
Well never watching that show again :evil:

In all I was quite happy with Laura's depiction of Kara in the show hope she has plenty of other roles out there.

More
16 May 2008 22:44 #12342 by Mirk
Replied by Mirk on topic Re: Smallville S07 E20 (Season Finale)
I thought Kara was not in this episode.

More
17 May 2008 16:18 #12345 by dave147
Replied by dave147 on topic Re: Smallville S07 E20 (Season Finale)
hi everyone,

I have been really impressed by laura vanderoort performance as kara/supergirl and enjoyed it. If you said to me two years that we going to get supergirl in smallville with such lovely actress playing her as laura i thought it would have been like all my xmas coming at once bjut i feel very disappionted now how the new writers that have taken over smallville our superheroine. I was thinking how nice the other week as 25 ann helen slater played supergirl in the movie and thought how great it would be to see laura play her on 50 ann of supergirl coming to earth from action 252 may 59.

I will buy smallville season 7 dvd when it comes out soley as support for supergirl i doubt that i watch season 8 unless the writers have a sudden change of heart and bring kara back but reading what i have over the last two days i really cant see that happening.

my two thoughts on this

dave

More
17 May 2008 18:55 #12346 by dauntingmold
Replied by dauntingmold on topic Re: Smallville S07 E20 (Season Finale)
Yes I agree with you Dave147, I think Laura did a great job portraying Supergirl, although I didn't like some of the stories she was involved in I couldn't fault the actress. I was hoping her storlines were going to improve in season 8, but that appears not to be the case. I just hope they give her at least one episode next year just so Kara can get her out of the phantom zone and leave with some dignity.

They say every cloud has a silver lining, I've just read the casting break down for the new series regular, Tess, which says she is Drop Dead Gorgeous. Determined. Sexy. Vengeful. And with amped physical strength. A little hope for some uber action in season 8 after all, but still, no Supergirl :cry:

More
18 May 2008 19:44 #12359 by dave147
Replied by dave147 on topic Re: Smallville S07 E20 (Season Finale)
hi dauntingmold,

thanks for saying that and we have to see about tess character but it defaintely not be same without kara just had a thought why couldnt have tess as kara rivial and foe with while doomsday is clark foe if only

dave

More
23 Jul 2008 18:02 #12960 by superheroinebabes

• superheroinebabes
More
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds