Amount

Supermom Pilot

29 Sep 2009 12:44 #16847 by skate79
Supermom Pilot was created by skate79
www.aintitcool.com/node/42536

Barry Sonnenfeld, the “Men in Black” director who helmed the acclaimed pilot for “Pushing Daisies,” will direct an untitled ABC pilot about a mom who comes into possession of a costume that gives her superpowers.

Sonnenfeld’s other directorial credits include the “Addams Family” movies,” “Get Shorty,” “Wild Wild West,” “Big Trouble” and “RV.”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• skate79
  • skate79's Avatar Topic Author
More
29 Sep 2009 14:37 #16850 by Dr. Muttonchops
Replied by Dr. Muttonchops on topic Cool!
Sorry, I pressed the wrong button when I was going to reply to this message! :oops: But I remember back when this project was going to
be about a whole Super family,like "The Incredibles",now it's going to be about a Supermom! I just hope there's some really cool Super stuff in it! :wink:

• Dr. Muttonchops
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
29 Sep 2009 15:11 #16852 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Supermom Pilot
Hmm...StanLee had a project in development called "SuperMom" wonder if this has any ties to it (with Stan in bed with Disney and Disney owning ABC). Even better, the scrumptuous Kelly Preston had been tied to it....

Hope its not a 30 min comedy....if so, has disater written all over it. Hopefully its more like a GAH reboot....

ElF

More
29 Sep 2009 18:14 #16853 by AJF
Replied by AJF on topic Re: Supermom Pilot
Would would ABC want sitcom based on one superherione when they just turned down No Heroics?

More
30 Sep 2009 02:23 #16860 by yohashuan
Replied by yohashuan on topic Re: Supermom Pilot
TV Moms can run the gamut. As long as "SuperMom" is more Elizabeth Montgomery/Teri Hatcher , and less Roseanne Barr/Estelle Costanza, I'm on board.

More
03 Oct 2009 18:11 #16895 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Re: Supermom Pilot
This could be "our" kind of show ... or it could be a disappointment along the lines of the "Bionic Woman" revamp or Kara in "Smallville." If anyone learns anything new about this project, please keep the rest of us posted!

Van Johnson is right -- Kelly Preston would be perfect in the role of a supermom. Check out her "Jetstream" character from "Sky High."

More
04 Oct 2009 04:26 #16913 by CaptainIrishman
Replied by CaptainIrishman on topic Re: Supermom Pilot
I fear this will turn out to be more like Supergran

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Gran

Which will be BAD and Painful unless you were 8 years old in 1984 and then it qualifies as nostalgia ....

otherwise I refer you back to the words BAD and PAINFUL ....

More
08 Jan 2010 18:03 #17935 by Rich
Replied by Rich on topic Re: Supermom Pilot
Any update on this?

More
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds