Amount

Justice League Unlimited: Doomsday Returns

20 Feb 2005 14:21 #171 by lfan
Overall, very good episode. Interesting premise and story -- go watch it! Ubergal action in it is somewhat limited though we do get to see WW flex her muscle in a couple of brief scenes.

One VERY interesting scene is a discussion of scientists from Cadmus going over their projects. Prof Hamilton says "Galatea is almost repaired and she should return to action soon" (or something like that). Hmm....could we see the SG clone again soon?

Lfan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
20 Feb 2005 20:00 #173 by jdrock24
Replied by jdrock24 on topic Re: Justice League Unlimited: Doomsday Returns
This was one of the best episodes so far. I really like the adult themed issues they are starting to deal with. What will the JL do if Luthor becomes president? Who's side will Batman be on if the JL decides to go rogue? I guess we will have to see...

Anyway, I'm sorry this post seems to be off topic. But I hope that we get to see that SG clone back soon.

More
21 Feb 2005 01:55 #178 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Doomsday Themes
JD --

Off-topic? Nonsense! Well, maybe so, but that doesn't prevent this episode from being a great one even with the limited ubergirl action.
People that tend to shy away from comics and cartoon cause they are "kiddy stuff" really miss out some great and incredibly witty writing, IMO. Of course, a lot of it is total crap too, but when well done (like this) its entertaining regardless of the medium. Same goes for comics too. Anybody doubting this should pick up the Identity Crisis mini-series and then comment -- defintely not your father's comic book!!

OK, enough of my commentary.....oh yeah, will be good to see Galatea in action soon too! :wink:

Lfan

This was one of the best episodes so far. I really like the adult themed issues they are starting to deal with. What will the JL do if Luthor becomes president? Who's side will Batman be on if the JL decides to go rogue? I guess we will have to see...

Anyway, I'm sorry this post seems to be off topic. But I hope that we get to see that SG clone back soon.

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
21 Feb 2005 03:09 #180 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Re: Justice League Unlimited: Doomsday Returns
"Justice League" has grown from an enjoyable diversion to an engrossing dramatic series, with sharp writing and effective "camera work." (Take a look at the scene Larafan referenced, which shifts back and forth between the JL satellite and Cadmus headquarters. The director used cross-cutting and circular pans to create a neat, effective piece of cinematography that Hitchcock might have approved of!)

And just to bring this thread back on topic -- the series has featured quite a few DC heroines that I never expected to see on the small screen. So far there's been Supergirl, Power Girl (actually a Supergirl clone), Black Canary, Vixen, Zatanna ...

Hey, now that "The Awakening" has given Larafan some screenwriting "cred," maybe he could turn "Zupergirl" into an episode of JLU ... :D

BTW -- I've missed a few episodes. During the final credits of last night's show, I spotted a couple of clips featuring Big Barda. Has that episode aired yet?

More
21 Feb 2005 04:35 #187 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Big Barda Ep
Argo --

FYI.....The episode featuring Big Barda aired the week before (in the States on CN). It was the one starring her, Mr Miracle, and Flash......

Lfan

"Justice League" has grown from an enjoyable diversion to an engrossing dramatic series, with sharp writing and effective "camera work." (Take a look at the scene Larafan referenced, which shifts back and forth between the JL satellite and Cadmus headquarters. The director used cross-cutting and circular pans to create a neat, effective piece of cinematography that Hitchcock might have approved of!)

And just to bring this thread back on topic -- the series has featured quite a few DC heroines that I never expected to see on the small screen. So far there's been Supergirl, Power Girl (actually a Supergirl clone), Black Canary, Vixen, Zatanna ...

Hey, now that "The Awakening" has given Larafan some screenwriting "cred," maybe he could turn "Zupergirl" into an episode of JLU ... :D

BTW -- I've missed a few episodes. During the final credits of last night's show, I spotted a couple of clips featuring Big Barda. Has that episode aired yet?

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
22 Feb 2005 21:11 #214 by steelknight3000
Replied by steelknight3000 on topic Re: Justice League Unlimited: Doomsday Returns
Speaking of, I just posted some clips of Barda on the XtSt FTP server. In the movie clips folder under justice league unlimited.

More
22 Feb 2005 22:26 #215 by jdrock24

Speaking of, I just posted some clips of Barda on the XtSt FTP server. In the movie clips folder under justice league unlimited.

Can you post that address here or send me a PM steelknight? I used to have it bookmarked on my old computer, until it crashed and burned. :evil:

More
23 Feb 2005 02:02 #222 by steelknight3000
Replied by steelknight3000 on topic Re: Justice League Unlimited: Doomsday Returns
The address is on the xtreme strength Yahoo group
groups.yahoo.com/groups/xtreme_strength
Use SmartFTP for the best results.
www.smartftp.com

More
23 Feb 2005 02:48 #224 by jdrock24
Thanks steelknight.

It must be down right now. I'll try again tomorrow.

More
24 Feb 2005 07:34 #255 by lojack
JLU renewed for 23 more episodes!

More
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds