Amount

Oh mighty Isis! ....Isis....Isis.....

11 Aug 2010 20:11 #20027 by lfan
They've released the names of some of the other Smallville episodes this season, and lo and behold....the fifth episode's title is "Isis". Of course, who knows if this means the 70s Saturday Morning heroine will be featured, but in the new season trailer, there is a pretty prominent shot of a very Egyptian-esque amulet. The rumors and speculation are running rampant on the SV forums, but one intriguing notion is that Lois (who is featured in Eqypt in the beginning of season 10) will be transformed into Isis!

Another theory is that the notion of Isis fits into CWs 'girl-centric' programming, maybe as a possible trial run for a spin-off after SV ends its run. I would MUCH rather like to see a Supergirl-based series, but Isis would be kinda cool as well.

Anyways, just passing on the news....

ElF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
12 Aug 2010 13:54 #20029 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Re: Oh mighty Isis! ....Isis....Isis.....
As I recall, Lana ran something called the Isis Foundation a few seasons back. It provided help for "meteor freaks" (I forget the politically correct term that the show later adopted). The title "Isis" might be referring to that. But the amulet, and Lois in Egypt, do suggest something along the lines you're hoping for. Wait and see ...

More
12 Aug 2010 14:03 #20030 by lfan
Yeah...good point regarding the Isis Foundation, Argo...that is being speculated as well. Hopefully, its the former idea! :)

ElF

As I recall, Lana ran something called the Isis Foundation a few seasons back. It provided help for "meteor freaks" (I forget the politically correct term that the show later adopted). The title "Isis" might be referring to that. But the amulet, and Lois in Egypt, do suggest something along the lines you're hoping for. Wait and see ...

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
25 Aug 2010 02:29 #20109 by lfan
UPDATE: Ausiello from TV Guide has stated that Lois will indeed be the "Isis" in this episode! Woo-hoo!

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
25 Aug 2010 17:57 #20114 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Re: Oh mighty Isis! ....Isis....Isis.....
From a Superman mythos perspective - does this make any sense? (Hate how much that sounds like the SG haters – it’s just an honest question.)

Has an Isis character really been in comic books or a cartoon? I can’t find anything on the 70’s cartoon Lfan mentioned. But it sounds familiar to me beyond the Greco-Roman deity connection for some reason.

Is Isis another DC property – or is she public domain?

More
25 Aug 2010 18:39 #20116 by YAGS
I believe Isis was related to Captain Marvel (Shazam), which is now owned by DC. Don't know if she's ever been seen in relation to Superman, though.

More
25 Aug 2010 22:29 #20117 by lfan
As far as my understanding, Isis is based on an Egyptian Goddess and cannot be copyrighted as a character (same explanation for DC and Marvel both having a Hercules). As long as they play her as an offshoot of the goddess, I think they're cool.....

As far as comics goes, YAGS is correct in that the Isis character was reintroduced in DC Universe in the "52" saga. She actually had a pretty important part as the girlfriend of Black Adam.

ElF

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
26 Aug 2010 01:48 #20118 by Raa
Until she died and died again lfan. Ok the second time she and adam was turned into stone.

More
26 Aug 2010 04:40 #20119 by ace191
Replied by ace191 on topic Re: Oh mighty Isis! ....Isis....Isis.....
She was a school teacher by day, and a smoking hot superbabe whenever there was trouble. She would pull out her amulet and say, "Oh Mighty Isis".

More
26 Aug 2010 04:47 #20120 by ace191
I tell you what, Lois looks alot like her. One more clip

More
26 Aug 2010 13:04 #20121 by lfan
I think she's getting setup to come back (see latest ish of Titans), Raa....ah, "death" in comics.....

Until she died and died again lfan. Ok the second time she and adam was turned into stone.

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
26 Aug 2010 14:55 #20122 by lfan
More details as per Ausiello (SPOILER):

Question: You tell us that Erica Durance is playing Isis on Smallville and you don’t elaborate? WTH? —Steve

Ausiello: Do you still not understand how this works? Ausiello TV is where the seed gets planted, and Ask Ausiello is where we watch the flower grow. Put another way, Ausiello TV is the foreplay to Ask Ausiello’s full-on shag. So whaddaya say we get down to business? “It’s an inhabitation story,” explains exec producer Brian Peterson of the Lois-Isis connection. “Lois is actually going to be possessed by the spirit of Isis.” Was it good for you, Steve? BTW, quick clarification: Smallville‘s Isis isn’t the DC Comics character Isis. It’s the Egyptian goddess Isis with a nod to the DC Isis. Understand? Good, now explain it to me.

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
27 Aug 2010 06:06 #20123 by ace191
OK, so this will be a rerun like when Lois was super, but Zod's wife was pulling the strings. Let us hope for a cute costume at least.

More
27 Aug 2010 10:37 #20125 by lfan
Yeah...apparenty another "possession episode".... I find it interesting that TPTB don't take the opportunity to give Lois powers and have her 'experience' them, seeing that she is so obsessed with the city's resident hero (the Blur).....

ElF

OK, so this will be a rerun like when Lois was super, but Zod's wife was pulling the strings. Let us hope for a cute costume at least.

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
02 Oct 2010 13:45 #20470 by lfan
The sound of the official episode description sounds promising:

"LOIS DECIDES TO TELL CLARK SHE KNOWS HIS SECRET — Lois (Erica Durance) decides to tell Clark (Tom Welling) she knows he’s The Blur, but she accidentally activates an ancient artifact that transforms her into the Goddess Isis, complete with superpowers of her own. Oliver (JustinHartley) and Clark reluctantly decide to ask Tess (Cassidy Freeman) for help with Lois. Meanwhile, after Cat Grant (guest star Keri Lynn Pratt) witnesses Lois as Isis using her superpowers, she decides Lois is the Blur and sets out to prove it. Posted on KryptonSite. James Marshall directed the episode written by Genevieve Sparling (#3X6005)."

In a glimpse of one of the show's season 10 promos, it appears (though it's very quick) that Lois has indeed superstrength as part of her 'superpowers'

We'll see....first up thoough next week (Oct 8th) is Supergirl!!

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 Oct 2010 19:06 #20584 by oliu99

More
11 Oct 2010 19:36 #20587 by lfan

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 Oct 2010 22:55 #20597 by superheroinebabes
Replied by superheroinebabes on topic Isis

First image:

www.spoilertv.com/2010/10/smallville-sea...st-look-at-isis.html

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Thanks!

• superheroinebabes
More
15 Oct 2010 19:22 #20647 by lfan
More pics, but mostly the same:

www.kryptonsite.com/isisgallery1.htm (page thru)

Njoy
ElF

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
15 Oct 2010 19:37 #20648 by superheroinebabes
Replied by superheroinebabes on topic thanks

More pics, but mostly the same:

www.kryptonsite.com/isisgallery1.htm (page thru)

Njoy
ElF

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Thanks!

• superheroinebabes
More
18 Oct 2010 13:14 #20680 by kobarsos

More
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds